Audio-Technica Direct-Drive Turntable - AT-LP5
The AT-LP5 direct-drive turntable brings advanced technology and sleek, contemporary styling together for performance that looks as good as it sounds. Born of Audio-Technica’s rich analog heritage, the AT-LP5 incorporates a J-shaped tone arm that takes its inspiration from the classic A-T models of the 1960s and ’70s. The tone arm features a metallic gimbal suspension system and precision bearings to mitigate tracking errors, and includes an adjustable counterweight and anti-skate control. It comes outfitted with a lightweight (10 g) AT-HS10 headshell and high-performance AT95EX Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge, created specifically for this turntable.
Constructed of anti-vibration damping materials with heavy-mass metal chassis inserts, the AT-LP5 is a class leader in limiting low-frequency acoustical feedback. Its precision-machined, die-cast aluminum platter is powered by a direct-drive, high-torque motor, ensuring stable, on-axis rotation at 33-1/3 or 45 RPM. The platter is topped by a 5 mm thick rubber damping mat that improves low-frequency reproduction.
The AT-LP5 features a built-in switchable phono/line preamp that enables it to be connected directly to a computer, home stereo, powered speakers and other components that have no dedicated turntable input. The turntable is also equipped with a USB output for direct connection to a computer, and comes with PC- and Mac-compatible Audacity® software that lets you convert your records to MP3, WAV or other digital audio file formats.
- Direct-drive, high-torque motor
- Fully manual operation with two speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 RPM
- Exclusive AT95Ex Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge with replaceable stylus
- Lightweight AT-HS10 headshell
- J-shaped tonearm, modeled after original Audio-Technica designs from the 1960s and ’70s, are engineered to minimize tracking errors
- Switchable built-in pre-amplifier enables connection to components with or without a dedicated phono input
- Anti-resonance, die-cast aluminum platter
- Heavy rubber damping mat for improved low-frequency reproduction
- Sleek, matte black finish
- Includes dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable, 45 RPM adapter, USB cable, and Audacity recording software for MAC or PC
- Included dust cover and mounting hardware
- Type: 2-speed, fully manual operation
- Motor: DC motor
- Drive Method Direct Drive: Direct drive
- Speeds: 33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM
- Turntable Platter: Die-cast aluminum
- Starting Torque: >1.6 kgf.cm
- Braking System: Electronic brake
- Wow and Flutter: <0.2% WRMS (33 RPM)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >50 dB
- Output Level:
- Pre-amp “PHONO”: 4 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec
- Pre-amp “LINE” 150 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec
- Phono Pre-Amp Gain: 36 dB nominal, RIAA equalized
- USB Function: A/D, D/A - 16 bit 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz USB selectable; Computer interface - USB 2.0 compliant Windows XP, Vista or MAC OS X
- Power Supply Requirements: 120V AC, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 11 W
- Accessories Included:
- AT95EX Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge with replaceable stylus
- AT-HS10 lightweight headshell
- Power cord
- Dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable
- 45 RPM adapter
- USB cable
- Recording software
- Cartridge alignment and overhang adjustment template
- Dust cover with mounting hardware
- Height: 6.1"
- Width: 17.72"
- Depth: 13.86"
- Unit: 23.1 lbs
- Shipping: 27.7 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited