Generac Guardian 20kW Generator - 7038
Provides essential circuit power protection for your home, ensuring the necessities remain powered during an outage. This affordable automatic standby generator offers protection for about half the cost of central air conditioning.
- True Power™ Technology
delivers best-in-class power quality with less than 5 percent total harmonic distortion for clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Generac's G-Force™ Engines
are purpose-built and pressure-lubricated , capable of handling the rigors of generator use, resulting in power that's more reliable and requires less routine maintenance.
- Generac's Evolution™ Controller
features a multilingual LCD display that allows you to monitor battery status and track maintenance intervals to ensure your generator is in top operating condition.
- Tough, Durable All-Aluminum Enclosure
with RhinoCoat™ powder-coated finish helps make corrosion-resistant aluminum perfect for all weather conditions.
- Removeable Front and Side Panels
to allow easier access for routine maintenance.
- Generac G-Force Design
Maximizes engine "breathing" for increased fuel efficiency. Plateau honed cylinder walls and plasma moly rings helps the engine run cooler, reducing oil consumption resulting in longer engine life.
- "Spiny-lok" cast iron cylinder walls
Rigid construction and added durability provide long engine life.
- Electronic ignition/spark advance
These features combine to assure smooth, quick starting every time.
- Full pressure lubrication system
Pressurized lubrication to all vital bearings means better performance, less
maintenance and longer engine life. Now featuring up to a 2 year/200 hour
oil change interval.
- Low oil pressure shutdown system
Shutdown protection prevents catastrophic engine damage due to low oil.
- High temperature shutdown
Prevents damage due to overheating.
- Revolving field
Allows for a smaller, light weight unit that operates 25% more efficiently
than a revolving armature generator.
- Skewed stator
Produces a smooth output waveform for compatibility with electronic equipment.
- Displaced phase excitation
Maximizes motor starting capability.
- Automatic voltage regulation
Regulates the output voltage to ±1% prevents damaging voltage spikes.
- UL 2200 listed
For your safety
- Fully automatic
Transfers your vital electrical loads to the energized source of power.
- NEMA 3R
Can be installed inside or outside for maximum flexibility
- Remote mounting
Mounts near your existing distribution panel for simple, low-cost installation.
- Auto/Manual/Off illuminated buttons
Selects the operating mode and provides easy, at-a-glance status indication
in any condition.
- Two-line LCD Multilingual display
Provides homeowners easily visible logs
of history, maintenance and events up to 50 occurrences.
- Sealed, raised buttons
Smooth, weather-resistant user interface for programming and operations.
- Utility voltage sensing
Constantly monitors utility voltage, setpoints 60% dropout, 80% pick-up, of
- Generator voltage sensing
Constantly monitors generator voltage to ensure the cleanest power delivered
to the home.
- Utility interrupt delay
Prevents nuisance start-ups of the engine, adjustable 2-1500 seconds from
the factory default setting of 5 seconds by a qualified dealer.
- Engine warm-up
Ensures engine is ready to assume the load, setpoint approximately 5 seconds.
- Engine cool-down
Allows engine to cool prior to shutdown, setpoint approximately 1 minute.
- Programmable exerciser
Operates engine to prevent oil seal drying and damage between power outages
by running the generator for 5 minutes every other week. Also offers a selectable setting for weekly or monthly operation providing flexibility and potentially lower fuel costs to the owner.
- Smart battery charger
Delivers charge to the battery only when needed at varying rates depending
on outdoor air temperature. Compatible with lead acid and AGM-style batteries.
- Main line circuit breaker
Protects generator from overload.
- Electronic governor
Maintains constant 60 Hz frequency.
- SAE weather protective enclosure
Sound attenuated enclosure ensures quiet operation and protection against
mother nature, withstanding winds up to 150 mph. Hinged key locking roof panel
for security. Lift-out front for easy access to all routine maintenance items.
Electrostatically applied textured epoxy paint for added durability.
- Enclosed critical grade muffler
Quiet, critical grade muffler is mounted inside the unit to prevent injuries.
- Small, compact, attractive
Makes for an easy, eye appealing installation, as close as 18" away from a building.
- 1 ft (305 mm) flexible fuel line connector
Absorbs any generator vibration when conneted to rigid pipe.
- Direct-to-dirt composite mounting pad
Complex lattice design prevents settling or sinking of the gernerator system.
- Integral sediment trap
Prevents particles and moisture from entering the fuel regulator and engine, prolonging engine life.
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP): 20,000 Watts*
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG): 18,000 Watts*
- Rated Voltage: 240
- Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current – 240 Volts (LP/NG): 83.3/75
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 5%
- Main Line Circuit Breaker: 100 Amp
- Phase: 1
- Number of Rotor Poles: 2
- Rated AC Frequency: 60 Hz
- Power Factor: 1.0
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft (7 m) with generator operating at normal
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft (7 m) with generator in Quiet-Test low-speed exercise mode**: 58
- Exercise Duration: 5 min
- Type of Engine: GENERAC G-Force 1000 Series
- Number of Cylinders: 2
- Displacement: 999 cc
- Cylinder Block: Aluminum w/ Cast Iron Sleeve
- Valve Arrangement: Overhead Valve
- Ignition System: Solid-state w/ Magneto
- Governor System: Electronic
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Starter: 12 Vdc
- Oil Capacity Including Filter: Approx. 1.9 qt/1.8 L
- Operating rpm: 3,600
- Fuel Consumption
- Natural Gas: ft³/hr (m³/hr)
- 1/2 Load: 204 (5.78)
- Full Load: 301 (8.78)
- Liquid Propane: ft3/hr (gal/hr) [l/hr]
- 1/2 Load: 86 (2.37) [8.99]
- Full Load: 129.6 (3.56) [13.48]
- Note: Fuel pipe must be sized for full load. Required fuel pressure to generator fuel inlet at all load ranges - 3.5-7" water column (7-13 mm mercury) for natural gas, 10-12" water column (19-22 mm mercury) for LP gas. For Btu content, multiply ft³/hr x 2500 (LP) or ft³/hr x 1000 (NG). For Megajoule content, multiply m³/hr x 93.15 (LP) or m³/hr x 37.26 (NG).
- 2-Line Plain Text Multilingual LCD Display: Simple user interface
for ease of operation.
- Mode Buttons:
- Auto: Automatic Start on Utility failure. 7 day exerciser.
- Manual: Start with starter control, unit stays on. If utility fails,
transfer to load takes place.
- Off: Stops unit. Power is removed. Control and charger still operate.
- Ready to Run/Maintenance Messages: Standard
- Engine Run Hours Indication: Standard
- Programmable start delay between 2-1500 seconds: Standard (programmable
by dealer only)
- Utility Voltage Loss/Return to Utility Adjustable: From 140-171 V/190-216
- Future Set Capable Exerciser/Exercise Set Error Warning: Standard
- Run/Alarm/Maintenance Logs: 50 Events Each
- Engine Start Sequence: Cyclic cranking: engine cranks a maximum of 5 times at factory set intervals and durations.
- Starter Lock-out: Starter cannot re-engage until 5 sec after engine
- Smart Battery Charger: Standard
- Charger Fault/Missing AC Warning: Standard
- Low Battery/Battery Problem Protection and Battery Condition Indication:
- Automatic Voltage Regulation with Over and Under Voltage Protection:
- Under-Frequency/Overload/Stepper Overcurrent Protection: Standard
- Safety Fused/Fuse Problem Protection: Standard
- Automatic Low Oil Pressure/High Oil Temperature Shutdown: Standard
- Overcrank/Overspeed (@ 72 Hz)/rpm Sense Loss Shutdown: Standard
- High Engine Temperature Shutdown: Standard
- Internal Fault/Incorrect Wiring Protection: Standard
- Common External Fault Capability: Standard
- Field Upgradable Firmware: Standard
**Sound levels are taken from the front of the generator. Sound levels taken
from other sides of the generator may be higher depending on installation parameters.
Rating definitions - Standby: Applicable for supplying emergency power for the
duration of the utility power outage. No overload capability is available for
this rating. (All ratings in accordance with BS5514, ISO3046 and DIN6271).
* Maximum wattage and current are subject to and limited by such factors as
fuel Btu/megajoule content, ambient temperature, altitude, engine power and
condition, etc. Maximum power decreases about 3.5 percent for each 1,000 feet
(304.8 meters) above sea level; and also will decrease about 1 percent for each
6 °C (10 °F) above 16 °C (60 °F).
- True Power™ Electrical Technology
- Two Line LCD Multilingual Digital Evolution™ Controller (English/Spanish/ French /Portuguese)
- Electronic Governor
- System Status & Maintenance Interval LED Indicators
- Sound Attenuated Enclosure
- Flexible Fuel Line Connector
- Direct-To-Dirt Composite Mounting Pad
- Natural Gas or LP Gas Operation
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Capability to be installed within 18" (457 mm) of a building*
- Height: 29"
- Width: 48"
- Depth: 25"
- Unit: 448 lbs
- Shipping: 470 Lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 Year Limited