Apple MacBook Air 13" 1.6GHz Intel Core i5 Notebook Computer - MMGG2LL/A
MacBook Air is thin, light, and durable enough to take anywhere. With fifth-generation Intel processors, fast graphics, and fast PCIe-based flash storage, it’s more than powerful enough for everyday things like email, web surfing, photo organizing and editing, and FaceTime HD video calls. And with all-day battery life, MacBook Air will go with you and stay with you the entire day.
- Designed for portability
- Features a unibody design that's thin and light, yet durable enough to handle the rigors of everyday life
- Only 2.38 pounds for the 11-inch model, 2.96 pounds for the 13-inch model, and both just 0.68 inches at the thickest point
- Designed for life on the go—easily slides into any backpack or briefcase
- All-day battery life
- Up to 9 hours of wireless web or up to 10 hours of iTunes movie playback on the 11-inch model
- Up to 12 hours of wireless web or iTunes movie playback on the 13-inch model
- 30 days of standby time
- Fifth-generation Intel processors
- Designed to reduce power consumption while maintaining high performance
- Configurable to 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
- Next-generation graphics
- Intel HD Graphics 6000 is the next generation of advanced integrated graphics and delivers fast graphics performance for immersive mainstream gaming and smooth scrolling through large music or photo libraries
- Fast PCIe-based flash storage
- Up to 17 times faster than a traditional notebook hard drive
- Wake from sleep in just one second
- Configurable up to 512GB
- Thunderbolt 2 port
- Next generation of the most advanced I/O technology, delivering twice the bandwidth—up to 20 Gbps—for the fastest data transfers yet
- Up to two times faster than previous generation Thunderbolt ports
- Other key technologies
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB 3 ports
- FaceTime HD camera for video calls
- Stereo speakers and dual microphones
- Multi-Touch trackpad
- Supports all the Multi-Touch gestures Mac users love including tap, scroll, pinch, and swipe
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1440 by 900 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, and 1024 by 640 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio and 1024 by 768 and 800 by 600 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio
- 256GB PCIe-based flash storage
- Configurable to 512GB flash storage
- 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
- Configurable to 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.
- 8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
Battery And Power
- Up to 12 hours wireless web
- Up to 12 hours iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days standby time
- Built-in 54-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter with cable management; MagSafe 2 power port
Graphics and Video Support
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors.
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)
Charging and Expansion
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt 2 port (up to 20 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- SDXC card slot
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three‑finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Sierra introduces Siri to Mac — along with new ways to enjoy your photos, shop more securely online, and work more seamlessly between devices
- App Store
In the Box:
- MacBook Air
- Power adapter
- AC wall plug
- Power cord
- Height: 0.11" to 0.68"
- Width: 12.8"
- Depth: 8.94"
- Unit: 2.96 lbs
- Shipping: 6.4 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Testing conducted by Apple in February 2015 using preproduction 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Air units and preproduction 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The HD movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are free on the Mac App Store for qualifying Mac computers purchased on or after October 1, 2013. OS X Yosemite or later required. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except India and South Korea.
- MacBook Air achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.