Klipsch Galaxy Black 2-Way THX Ultra2 In-Wall Right LCR Loudspeaker - KL-650-THX-R
The KL-650-THX is a THX® Ultra2 certified loudspeaker designed primarily for front left-, center-, and right-channel reproduction in large, ultimate-performance home theaters. It can also be used for surround channels, however, and is equally suitable for combination home-theater/music systems demanding superb sound and high output capability. Its enclosure is front-ported to facilitate installation in custom cabinetry, and has back-panel threaded inserts compatible with OmniMount® 60.0 Series wall/ceiling brackets. The KL-650-THX design emerges directly from Klipsch's experience as a leading supplier of cinema sound systems. A large, rectangular 90° x 60° Tractrix® Horn raises the efficiency of the speaker's 1-inch titanium-dome compression driver tweeter and optimizes its radiation pattern. The horn enables the speaker to meet THX Ultra2 directivity specifications without the lobing and combfiltering effects that afflict conventional multiple-tweeter solutions. And its dual 6.5- inch woofers have large, magnetically shielded motor structures that drive rigid, low-mass Cerametallic™ anodized-aluminum cones for high output and low distortion. Construction is to the highest standard, with a professional grade rabbet and dado locked panel cabinet and premium components throughout to ensure sonic purity, consistency, and reliability
- Front-firing port for low bass extension
- Dual 6.5-inch Cerametallic woofers
- 6- by 10-inch Tractrix Horn Tweeter with 1-inch titanium-dome compression driver
- Top-of-the-line internal wiring
- Frequency Response: 48Hz-20kHz ± 3dB
- Sensitivity: 97dB @ 2.83 volts / 1 meter
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- HF Crossover: 1400Hz
- Power Handling: 150 watts maximum continuous (600 watts peak)
- Enclosure Type: Bass reflex via front-mounted port
- Enclosure Material: Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)
- Tweeter: 1" (2.5cm) magnetically shielded titanium dome compression driver with 9.6oz ceramic magnet structure
- High Frequency Horn: 10" x 6" rectangular 90°x 60 °Tractrix® Horn
- Woofer: Two 6.5" (16.5cm) magnetically shielded, Cerametallic™ cone, cast aluminum frame drivers
- Input Connections: Two sets of binding post speaker terminals (connected via brass strap jumpers)
- Mounting: 4-bolt pattern 1/4"-20 thread
- Height: 15"
- Width: 17"
- Depth: 12.5"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- Five years - Loudspeaker drivers, crossovers and cabinets
- Two years - Amplifier electronics