Hertz H8 DSP Digital Interface Processor - H8-DSP
Hertz H8 DSP car audio processor is capable of interfacing with any analog and/or digital source, transforming ordinary “audio” into a high-performance integrated system. The simple and intuitive computer software ensures a wide array of adjustments to improve the acoustic response of a complex environment like the car compartment. It provides 7 signal inputs with a variety of connection options: four high-level inputs, also accepting low-level pre-amplified signals; a stereo auxiliary input and an optical digital input accepting signals at a sample rate up to 96/24 bit. The optical digital input (selectable through the DRC HE remote control and from the “Optical / AUX select” terminal) nullifies interferences and signal deteriorations also by-passing the analog signals A/D conversion stages. Thanks to the configuration Wizard provided by the software during the set-up, the H8 DSP can automatically sum up multiple filtered channels (for instance, woofer plus tweeter), “flatten” the OEM source equalized response curve and reconstruct a centre, rear and/or subwoofer channel with a simple stereo input. By reading the test track on the CD provided, the H8 DSP recreates a full-bandwidth signal, with a flat frequency response and released after processing for an outstanding sound quality. The H8 DSP features 8 PRE OUT analog outputs each of them including: a 31 band equalizer, a 66 step electronic crossover, Linkwitz- Riley or Butterworth filters with selectable 6 – 24 dB adjustable slopes and digital time delay functions.
Developed according to specific ergonomics criteria required by the Car Audio industry, the PC software facilitates direct access to all the available functions for the signal treatment, providing immediate results, as well as extreme operational accuracy. Setting the parameters of each input single channel, adjusting the delays according to the listening position, tuning the crossovers and equalizers for each output channel; these are just some of the operations that can be managed by the PC software based on Windows platform (XP, Vista, 7,8, 10) to be used in Standard or Expert mode.
- Audio DSP And Converters
- 32 bit Cirrus Logic (Clock speed: 147 MHz) Digital Signal Processing chip and A/D D/A converters working in PCM at 48 kHz with 24 bit resolution. The processor speed allows the user to hear and verify in real time the changes applied during the tuning.
- Audio Inputs
- 4 independent high-level channels with automatic summing capability.
- 1 analog low-level stereo auxiliary input.
- 1 optical digital input.
- Audio Outputs
- 8 independent analog PRE channels featuring adjustable level.
- Control Connections
- 1 USB /B (2.0) connector for PC connection.
- Optical In / Aux Wire control +12V/GND.
- Wire control Memory A/B.
- 1 Connector for DRC HE.
- Guided procedure which, thanks to a wide range of default settings, provides the ability to assign each component to the H8 DSP connections and automatically coordinate their functions.
- Turn-On Controls
- ART™, Automatic Remote Turn on/off, selectable from Hi-Level Front L.
- The ART™ function can be enabled through an external switch, the Remote IN, the vehicle ignition key with memory function, the DRC HE (optional).
- In/Out Volume
- Manual input sensitivity adjustment for the Master Hi-Level inputs (with supplied Test CD).
- Manual input sensitivity adjustment for auxiliary inputs.
- Independent level control for each output channel for system fine tuning (-40 ÷ 0 dB).
- Automatic de-equalization of the high-level inputs signal (with supplied Test CD) if necessary. It can also be performed without the PC.
- 31-band graphic equalizer (1/3 Oct.; ±12dB) for each analog and digital output channel.
- Crossover Filter
- Filter typology: Hi-pass, Lo-pass, Full Range or Band-pass with independent selectable cut-off slope.
- Cut-off frequency: 70 steps available from 20 Hz to 20 kHz.
- Cut-off slope: 6 to 24 dB/Oct.
- Filter alignment: Linkwitz or Butterworth.
- Mute function: selectable for each output (on/off).
- Phase: selectable for each output (0°/180°).
- Signal Channels Reconstruction
- It can reconstruct a stereo output signal from a multi-channel input signal.
- In addition it can also reconstruct rear, centre and subwoofer output channels from a stereo input.
- Time Alignment
- Guided procedure for the speaker distance data entry with an automated calculation (distance to time) for each channel accurate time delays. “Fine-tuning” can also be manually applied (0.02 ms fine set).
- Remote Control
- Master Volume, Subwoofer Volume, Balance and Fader controls, Input selection, Memory selection.
- 2 presets separately managed and recalled via DRC HE and wire control.
- PC Software
- Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista and 7,8,10) based software with “Standard” and “Expert” operating modes; screen resolution: 1024 x 600 px min.
- Operating power supply voltage: 10.8 ÷ 14.4 VDC
- Power supply: 7.5 ÷ 15 VDC
- Idling current: 0,4 A
- Switched off without DRC: 2,5 mA
- Switched off with DRC: 4 mA
- Remote IN voltage: 6,5 ÷ 15 VDC (1,3 mA)
- Remote OUT voltage: 12 VDC (130 mA)
- Distortion - THD @ 1 kHz, 1V RMS Output: 0,005%
- Bandwith @ -3 dB: 10 ÷ 22k Hz
- S/N Ratio @ A weighted:
- Digital input 105 dBA
- Master Input 95 dBA
- AUX Input 96 dBA
- Channel Separation @ 1 kHz: 85 dB
- Input sensitivity (Speaker In): 2 ÷ 15 V RMS
- Input sensitivity (AUX In): 0,6 ÷ 5 V RMS
- Input impedance (Speaker In): 2,2 kΩ
- Input impedance (AUX): 15 kΩ
- Max Output Level (RMS) @ 0.1% THD: 4 V RMS
- High Level (Speaker): FL - FR - RL - RR
- Low Level (Pre): AUX IN
- Digital Optical IN (S/PDIF max 96 kHz/24bit): OPTICAL IN
- Low Level Pre (default): FRONT TW L/R, FRONT WF L/R REAR L/R, SUB, CENTER
- From / To Personal Computer: 1 x USB / B
- DRC HE: Audio controls and Memory / Inputs selection
- Optical / AUX select: Optical In / Aux wire control + 12V / GND enable
- Memory A / Memory B: Memory A / B wire control + 12V / GND enable
Crossover N.8 (one for each output channel)
- Filter Type: Full / High Pass / Low Pass / Band Pass
- Filter mode and slope:
- Linkwitz @ 12 / 24 dB
- Butterworth @ 6 / 12 / 18 / 24 dB
- Crossover frequency: 68 steps @ 20 ÷ 20k Hz
- Phase control: 0° ÷ 180°
- On Hi-Levels input (Speaker In): Automatic De-Equalization On
- Outputs: N.8 Graphic: ±12 dB @ 31 Band ISO 1/3 Oct. 20 ÷ 20k Hz
- Distance: 0 ÷ 510 cm / 0 ÷ 200.8 inch
- Delay: 0 ÷ 15 ms
- Step: 0.08 ms; 2,8 cm / 1.1 inch
- Fine set: 0.02 ms; 0,7 cm / 0.27 inch
- PC connections: USB 1.1 / 2.0 / 3.0 Compatible
- Software/PC requirements: Microsoft Windows (32/64 bit): XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Graphic card min. resolution: 800 x 600
- Ambient operating temperature range: 0 °C to 55 °C (32°F to 131°F)
- Width: 7.51"
- Height: 1.33"
- Depth: 4.76"
- Unit: 1.32 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs