Leica Summilux-M 50mm f /1.4 ASPH Silver Lens - 11892
Leica Camera AG has unveiled a new highspeed standard lens for the Leica M System offering maximum imaging performance: the new LEICA SUMMILUX-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH. It supersedes the predecessor lens with the same speed, which, notwithstanding a few minor modifications, had been part of our range since 1962. The aim of this new development was to create a reference lens to push the technical boundaries of photography using standard focal lengths into new dimensions. The LEICA SUMMILUX-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH. delivers virtually the same outstanding performance throughout all apertures and focus settings. Whether using selective focus at close range, high-contrast available light applications or an extended depth of field to capture landscapes, the LEICA SUMMILUX-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH. handles every situation with ease. It therefore delivers on its promise to be a genuine universal lens in impressive fashion. Every innovation currently available in lens technology – aspherical lenses, glass with anomalous partial dispersion, glass with a high refraction index and a floating element – has been combined to create a lens that sets the new standard in this focal length class.
- Angle of view (diagonal, horizontal, vertical): 47°, 40°, 27°
- Optical Design
- Number of elements / groups: 8 / 5
- Focal length: 51.6 mm
- Entrance pupil: 25.7 mm (related to the first lens surface in
- Focusing range: 0.7 m to Infinity
- Distance Setting
- Scale: combined meter/feet-increments
- Smallest object field: 271 x 407 mm
- Highest reproduction ratio: 1:11.3
- Setting / Type: Preset, with click-stops, half values available
- Smallest aperture: f/16
- Bayonet: Leica M quick-change bayonet
- Filter Size: 46mm
- Filter (type): Internal thread for screw-on filters size E46, non-rotating
- Lens hood: Built-in, telescopic, lockable
- Length: 2.06"
- Largest Diameter: 2.10"