Netgear Nighthawk X8 Smart WiFi Router - R8500-100NAS
Give your small business a unique style with the compelling facade and features of these business laptops. They're built for security and productivity, with a look that makes business personal again.
- The Next Wave in WiFi
The Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Smart WiFi Router is the next wave in WiFi. Tri-Band WiFi and Quad Stream performance boosts X8's combined wireless speeds to up to 5.3Gbps. Four external Active Antennas plus four internal antennas amplify WiFi range. Six gigabit Ethernet ports means even more wired devices can connect and with port aggregation 2 ports can combine to double maximum wired speeds. Nighthawk X8 is the next wave in WiFi.
- The Next Wave in WiFi
Nighthawk X8 is the next wave in WiFi with combined speeds up to 5.3Gbps, industry's first Active Antennas, and 2x wired speeds with port aggregation.
- Nighthawk X8
Blazing speed, broadened range and best-in-class technology features make the Nighthawk X8 the ultimate in WiFi. Learn more in this product tour.
- Get fastest speeds available up to 5.3Gbps
- Tri-band WiFi delivers more WiFi to more devices
- Quad Stream delivers up to four data streams per WiFi band
- 4 active antennas and 4 internal antennas amplify and maximize range
- 6 Gigabit Ethernet ports-aggregate two ports for faster file transfers
- Smart Connect intelligently selects the fastest WiFi band for every device
- MU-MIMO capable for simultaneous streaming of data to multiple devices
- Dynamic QoS prioritizes bandwidth by application and device
- ReadyCLOUD® USB Access - Secure personal access to USB storage from anywhere
- Fastest Tri-Band WiFi Router
The Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Smart WiFi Router with breakthrough Tri-Band WiFi technology delivers a massive combined wireless speed of up to 5.3Gbps. X8 uses Smart Connect to optimize WiFi performance by intelligently assigning every device to the fastest WiFi band possible and doing so allows devices to connect at their maximum speed. Load Balancing distributes WiFi devices ensuring usage of both the 5GHz WiFi bands. Even if everyone and everything in the home that's connected to the Internet is streaming, gaming, working, playing, socializing or updating at the same time, the X8 won't miss a beat-you'll enjoy seamless clarity and zero lag.
- Dynamic Quality of Service
If you like gaming and streaming videos, then you'll benefit from Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS). Dynamic QoS resolves Internet traffic congestion when you have competing Internet demands at home. Dynamic QoS identifies your online activities by application and device, and then utilizes bandwidth allocation, and traffic prioritization techniques, to automatically allocate more bandwidth to latency sensitive applications like online gaming and video streaming, while ensuring that lower priority applications continue to work.
- Industry's First Active Antennas
Each new generation of routers grows more powerful than the last, delivering stronger WiFi signals with greater range. At the same time, the WiFi signals on mobile devices are not getting more powerful. This difference in WiFi performance reduces overall WiFi range and speed.
To meet this challenge, NETGEAR developed the industry's first Active Antennas technology. NETGEAR moved the WiFi amplifiers from their usual location, on the router's motherboard, to the top of the antennas. These Active Antennas help improve WiFi performance by amplifying signal in the antenna itself. This allows the router to receive cleaner and stronger signals from your mobile devices, avoiding signal degradation between the antennas and motherboard.
- Broadband Transmission Technology: Ethernet
- Wireless LAN Standard: IEEE 802.11ac
- ISM Band: Yes
- UNII Band: Yes
- ISM Maximum Frequency: 2.40 GHz
- UNII Maximum Frequency: 5 GHz
- Total Number of Antennas: 8
- Number of Internal Antennas: 4
- Number of External Antennas: 4
- Wireless Transmission Speed: 5300 Mbit/s
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 6
- USB: Yes
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: No
- Number of Broadband (RJ-45) Ports: 1
Network & Communication
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- VPN Supported: Yes
- Nighthawk X8 Smart WiFi Router
- Ethernet Cable
- Quick Install Guide
- Power Adapter
- Height: 2.4"
- Width: 12.4"
- Depth: 10.4"
- Unit: 3.7 lbs
- Shipping: 4 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor