|FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
For Immediate Release
Grill Maintenance 101: How to Keep Your Grill Going All Summer Long
It’s officially grill season, and unless you’re a hardcore fanatic, chances are your grill could use more than a little TLC after those long, cold months of neglect. Don’t worry -- the outdoor appliance experts at Abt Electronics and Appliancesare here for you and your readers/viewers/listeners.
When it comes to grills, Abt Electronics, the largest independent, single-store appliance and electronics retailer in the country, has seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. Poor maintenance can drastically shorten the lifespan of your favorite cooking appliance, so to make sure your charcoal and gas grills lastfor the long haul, Abt’s experts recommend that you:
- Brush while it’s hot and clean regularly – Instead of waiting for your grill to cool down to scrape off cooked on debris, use a long grill brush to clean off your grates while they are still hot. It’s also crucial to give your grill a good scrubbing at least once every other month to ensure it lasts.
- Oil your grates regularly – Apply a thin layer of high-smoke temperature oil, like canola oil, to prevent food from sticking to your grill.
- Know your grill – To keep your grill clean and your family safe, illuminate your grill at night with an LED grill light and only use the proper cleaner for your purpose. To clean porcelain-coated or powder-coated lids, use a mild dishwashing soap and warm water. For stainless steel lids, use a stainless steel one-step cleaner.
- Spray distilled white vinegar and water for major messes – If your grill needs a little extra attention, spray one-part distilled white vinegar with one-part water, close the lid, and let it rest for an hour before scraping away stuck-on debris.
- Invest in a water-resistant cover – The best way to prevent your grill from going to waste too soon is to properly cover and store it after every use.
Please feel free to reach out if you are interested in learning more or if you have any questions.
Abt Electronics and Appliances
Founded in 1936, Abt is the largest independent, single-store retailer of electronics and appliances in the country. This third-generation family-run business provides unparalleled customer service with its team of 1,200 expert staff members at its Glenview, Illinois-based store which boasts a 107,000 square-foot showroom on 37 acres. The company has been recognized by Chicago Tribune as one of the Top Workplaces in Chicago for five consecutive years, taking the #1 position in 2012 and 2011. Abt services customers nationwide through its ecommerce website, where customers can receive advice and customer support through the site's live chat feature, email and toll-free phone number. Abt has its own 12,000 square-foot recycling center and features an atrium where customers gain access to its boutique stores-within-a-store such as The Apple Boutique. For more information, visit www.Abt.com.