Hertz Mille PRO 2-Way Speaker System - MPK1650.3
The MPK 1650.3 car audio speakers system is the top of the range two way system of the Mille PRO line. The system uses the 28 mm diameter MP 28.3 tweeter inheriting all the technological features of the Mille Legend ML28.3. The geometry of the Tetolon dome maximizes the typical dispersion of off-axis listening. The rear acoustic chamber with damping material contributes to extend response to lower frequencies achieving a resonance frequency of only 900 Hz. In this way the crossover point between tweeter and woofer can be lowered, improving the sound image in the car dashboard. The massive Neodymium motor minimizes nonlinearity managing the music program with very dynamic transients. The CCAW (Copper Clad Aluminium Wire) voice coil guarantees an especially light weight and stiff moving assembly. These technological elements interact with each other, resulting in a high frequency extension of 28 kHz, a record for a tweeter featuring a 28 mm voice coil. An elegant and compact angled tweeter support is provided with the system: this allows easy installation both on the A-pillars and on the car dashboard. The correct angle of the tweeter improves the stereo image, essential for an engaging listening.
- Double Neodymium magnet optimized with FEA simulations, for maximum field symmetry and exceptional transfer efficiency
- Tetolon Fiber dome optimized with FEA simulations, for excellent dynamics and angle dispersion
- Larger rear chamber, to reduce Fs down to 900Hz
- Natural fibre non-woven sound-absorption material, for better damping and more natural acoustic emission
- 3 ohm nominal impedance to exploit all the amplifier's power
- 14 mm height pure copper voice coil wound on a Polyamide former, for exceptional power handling
- 95 mm diameter magnet to maximize the control over the whole excursion
- Exponential V-cone® profile pressed-pulp cone with cotton fibers, combining stiffness and lightweight for a wide frequency response. Cone profile geometrically optimized for utmost linearity and dispersion in the mid frequency range
- "Boundary Free" rubber surround, for improved efficiency and wider mid-bass frequency
- Low mounting depth, acoustically transparent aluminium alloy basket with elegant diamond cutting and featuring the aluminium Hertz logo
- Full protection metal mesh grill featuring the aluminium Hertz logo and attractive look mineral powder coated inner grill are included for several install combinations
- "Hi-Contour" two-position control, to select the tweeter hi-pass crossover point according to the tweeter position/angle towards the listener
- Three terminals for tweeter level adjustment in 2 dB steps, to fine-tune the transducer's emission
- Extremely high quality bi-metallized 160V polyester film capacitors with ultra-low DF, for maximum sound transparency and neat mid/hi-frequencies
- Air wound inductors built on pure copper-wire with up to 1mm diameter, for low losses on the woofer section where high transient currents are demanded
- High power rating Wirewound resistors, to ensure performance stability even at high operating temperature. The Wirewound build construction grants low parasitic series inductance thus reducing losses at high frequencies, especially for resistors in series to the tweeter
- Power Handling - Peak W: 250
- Power Handling - Continuous W: 125
- Impedance Ω: 3
- Frequency response Hz: 45 ÷ 25k
- Sensitivity dB SPL: 93
- Voice coil Ø: 1"
- Woofer size: 6.5"
- Tweeter size: 1.38"
- Woofer magnet: High density flux ferrite
- Tweeter magnet: Neodymium
- Woofer cone: Pressed-pulp cone with cotton fibers
- Tweeter dome: Tetolon
- Crossover type: 2 Way Passive Crossover
- Crossover cut off: 3 kHz (Hi-Cont. = ON) , 4 kHz (Hi-Cont. = OFF)