JL Audio 4 Channel Class D Full Range Mobile Amplifier - RD400/4
Utilizing our exclusive NexD™ high-speed switching technologies, the ultra-compact RD400/4 amplifier is engineered to deliver loads of audio output power, with incredible efficiency and low distortion. Don't let its modern styling and small size fool you though, this little powerhouse churns out 100 watts of crystal-clear audio from each of its four channels into 2 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD) and is fully bridgeable, so it can be used as a 3-channel amplifier, or as a 2-channel amplifier producing a whopping 200W x 2 into 4 ohms.
For your convenience, the RD400/4's controls can be found on top of the amplifier, beneath a protective cover, with all connections located along one side of its chassis. Studio-grade signal processing features include high or low-pass 12 dB / octave filters (defeatable) for each channel pair, with continuously variable frequency selection from 50-500 Hz, and dual-range, differential-balance inputs capable of accepting most input voltage levels. Automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC-offset sensing) is standard equipment, along with all-new input type switches for bridging of stereo output channels without needing to use Y-adaptors.
Onboard LED-clipping indicators are also included with your RD400/4. This all-new, innovative feature lets you easily set your amplifier's input sensitivity settings, quickly and accurately, with no special equipment needed. You'll also find a set preamp outputs on-hand, so you can pass signals to another amplifier, almost effortlessly. The RD400/4 features a durable, black powder-coated finish and a top-mounted LED light strip that reports the overall status and condition.
- Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4 V:
- @ 4 Ω 75 W RMS x 4
- @ 2 Ω 100 W RMS x 4 Bridged
- @ 4Ω 200 W RMS x 2
- Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5 V:
- @ 4 Ω 60 W RMS x 4
- @ 2 Ω 90 W RMS x 4 Bridged
- @ 4Ω 180 W RMS x 2
- Frequency Response: 12 Hz - 22 kHz (+0, -1dB)
- S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power: >104 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W: >84 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Damping Factor @ 4 Ω: >150 / 50 Hz
- Damping Factor @ 2 Ω: >75 / 50 Hz
- THD+N @ Rated Power: <1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.
- Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs: Switchable from 200 mV - 2 V RMS (Low) to 800 mV - 8 V RMS (High)
- Min.Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge: 4 AWG wire
- Fuse Rating: 40 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™)
- Filter Mode(s): Low-Pass or High-Pass
- Filter Slope(s): 12 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency Range: 50 Hz - 500 Hz
- Detented, Calibrated Filter Freq. Potentiometers: Yes
- Filter Defeat Function: Yes
- Remote Level Control: Optional (RBC-1)
- Remote Level Modes: 2 or All channels
- Channel Input Mode Switch: Yes (2/4 ch.)
- Pass-Through Preamp Output: Buffered
- Source Channel Selection for PreOuts: Yes
- Height: 2.13"
- Width: 9.78"
- Depth: 6.96"
- Unit: 4.8 lbs
- Shipping: 7 lbs