JL Audio Monoblock Class D Subwoofer Mobile Amplifier - RD500/1
Born to produce a whopping 500 watts into 2 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD), the RD500/1 amplifier was engineered to generate tons of pure subwoofer bliss from a sleek, ultra-compact chassis. The secret behind its power proficiency is our proprietary NexD™ switching technology, which delivers large amounts of power output with precise efficiency and ultra-low distortion.
For your convenience, the RD500/1’s controls are located on top of the amplifier, beneath a protective cover, with all connections found along one side of its chassis. Signal processing features include a 12 dB / octave low-pass filter, with continuously variable frequency selection from 50-500 Hz, and a variable bass boost EQ. Dual-range, differential-balance inputs are also on-hand, capable of accepting most input voltage levels. Automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC-offset sensing) is standard, along with a set preamp outputs so you can easily pass signals to another amplifier.
The RD500/1 is also equipped with an onboard LED-clipping indicator. This all-new, innovative feature lets you easily set your amplifier’s input sensitivity setting, quickly and accurately, with no special equipment needed. The RD500/1 features a durable, black powder-coated finish and a top-mounted LED light strip that reports the overall status and condition. With the addition of an RBC-1 remote level control (sold separately), you can control the subwoofer output directly from the driver’s seat.
- NexD™ Switching Technology
NexD™ amplifier technologies produce exceptional audio quality, unsurpassed total efficiency and high power from very compact amplifier designs.
- Differential-Balanced Inputs
JL Audio’s Differential-Balanced Inputs are engineered to combat induced cable noise, which is a common problem in car and marine audio installations. This technology allows for the use of conventional RCA cables, while delivering many of the benefits of a true balanced connection and accepting a wide range of input signal levels.
- Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4 V:
- @ 4 Ω 250 W RMS x 1
- @ 3 Ω 350 W RMS x 1
- @ 2 Ω 500 W RMS x 1
- @ 1.5 Ω N/A
- Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5 V:
- @ 4 Ω 225 W RMS x 1
- @ 3 Ω 300 W RMS x 1
- @ 2 Ω 400 W RMS x 1
- @ 1.5 Ω N/A
- Frequency Response: 7 Hz - 500 Hz (+0, -1dB)
- S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power: >80 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W: >60 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Damping Factor @ 4 Ω: >1000 / 50 Hz
- Damping Factor @ 2 Ω: >500 / 50 Hz
- THD+N @ Rated Power: <1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.
- Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs: Switchable from 200 mV - 2 V RMS (Low) to 800 mV - 8 V RMS (High)
- Min.Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge: 4 AWG wire
- Fuse Rating: 50 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™)
- Filter Mode(s): Low-Pass only
- Filter Slope(s): 12 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency Range: 50 Hz - 500 Hz
- Detented, Calibrated Filter Freq. Potentiometers: Yes
- Filter Defeat Function: Yes
- Infrasonic Filter: 30 Hz, defeatable
- Bass Boost EQ: No
- Output Polarity Switch: No
- Remote Subwoofer Level Control: Optional (RBC-1)
- Remote Bass EQ Boost Control: No
- Pass-Through Preamp Output: Buffered
- Height: 2.13"
- Width: 9.78"
- Depth: 6.96"
- Unit: 4.8 lbs
- Shipping: 7 lbs