Breville The Dual Boiler Black Sesame Espresso Maker - BES920BSXL
Commercial features and performance, in a domestic foot print
Espresso perfection requires precision temperature and pressure control, consistently, every time. At the heart of this machine is its dual stainless steel boiler heating system. The espresso boiler, for the espresso shot, is PID temperature controlled, while a separate steam boiler offers instant and powerful steam on demand. So you can extract your shot at the right temperature, delivering optimal flavor, while simultaneously steaming your milk to cafe quality. What's more, there is another element in the group head, ensuring the entire system maintains a consistent temperature.
The Dual Boiler™ also features an Over Pressure Valve (OPV) which limits the maximum pressure throughout the extraction, preventing bitter flavors in the shot. It also offers a true low pressure pre-infusion, which gradually increases the pressure to gently expand the grinds for an even extraction.
But there's much more to this machine for the coffee geek. Brew temperature and pre-infusion pressure and duration are all programmable. At the same time we've kept it simple with user-friendly features. An optional Auto Start setting preheats the machine at a programmed time; a top-fill 84 oz. (2.5L) water tank ensures easy access; and the dedicated hot water outlet makes it faster to preheat cups and prepare an Americano. There is also a shot clock and pressure gauge to help you improve your barista skills over time.
The new Dual Boiler™ now includes a descaling function for cleaning at home, a Razor Dosing Tool for precision dosing and consistent extraction, plus a 2 year limited warranty.
All you'll need are some freshly ground beans and a bit of practice to rival the best cafe.
- Pump Pressure: Over Pressure Valve (OPV) limits maximum extraction pressure
- Espresso shot clock displays shot duration as a guide to extraction consistency
- Programmable 'Auto Start' preheats the machine at a specified time
- Heating System:
- Patent Pending Triple Heat System:
- Dedicated steam boiler with integrated Heat Exchanger aids thermal stability
- Dedicated espresso boiler with electronic PID delivers precise water temperature
- Heated group head – PID controlled embedded element maintains thermal stability
- Purge Function: Not required with a Dual Boiler system
- Pre Infusion Function:
- Gradually increases water pressure to gently expand grinds for an even extraction
- Programmable duration & power allows you to fine tune flavor profiles
- Included Grouphead Filters: 58mm single and dual wall filters. Both in single and double shot sizes.
- Water Tank Capacity: Removable 84 oz. (2.5L), top-fill or rear-fill with integrated water filter
- Onboard Storage: Houses accessories (filter baskets and cleaning tools) when not in use
- Additional Features:
- Dual stainless steel boilers & dual Italian pumps. Boilers can be descaled by user
- Programmable shot temperature from 190°-205°F. Displays in either °F or °C
- Shot control defaults to duration to control espresso volume but can be changed to volumetric (both reprogrammable)
- Espresso pressure gauge monitors extraction pressure
- Backlit LCD displays extraction temperature, shot clock or clock
- Dedicated hot water outlet for Americanos & preheating cups
- 360° swivel steam wand with 3 hole tip '
- Fill Tank' alert prevents a shot from being pulled without sufficient water in the tank
- Removable drip tray with Empty Me! tray full indicator
- Drop Down Swivel Foot lifts machine upwards for easy maneuverability
- Heated cup warming tray
- BPA Free - all parts that come into contact with coffee & water
- Construction: Stainless Steel
- Voltage: 110 - 120 Volts
- Wattage: 1700 Watts
- Included Accessories:
- 58mm Razor Dosing Tool
- 58mm full stainless steel portafilter
- 58mm single wall filter baskets (1 & 2 cup)
- 58mm dual wall filter baskets (1 & 2 cup)
- Integrated tamper
- 16 oz. (480ml) stainless steel milk jug
- Water hardness test strip
- Cleaning kit
- Water filter holder and water filter
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Years Parts and Labor