JL Audio 500 W 4 Channel Class D Full-Range Amplifier - MX500/4
4-Channel Class D Full-Range Amplifier, 125 W x 4 @ 2 Ω / 90 W x 4 @ 4 Ω - 14.4V
Engineered specifically for powersports applications, the 4-channel MX500/4 amplifier employs our high-speed NexD™ switching design to deliver plenty of clean power, without straining charging systems. Its tiny, cast aluminum chassis is highly resistant to corrosion, with an IPX6 water-resistance rating, making it perfect for motorcycles, ATV’s or other utility vehicles.
Generating a solid 90W x 4 into 4 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD), the MX500/4 is fully bridgeable, so it can be used as a 3-channel amplifier, or as a 2-channel amplifier producing a potent 180W x 2 into 4 ohms.
Other features include independent front and rear crossovers with selectable full-range, high-pass or low-pass filter controls and a dual-range input section that accepts a wide range of input voltage levels, from line-level all the way to high-power speaker level signals.
This amplifier features a black powder-coated finish, a gasketed cover for the controls and stainless steel hardware for durability.
- Description: 4-Channel Class D Full-Range Amplifier, 125 W x 4 @ 2 Ω / 90 W x 4 @ 4 Ω - 14.4V
- Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4 V
- @ 4 Ω: 70 W RMS x 4
- @ 2 Ω: 125 W RMS x 4
- @ 4Ω: 250 W RMS x 2
- Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5 V
@ 4 Ω: 55 W RMS x 4
- @ 2 Ω: 90 W RMS x 4
- @ 4 Ω: 180 W RMS x 2
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+0, -1dB)
- S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power: >88 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W: >70.5 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Damping Factor @ 4 Ω: >92 / 50 Hz
- Damping Factor @ 2 Ω: >43 / 50 Hz
- THD+N @ Rated Power: <1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.
- Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs: Switchable from 250 mV - 4 V RMS (Low) to 750 mV - 15 V RMS (High)
- Min.Copper Power / Ground: Wire Gauge 4 AWG wire
- Fuse Rating: 50 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™)
- Signal Processing
- Filter Mode(s): Low-Pass or High-Pass
- Filter Slope(s): 12 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency Range: 35 Hz - 300 Hz
- Detented, Calibrated Filter Freq. Potentiometers: Yes
- Filter Defeat Function: Yes
- Remote Level Control: No
- Remote Level Modes: N/A
- Channel Input Mode Switch: Yes (2/3/4 ch.)
- Pass-Through Preamp Output: None
- Source Channel Selection for PreOuts: N/A
- Height: 1.77"
- Width: 9.33"
- Depth: 4.50"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts and Labor