Le Creuset 2 Quart Cerise Heritage Tart Tatin Dish - L2129-2567
Legend has it that this beloved dessert originated in the kitchen of the Tatin sisters, who operated a hotel in the French town of Lamotte-Beuvron. While making a pie for guests, one sister mistakenly placed the prepared apples in the dish first. She decided to lay the pastry crust on top, and turn it out after it finished baking. The result was unusual, but delicious, and it became the signature dish of Hotel Tatin. Named for this famous French upside-down apple tart, the enameled cast iron Tart Tatin is a capable alternative for a variety of recipes like pizza and quiche when used in place of a conventional pie dish.
- Inverted handles for flipping the dish to release contents
- Shallow design for baking traditional pastries, pies and quiches
- Even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Durable, nonreactive sand-colored interior enamel
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel that resists chipping and cracking
- Capacity: 2 Quart
- Servings: 2-3
- Cleaning: Dishwasher Safe
- Country Of Origin: France
- Heat Source: Gas, Electric, Ceramic, Halogen, Induction, Oven, Outdoor Grill
- Material: Cast Iron
- Height: 2"
- Width: 12"
- Diameter: 9-3/4"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Lifetime Warranty