All Apple hardware comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. To extend your coverage further, purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+.
Because Apple makes the hardware, the operating system, and many applications, Apple products are truly integrated systems. And only AppleCare products give you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.
One stop technical supportBecause Apple designs the computer, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.
- Direct access to Apple experts
- Global repair coverage
- Onsite repair for desktop computers: Request that a technician come to your work site1
- Mail-in repair for portable computers and Apple displays: Mail in your Mac or Apple display using a prepaid shipping box provided by Apple
- Carry-in repair: Take your Mac or Apple display to an Apple Retail Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
Apple hardware coverageThe AppleCare Protection Plan provides global repair coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians around the world.
- Your Mac computer
- Included accessories such as the power adapter
- Apple memory (RAM)
- AirPort Express Base Station, AirPort Extreme Base Station, or Time Capsule
- MacBook Air SuperDrive (for MacBook Air and Mac mini only)
- Apple display purchased with your Mac
- Your Apple display
- Built-in camera, mic, and speakers
- Included power cord
Software support includedWhether you're sitting in the comfort of your home or office or on the go, you can get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of topics.
- Using the OS X operating system
- Quick how-to questions about iLife and iWork
- Connecting to printers and AirPort networks
- Connecting to your Mac
- Using audio
- Video chatting
Automatically RegisteredWhen you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan together with Apple Hardware at the same time, you'll be automatically registered in the plan.
With the exception of North Carolina, the company obligated under the AppleCare Protection Plan in the United States is AppleCare Service Company, Inc., an Arizona corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of Apple Inc., doing business in Texas as Apple CSC Inc. In North Carolina, the company obligated under the AppleCare Protection Plan is Apple Inc. For complete details, see terms at apple.com/legal/applecare