Asus 27" ROG 2K WQHD IPS Swift Gaming Monitor - PG279Q
ROG Swift PG279Q gaming monitor is built for victory in the professional gaming arena, and features a WQHD IPS panel with a 165Hz refresh rate. Integrated NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ technology synchronizes the display's refresh rate to the GPU for smooth visuals and lag-free gameplay. This monitor features the latest technologies and design touches to make it a must-have weapon for all enthusiast players.
- 27” QuadHD (1440p) with thin bezel design, the best balance of screen size and resolution for gaming
- Breaking the 144Hz Barrier with 165Hz refresh rate for even smoother gaming graphics
- IPS Panel displays full sRGB gamut for immersive life-like color in games, movies, and design
- NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology removes stutter and screen tearing for the smoothest gaming experience
- ASUS EyeCare Technology enables low-blue light mode and flicker-free panels for marathon gaming comfort
- Impeccably Lifelike Gaming Visuals
- A 27-inch 2K/WQHD display for highly detailed visuals and more onscreen space
The ROG Swift PG279Q represents a new generation displays, with a WQHD 2560 x 1440 panel that delivers four times the resolution of 720p and 109 pixels per inch. You get to enjoy greater image detail and up to 77% more onscreen desktop space than standard Full HD (1920 x 1080) displays. These add up to give you a major in-game advantage.
- Conventional 27-inch 1920 x 1080 monitor
Shows less detail and spacing with less room for work bars on the side. Images are relatively blurrier.
- ROG Swift PG279Q 27-inch 2560 x 1440 monitor
See more detail and spacing with more room for working bars on the side. Images are much more crisp and detailed.
- IPS technology for consistent, accurate color
ROG Swift PG279Q gaming monitor gives you superior images with outstanding colors thanks to 100% sRGB color gamut and an astounding 1,000:1 contrast ratio. Wide 178-degree viewing angles ensure minimal distortion and color shift even when you're viewing from extreme positions.
- Ultra-Smooth Graphics for Seamless Gameplay
- Incredibly-fast 165Hz refresh rate
The ROG Swift PG279Q's gaming monitor 165Hz refresh rate decimates lag and motion blur to give you the upper hand in first person shooters, racers, real-time strategy, and sports titles. This ultrafast refresh rate lets you play at the highest visual settings and lets you react instantly to what's onscreen — so you'll get that first strike in.
You can even select your preferred refresh rate with a turbo key to toggle refresh rates on the fly without needing to access the graphics driver control panel. Quickly select from 60, 120, or 165Hz refresh rates while in the middle of a game to match the different frame rates of different games to maintain smoothness. Lessen the load on your GPU and CPU by setting a cap on the Hz for different games.
- 2560 x1440 @ 165Hz only works with DP port. The HDMI port only supports 2560 x 1440 @ 60Hz.
- Only NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 and above graphics card can support 2560 x 1440 up to 165Hz. Please contact the GPU manufacturers for detailed specification.
- Gain a Competitive Edge with NVIDIA®G-SYNC™ Technology
The ROG Swift PG279Q incorporates NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ display technology to deliver the smoothest, fastest, and most breathtaking gaming imaginable. G-SYNC™ synchronizes the monitor's refresh rate to the GPU in your GeForce GTX-powered PC, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag. ROG Swift PG279Q lets you enjoy seamlessly-smooth and lag-free gameplay when playing the latest fast-paced first-person shooters, sports, and action-adventure titles.
Note: G-SYNC features require a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 650Ti BOOST GPU or higher. For more detailed information, please refer to http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync
- Gamer-Centric Features
- ASUS-exclusive GamePlus technology
ROG Swift PG279Q gaming monitor features the ASUS-exclusive GamePlus hotkey for in-game enhancements so you get more out of your game. The crosshair overlay gives you four different crosshair options to suit the game you're playing. There's also an onscreen timer you can position on the left of the display so you can keep track of the elapsed gaming time; while the FPS (frames per second) counter lets you know how smooth the game is running.
- ASUS-exclusive GameVisual technology
ASUS GameVisual Technology has six pre-set display modes to optimize visuals for different types of content. This unique feature can be easily accessed through a hotkey or the On Screen Display (OSD) settings menu.
Enhances color saturation and contrast sharpness to give you better, brighter colors and detailed visuals for real-time strategy (RTS) or RPG games.
High contrast settings enhance the visibility even in dark scenes to clearly see your enemies.
Ideal settings for viewing photos and graphics online.
Provides a greater brightness range and introduces more contrast gradations. It tweaks color saturation for greens and blues, making it ideal for viewing photos and videos that depict scenery.
Reduces input lag, making it ideal for racing games when G-SYNC™ is on.
Enhances contrast and color saturation for lively, vivid visuals — ideal for viewing movies.
- Multi-Display Gaming at its Finest
- Super-narrow bezel design for seamless multi-display setups
The ROG Swift PG279Q's slim profile and super-narrow 6mm bezel makes it perfect for almost seamless multi-display setups so your eyes move swiftly from one monitor to another. It can also be VESA wall-mounted – an even easier way to have a multi-display gaming setup.
- Robust connectivity with 2-watt speakers
The ROG Swift PG279Q has a wide selection of connectivity options for WQHD input including DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI ports. ROG Swift PG279Q also has two USB 3.0 ports to quick-charge your mobile devices while gaming; it can even be used as an alternative high-speed signal input port.
- Smart cable management
A cable management design feature found on the back of the monitor allows you to organize and hide your cables to keep your gaming area tidy.
- Gaming Maration - Ready
Designed with gamer's comfort in mind
- Ultra-low blue light technolog
The ROG Swift PG279Q also comes with the ASUS Ultra Low Blue Light filters to protect you from harmful blue light. You can easily access and select four different filter settings onscreen through a handy five-way joystick makes it easy to jump through the On-screen display (OSD) menus to fulfill your different scenarios.
- Low Blue Light Level
The ROG Swift PG279Q gaming monitor has undergone stringent performance tests and is certified by TÜV Rheinland laboratories, a global provider of technical, safety, and certification services, to be flicker-free and to emit low blue light levels.
- Flicker free technology
Flicker-Free technology reduces flicker to give you a comfortable gaming experience. This minimizes instances of eyestrain and other damaging effects when you're embroiled in long, drawn-out gaming sessions.
- Ergonomic tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustable stand
The ROG Swift PG279Q is specially designed for marathon gaming sessions. It has an ergonomically-designed stand with tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustment so you can always find that ideal viewing position whether you're on the couch or sitting on your bed.
- Swivel: (+60° ~ -60°)
- Height adjustment: (0~120mm)
- Pivot: (90° clockwise)
- Tilt: (+20° ~ -5°)
- Keeping it cool with a smart air vent design
The ROG Swift PG279Q is designed for marathon gaming session. It employs a custom heatsink that's double the size to make sure the monitor stays cool during marathon gaming sessions. Cooling is also aided by a Smart Air Venting Design that uses convective currents to generate airflow. This passive setup works entirely without fans, making it completely silent and maintenance-free.
- Panel Size: Wide Screen 27.0"(68.6cm) 16:9
- Color Saturation: 100%(sRGB)
- Panel Backlight / Type: In-Plane Switching
- True Resolution: 2560x1440 *
- Display Surface: Non-glare
- Pixel Pitch: 0.233mm
- Brightness(Max): 350 cd/㎡
- Contrast Ratio (Max): 1000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10): 178°(H)/178°(V)
- Response Time: 4ms (Gray to Gray)
- Display Colors: 16.7M (real 8 bit)
- Flicker free
- Trace Free Technology: Yes
- Color Temperature Selection: 4 Modes
- GamePlus(modes): Yes (Crosshair/Timer/FPS Counter)
- Low Blue Light: Yes
- HDCP support: Yes
- GameVisual: 6 Modes(Scenery/Racing/Cinema/RTS/RPG/FPS/sRGB Modes)
- Stereo Speakers: 2W x 2 Stereo RMS
- 5-way OSD Navigation Joystick
- Turbo key
- Signal Input: HDMI, DisplayPort
- Earphone jack: 3.5mm Mini-Jack
- USB Port(s): 3.0x2, 1 x upstream
- Digital Signal Frequency: Display port 34~209KHz(H)/30~165Hz (V)
- Power On: <90W
- Power Saving/Off: 0.5W
- Voltage: 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Chassis Colors: Black
- Tilt: +20°~-5°
- Pivot: 0°~+90°
- Height Adjustment: 0~120 mm
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
- Super Narrow Bezel Design: Yes
Compliance and Standards
- BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, CEL level 1, ErP, FCC, J-MOSS, KCC, PSE, RoHS, UL/cUL, VCCI, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7), RCM, TUV Flicker-free , eStandby, TUV Low Blue Light
- Power cord
- Power adapter
- DisplayPort cable
- USB 3.0 cable
- Quick start guide
- HDMI cable
- Support CD
- Warranty Card
- Refresh Rate DisplayPort: 2560x1440(up to 165Hz) HDMI: 2560x1440(60Hz)
- Signal Frequency DisplayPort: 34~209KHz(H)/30~165Hz(V) HDMI: 30~140KHz(H)/24~60Hz(V)
- With Stand:
- Height: 21.75"
- Width: 24.4"
- Depth: 9.366"
- Without Stand:
- Height: 14.28"
- Width: 24.4"
- Depth: 2.6"
- Unit: 15.43lbs
- Shipping: 23.36 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- 1 Year Parts and Labor
- 3 Years Panel and Casing