Sony RX100 V 20.1 Megapixel Black Digital Compact Camera - DSC-RX100M5
Take a powerful camera with you virtually anywhere with this Sony RX100 V compact digital camera. It incorporates a 20.1-megapixel Exmor sensor that's large enough to handle advanced imaging and combines with the BIONZ X digital image processor to create vivid colors and contrast. In addition, the integrated 24-70mm lens incorporates bright optics that ensure light gets to the sensor rapidly for quick responses and impactful photos. Super-fast autofocus from this lightweight Sony camera hones in on your subject for impressive results during sports events or when taking photos of wildlife.
When you want to shoot video of your vacation or set up a scene, this Sony compact camera has a 4K movie mode, which allows you to take extremely detailed videos and take full advantage of the larger sensor to enjoy relatively shallow depth of field to make subject stand out. A retractable electronic viewfinder lets you preview stills and video when needed, and then it goes back into the camera when it's not. The ultraquiet shutter in this Sony RX100 V compact digital camera reduces noise substantially when selected for near-silent shooting.
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* lens for rich depiction
Large-diameter ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* 24-70 mm15 F1.8-2.8 lens allows wide-angle shooting out to 24 mm. Maximum aperture of F2.8 brightness at the telephoto end enables shooting images without camera shake and subject motion blur and capturing photos (such as portraits) with beautiful background bokeh. ZEISS® T* Coating reduces ghost and flare.
- Exmor RS® CMOS sensor for speed
The newly developed 20.1 effective MP 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip enables up to 960fps16 super slow motion shooting17 and super high-speed Anti-Distortion Shutter up to 1/32000 sec. that are too fast for human eyes to perceive. Moreover, 315-point focal plane phase detection AF provides for extraordinarily precise autofocusing and tracking performance.
- BIONZ X™ for superior detail and texture
As the engine that powers the conversion of light captured by an image sensor into digital images, the BIONZ X™ image processing engine is as essential to the RX100 V as its lens and sensor. High-speed BIONZ X™ enables this camera to shoot photos and movies with truer, more natural details, richer tonal gradations and lower noise.
- Smooth-tracking continuous shooting up to 24fps20
The RX100 V can perform high-speed continuous shooting at higher than 20 MP resolution and up to 24fps20 with AF/AE tracking. In addition, the camera reduces blackout on the electronic viewfinder and LCD screen, and this reduction makes for smoother monitoring of moving subjects and easier shooting of fleeting moments.
- Autofocus in just 0.05 sec.19
Combining the superior speed of phase-detection AF and the outstanding accuracy of contrast-detection AF, the Fast Hybrid AF system featured for the first time in an RX100 series camera focuses in just 0.05 sec.19 in order to track and capture subjects precisely at the climactic moments you’re aiming for.
- Dense, widespread 315-AF-point coverage
The world’s most18 focal-plane phase-detection AF points (315) cover approx. 65% of the entire image area of the newly developed image sensor. This makes AF coverage widespread and dense enough to quickly capture subjects, such as small or fast-moving ones that are otherwise difficult to focus on, throughout the image area.
- 1/32000 s Anti-Distortion Shutter
Up to 1/32000 s Anti-Distortion Shutter works to minimize image distortion caused by the rolling shutter phenomenon. The extraordinarily fast shutter speed also allows you to produce photos with background defocusing using a large aperture setting even under extremely bright conditions at a maximum of EV1921.
- Silent shooting for sensitive situations
You can mute the camera’s shutter sound by making the following camera settings: "Shutter type: Electronic" and "Audio signals: Off". This way, you can shoot quiet scenes and noise-sensitive subjects in silence, even during continuous shooting.
- AF-A mode automatically switches focus mode
In AF-A mode, the camera automatically switches between AF-S mode (Single AF: locks focus while the shutter button is pressed halfway) and AF-C mode (Continuous AF: keeps focusing on subjects while the shutter button is pressed halfway), according to such changes as sudden subject movement and brightness as detected throughout the shooting frame.
- Photo Capture creates clear stills from movies
Photo Capture function lets you select a moment from a 4K movie in playback and save it in the form of a highly detailed still image file of over 8 megapixels. Likewise, you can create a 2-megapixel still image file from a Full HD movie that has been recorded.
- Introducing Fast Hybrid AF for movies to the RX100 series
Fast Hybrid AF keeps images sharp and clear during the shooting of high-resolution 4K movies22 23, thanks to the system’s focal plane phase-detection AF sensor that enables accurate focusing and tracking performance.
- Brilliant 4K movies
In shooting 4K22 23 (QFHD resolution: 3840 x 2160) movies with full pixel readout without pixel binning, the camera collects approx. 1.7 times as much information as is required for basic 4K movie output. This oversampling effect results in images of outstanding resolution with reduced moiré and jaggies.
- Up to double-length24 960fps16 super slow motion17
Using the mode dial to select HFR, it’s easy to create super slow motion movies17 containing split-second moments of action. Choose shooting frame rates of 960/1000fps, 480/500fps, or 240/250fps (NTSC/PAL)25, depending on speed of a moving subject. Image quality is nearly Full HD at 240/250fps, and HD at 480/500fps in Quality Priority mode. The end trigger mode also enables you to record 4 or 6 seconds before the MOVIE button is pressed, letting you capture the decisive moment.
- Control ring for advanced photography
Convenient lens-mounted control ring allows you to operate pro-style manual control such as selecting shutter speed, aperture, and more for added creative command — another feature making this camera an ideal choice for serious photographers.
- Bright XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ shows what you aim for
The retractable Tru-Finder™ electronic viewfinder’s sharp resolution equivalent to 2359k dots, bright self-illumination and high contrast are excellent for previewing shots and adjusting settings accordingly. EVF eyepiece optics are treated with ZEISS® T* Coating to reduce unwanted reflections and ensure corner-to-corner visibility.
- Shoot almost anywhere with wide ISO sensitivity
Sensitivity extends right up to ISO 12800, for crisper images in extremely low light. Let Auto ISO mode determine the most appropriate setting automatically, or manually expand sensitivity as low as ISO 80. The camera also allows you to set up lower-limit shutter speed at time of Auto ISO setting.
- Custom button creative convenience
The custom (C) button allows you to program one of over 40 possible functions to best adapt the camera's capabilities to your shooting style. By assigning a frequently used function or a preferred setting to this button, you can call it up promptly. You'll gain handy fingertip access to your selection — for faster, more intuitive camera operation.
- 180 ° tiltable LCD screen for flexible composition
High-resolution 3.0-type screen with tilt capability is perfect for taking selfies and framing of otherwise impossible overhead or low-angle shots. You can use it in high/low shooting positions for greater flexibility in capturing creative compositions.
- MF Assist and Peaking functions for focus refinement
These features help you fine-tune the focus as you desire. Manual Focus (MF) Assist magnifies the area you are focusing on to enable more precise adjustment, while Peaking highlights the sharpest or most in-focus area with your choice of color to help determine whether further focusing adjustment is required.
- Bright Monitoring
This function that boosts image brightness, for example, can be assigned to a customizable button for easy access when shooting a starry sky or other dark scene.
- Dual Rec26 still shooting during movie recording
Shoot still images of 17MP27 while recording a movie. The camera enables you to capture impressive high-quality stills even in movie-shooting. Auto Dual Rec release function lets the camera automatically take photos during movie recording. Select frequency of Auto Dual Rec release from high/standard/low settings.
- Choose pro-quality XAVC S23 or AVCHD movie format
Especially for serious videographers, XAVC S format23 provides low compression for high-quality movie expression and minimal noise even in scenes full of movement. You also have AVCHD format for easy editing and sharing. This camera uses 4K codec supporting 4K22 23 movie recording at up to 100 Mbps and additionally enables Full HD image recording.
- Lock-on AF for enhanced photo opportunities
Simply press the shutter button halfway to activate Lock-on AF28 . It automatically adjusts the AF target frame size to match the subject size, improves tracking performance, and helps you take full advantage of every photo opportunity.
- Eye AF in AF-C mode
Eye AF is now available in AF-C mode in this camera. This means it automatically focuses on and even tracks focus on a subject’s eye as the face moves, extending your freedom to frame a shot.
- One-touch remote/ One-touch sharing
With one-touch remote, a smartphone or tablet functions as a viewfinder/remote control. One-touch sharing transfers photos/videos to the device. Just install a PlayMemories Mobile™ app via Wi-Fi® to an NFC-enabled Android device, then touch the device to the camera to connect them. QR code compatibility allows connection with non-NFC smartphones.
- Diverse movie functions supporting pro-style usage
Various available movie functions include Picture Profile (that determines the character of movies by changing basic parameters like chromogenic effects and gradation adjustment), S-Log2 gamma (that extends the dynamic range of recording to reduce occurrence of blown-out highlights and black crush), TC/UB, Rec Control, Dual Video Recording, etc.
- File Name Setting
The camera lets you change the first three characters of any file name from "DSC" (by default) to three characters of your choice. This simplifies file management and is especially valuable when working with multiple cameras for various assignments.
- Supported in Capture One Express (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is one of the world’s best RAW converters for rendering color and detail with incredible precision. The product contains flexible digital asset management, all essential adjustment tools and fast, responsive performance in one customizable integrated solution. Note: Please direct all inquiries on purchase, usage, and support on Capture One solutions to Phase One.
- PlayMemories Camera Apps™
Sony’s application download service lets you add new functions and capabilities to your camera. There are apps for photo and movie effects to enhance and express your creativity, and others to allow your smartphone to function as a camera’s remote control, for example. 29
- Sensor Type: 1.0"-type (0.52" x 0.35") Exmor RS® CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Number Of Pixels (Effective): Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Number of pixels (total): Approx. 21.0 Megapixels
- Lens Type: ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* Lens, 10 elements in 9 groups (9 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- F-Number (Maximum Aperture): F1.8 (W) -2.8 (T)
- ND Filter: Auto/On (3 steps)/Off
- Focal Length (F=): f=8.8-25.7 mm, Still Image 3:2 f=24-70 mm, Still Image 4:3 f=25-73 mm, Still Image 16:9 f=26-76 mm, Still Image 1:1 f=30.5-89 mm
- Focus Range (From The Front Of The Lens): iAuto: AF (W: Approx. 0.17 ft (5 cm) to Infinity, T: Approx. 0.99 ft (30 cm) to Infinity) / Program Auto: AF (W: Approx. 0.17 ft (5 cm) to Infinity, T: Approx. 0.99 ft (30 cm) to Infinity)
- Optical Zoom: 2.9x (Optical Zoom during movie recording)
- Clear Image Zoom (Still Image): 20 M Approx. 5.8x / 10 M Approx. 8.2x / 5.0 M Approx. 11x / VGA Approx. 44x1
- Clear Image Zoom (Movie): Approx. 5.8x1
- Digital Zoom (Still Image): 20 M Approx.11x / 10 M Approx.16x / 5.0 M Approx.23x / VGA Approx.44x1
- Digital Zoom (Movie): Digital Zoom Approx.111
- Screen Type: 2.95 in (3.0type) (4:3) / 1,228,800 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps) / Sunny Weather
- Adjustable Angle: Up by approx. 180 degrees, down by approx. 45 degrees
- Display Selector (Finder/LCD): Auto / EVF (Manual) / Monitor (Manual)
- MS Assist Magnification: 5.3x, 10.7x
- Screen Type/Number Of Dots: 0.39-type electronic viewfinder (OLED), 2,359,296 dots
- Field Coverage: 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.59x with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1m(diopter) (35 mm equiv.)
- Eye Point: Approx.20 mm from the eyepiece, 19.2 mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1 (diopter) (CIPA standard)
- Diopter Adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- Image Processing Engine: Yes (BIONZ X)
- Steadyshot: SteadyShot: Optical, Optical SteadyShot Active Mode (for Movie):Yes (Intelligent Active Mode, Optical type with electronic compensation, Anti Rolling type)
- Focus Mode: Single-shot AF, Automatic AF, Continuous AF, DMF, Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Wide (315 points (phase-detection AF) , 25 points (contrast-detection AF) ), Center, Flexible Spot (S / M / L), Expanded Flexible Spot, Lock on AF (Wide / Center / Flexible Spot (S / M / L) / Expanded Flexible Spot)
- Lock On AF: Yes
- Light Metering Mode: Multi Pattern, Center Weighted, Spot
- Exposure Compensation: + / - 3.0EV, 1 / 3EV step
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)(Recommended Exposure Index): Auto(ISO 125-12800, selectable with upper / lower limit),125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO80/100),Multi-Frame NR: Auto(ISO 125-12800), 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/256002
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie): Auto: (ISO 125-ISO 12800, selectable with upper / lower limit) , 125 / 160 / 200 / 250 / 320 / 400 / 500 / 640 / 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1600 / 2000 / 2500 / 3200 / 4000 / 5000 / 6400 / 8000 / 10000 / 12800
- Minimum Illumination (Movie): Auto: 1.2 lux (Shutter Speed 1 / 30")
- White Balance Modes: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluor.: Warm White, Fluor.: Cool White, Fluor.: Day White, Fluor.: Daylight, Flash, C.Temp. / Filter, Custom
- WB Micro Adjustment: YesG7 to M7,57-stepA7 to B7,29-step
- Shutter Speed: iAuto (4" - 1/2000) / Program Auto (30" - 1/2000) / Manual (Bulb, 30" - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (30" - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30" - 1/2000)3
- Electronic Shutter: iAuto (4" - 1 / 32000) / Program Auto (30" - 1 / 32000) / Manual (30" - 1 / 32000) / Aperture Priority (30" - 1 / 32000) / Shutter Priority (30" - 1 / 32000)
- Aperture: iAuto (F1.8 / F11 (W) ) / Program Auto (F1.8 / F11 (W) ) / Manual (F1.8 / F11 (W) ) / Shutter Priority (F1.8 / F11 (W) ) / Aperture Priority (F1.8 / F11 (W) )
- Image Control: Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Color Space (sRGB / Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW / RAW&JPEG / Extra fine / Fine / standard)
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On / Off, available of shutter speeds longer than 1 / 3 s , high ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off, Multiframe NR: Auto, ISO 200-25600
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto / Level 1-5) , Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0-6.0EV, 1.0EV step) )
- Shooting Mode: AUTO (Intelligent Auto / Superior Auto), Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR (Memory Recall) 1, 2, 3, M1, M2, M3, M4, movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), HFR Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Scene Selection: Portrait, sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur, Pet Mode, Gourmet, Fireworks, High Sensitivity
- Continuous Shooting Speed (Maximum) (With Max. Recording Pixels): Continuous Shooting Hi: approx. 24fps, Continuous Shooting Mid: approx. 10fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 3.5fps 45
- Self-Timer: 10 s / 5 s / 2 s / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable / Bracketing shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable
- Drive Modes: Single, Continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (cont.) , Cont.-bracketing6, Single-bracketing6, White balance bracketing6, DRO bracketing6
- Panorama (Shooting): Sweep Panorama
- Picture Effect: Still Image: Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial, Color, High, Contrast, Mono., Soft, Focus, HDR, Painting, Richtone, Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration, Movie: Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono.
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
- Picture Profile: off / PP1-PP7 (Black Level, Gamma (movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2) , Black Gamma, Knee, color Mode, color Level, color Phase, color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- Auto Image Rotation: Yes
- Focus Type: Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF / contrast-detection AF)
- Metering Mode: Multi Pattern, Center Weighted, Spot
- Number Of Recognized Scenes: Still Image: Superior Auto: 44 / iAuto: 33, Movie: 44
- Flash Mode: Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off Flash Type: Built-in, manual pop-up
- AF Illuminator: Auto / Off
- Bracketing: Yes
- Flash Range: ISO Auto: Approx. 1.31 ft to 33.46 ft (0.4 m to 10.2 m) (W) / Approx. 1.31 ft to 21.33 ft (0.4 m to 6.5 m) (T), ISO 12800: up to Approx. 66.93 ft (20.4 m) (W) / Approx. 42.65 ft (13.0 m) (T)
- Compatible Recording Media: Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed), Memory Stick PROHG Duo, Memory Stick Micro7, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2)7, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card (UHS-I), SDXC Memory Card (UHS-I), microSD Memory Card7, microSDHC Memory Card7, microSDXC Memory Card78
- Recording Format: Still Image: JPEG(DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.31,MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format), Movie: XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible, MP4
- Recording Format (Movie Audio): XAVCS: LP cm 2ch, AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch (Dolby Digital Stereo Creator) , MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Color Space (Still): sRGB, Adobe® RGB
- DCF/DPOF: DCF/DPOF/EXIF/MPF
- Still Image Number Of Recorded Pixels (Image Size): Image Size: 3:2mode:20 M (5,472×3,648) / 10 M (3,888×2,592) / 5 M (2,736×1,824), 4:3mode: 18 M (4,864×3,648) / 10 M (3,648×2,736) / 5 M (2,592×1,944) / VGA, 16:9mode: 17 M (5,472×3,080) / 7.5 M (3,648×2,056) / 4.2 M (2,720×1,528), 1:1mode: 13 M (3,648×3,648) / 6.5 M (2,544×2,544) / 3.7 M (1,920×1,920) ,Sweep Panorama: Wide (12,416×1,856/5,536×2,160), Standard (8,192×1,856/3,872×2,160), Image Size during Movie: 16:9mode: 17 M (5,472×3,080) / 7.5 M (3,648×2,056) / 4.2 M (2,720×1,528)
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC): NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] AVCHD: 28 M PS (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 24 M FX (1,920 x 1,080/60i) / 17 M FH (1,920 x 1,080/60i) / 24 M FX (1,920 x 1,080/24p) / 17 M FH (1,920 x 1,080/24p), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100 M (3,840 x 2,160/30p) / 30p 60 M (3,840 x 2,160/30p) / 24p 100 M (3,840 x 2,160/24p) / 24p 60 M (3,840 x 2,160/24p), XAVC S HD:60p 50 M (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 30p 50 M (1,920 x 1,080/30p) / 24p 50 M (1,920 x 1,080/24p) / 120p 100 M (1,920 x 1,080/120p) / 120p 60 M (1,920 x 1,080/120p), MP4: 28 M (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 16 M (1,920 x 1,080/30p) / 6 M (1,280 x 720/30p)
- Movie Recording Mode (PAL): NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/50i) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/50i) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/25p), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M (3,840 x 2,160/25p) / 25p 60M (3,840 x 2,160/25p), XAVC S HD:50p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 25p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 100p 100M (1,920 x 1,080/100p) / 100p 60M (1,920 x 1,080/100p), MP4: 28M (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 16M (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 6M (1,280 x 720/25p)
- HFR: RecordingNTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode XAVC S HD:50p 50 M (1,920x1,080/250fps), 50p 50 M (1,920x1,080/500fps), 50p 50 M (1,920x1,080/1000fps) / 25p 50 M (1,920x1,080/250fps), 25p 50 M (1,920x1,080/500fps), 25p 50 M (1,920x1,080/1000fps), NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode XAVC S HD:60p 50 M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 60p 50 M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 60p 5 0M (1,920x1,080/960fps) / 30p 50 M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 30p 50 M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 30p 50 M (1,920x1,080/960fps) / 24p 50 M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 24p 50 M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 24p 50 M (1,920x1,080/960fps)Sensor Readout Number of effective pixelsQuality Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,824x1,026), 480fps/500fps (1,676x566), 960fps/1000fps (1,136x384)/Shoot Time Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,676x566), 480fps/500fps (1,136x384), 960fps/1000fps (800x270)
- Still Image Number Of Recorded Pixels (Image Size) During Movie: 16: 9mode: 17 M (5,472x3,080) / 7.5 M (3,648x2,056) / 4.2 M (2,720x1,528)
- Input And Output Terminals: Multi / Micro USB Terminal, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0) , Micro HDMI9
- NFC: NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE802.11b / g / n (2.4 GHz band) )
- Interfaces: Yes
- Power Source: DC3.6 V (supplied battery) / DC5.0 V (supplied AC Adapter)
- Battery System: Rechargeable battery pack NP-BX1
- Power Consumption (Camera Mode): Approx. 2.6W with LCD monitor and approx. 3.0W with viewfinder (CIPA standard)
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply: Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Battery Life(Still Images): Monitor:Approx. 220 / Approx. 110 min., ViewFinder: Approx. 210 / Approx. 105 min.10
- Battery Life(Movies Actual Shooting): Monitor:Approx. 35 min., ViewFinder: Approx. 35min (In [MP4 28 M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4 GB)1112
- Battery Life(Movies Continuous Shooting): Monitor:Approx. 65min., ViewFinder: Approx. 65 min (In [MP4 28 M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4 GB)1311
- Playmemories Camera Apps: Yes
- Shooting Functions: Eye AF, Face Detection, Face Registration, Still Image Recording (during movie recording) , Smile shutter, Grid Line, Quick Navi, Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll), WB Bracket, DRO Bracketing, MF Assist, Peaking, Zebra, Marker Display, Micref Level, Step Zoom / Quick Zoom, Self-portrait timer, TC / UB, Photographer Name & Copyright, ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed, PC Remote Control, Gamma Disp. Assist, AF Track Sensitivity, AF Drive Speed
- Playback Functions: BRAVIA Sync (Control for HDMI), 9 / 25-frame index view, Auto Orientation, Slide Show, Forward / Rewind (movie) , Delete, Protect, Motion Shot Video, Beauty Effect
- Triluminos Color: Yes14
- 4K Image Output: Yes
- Operating Temperature: 0 degrees C. - +40 degrees C. / 32 degrees F. - 104 degrees F.
- Exif Print, PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)
In the Box:
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- AC AdapterAC-UUD12
- Micro USB cable
- Wrist Strap
- Strap adapter
- Instruction Manual
- Height: 2-3/8"
- Width: 4"
- Depth: 1-5/8"
- Optical zoom from the wide side (except RX1).
- Achieved by using overlay burst shooting.
- When ISO sensitivity is higher than IS0 3200, the slowest shutter speed limit is 1/4 sec. Manual setting of ISO sensitivity to lower than ISO 3200 is necessary to set shutter speed slower than 1/4. (except RX series models).
- Speed slows after taking some shots.
- You may not be able to shoot images in Burst mode depending on the Shooting mode.
- Self-Timer is available.
- with Adaptor (optional)
- For movies, compatible Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2), SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card or microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC card (Class 4 or faster speed is recommended) can be used.
- Supports Micro USB compatible device.
- The LCD screen is turned on, shooting once every 30 seconds, the zoom is switched alternately between the W and T ends, the flash strobes once every two times, the power turns on and off once every 10 times.
- Continuous shooting is possible for approximately 29 minutes (limited by product specifications, default setting).
- Indication recording time, which is defined by repeating the cycle: Power on, start recording, zoom (except RX1), stand-by, power off.
- Based on non-stop recording until the limit (29 minutes or 4 GB) has been reached, and then continued recording again. Shooting functions such as zoom will not be available.
- Models capable of extended-gamut recording and HDMI transmission function for both still images and movies.
- 35 mm equivalent.
- In NTSC mode. 1,000 fps in PAL mode. NTSC/PAL are switchable on the menu.
- Sound cannot be recorded. A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC memory card is required.
- Among fixed lens digital cameras with 1.0-type sensor, as of October 2016 press release, based on Sony research.
- CIPA standard, internal measurement, at f=8.8 (wide-end), EV4.7, Program Auto, AF area: Wide, Focus Mode: AF-A.
- With "Continuous shooting mode: Hi".
- Using built-in ND filter.
- Continuous recording is available for approx. 5 minutes. The duration available for shooting may change according to shooting conditions.
- A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC memory card is required to record movies in the XAVC S format. UHS-I (U3) is also required for recording at 100Mbps.
- In comparison to DSC-RX100M4. Available for approx. 7 seconds at 240 fps in Shoot Time Priority mode.
- NTSC/PAL mode is switchable through its menu.
- Dual Rec cannot be used when record setting is set as follows: RX100 V: 120p/100p (NTSC/PAL) or in 4K recording.
- Approximate megapixels.
- Available only when AF-C mode is selected. 29 Services availability depends on region.