Canon EF-M 28mm F/3.5 IS STM Lens - 1362C002
The dew on a flower. The color of a cat's eye. The facets and sparkle of a diamond ring. Some ultra-close-up photos are difficult to capture with a standard lens. The compact EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM for EOS M series digital cameras is the world's lightest* autofocus lens and the world's first macro lens with a built-in Macro Lite**, designed to help new and more advanced users close in to capture these incredible details. The built-in, forward-facing Macro Lite helps illuminate hard-to-capture subjects for bright, vibrant photos showing off big, bold details. The world's first autofocus lens capable of focusing to infinity*** in normal shooting and Super Macro Mode provides magnification up to 1.2x, allowing for incredible close-up photography. While you're focusing that close, the Hybrid IS image stabilization helps keep the image sharp by helping to reduce blur due to camera shake. A lead screw-type STM stepping motor means the lens is smooth and quiet during operation. The EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM opens up a whole new world of the macro for beginner and advanced users.
- World's lightest macro lens* and features Image Stabilization for EOS M series digital cameras.
The EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM is the world's lightest macro lens*, featuring a total length that's less than 2.0 inches so you can take it just about anywhere with its easy portability. To help ensure pictures with minimal blur while capturing details and small objects, the EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM also features advanced Hybrid IS image stabilization technology.
- World's first lens with a built-in Macro Lite** which, when enabled, automatically supplies light to your photos as needed, helping to provide a better sense of depth and dimension.
Lighting extreme close-up macro shots can be tricky. The built-in Macro Lite helps make this easier with LEDs that are integrated into the front of the lens, which allow a range of illuminating possibilities. Setting both sides of the light to maximum brightness can reveal previously hidden details and add sparkle to shiny subjects like jewelry or watches. Setting only the left or right side to either bright or dim settings can help create a better sense of depth and give dramatic dimension to minute details.
- Hybrid IS helps reduce camera shake for enjoyable handheld photography.
Image stabilization helps minimize blurring in an image due to the small movements common when taking handheld photos. The Hybrid IS system on the EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM is the same system used in several of Canon's most advanced EF lenses, and is able to minimize the effects of shakes in the vertical plane (up and down), as well as tilting or at an angle.
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 28mm f/3.5
- Lens Construction: 11 elements in 10 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 51°55'
- Focus Adjustment: AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance:
- Normal Mode: 0.318 ft./0.097m
- Super Macro Mode: 0.305 ft./0.093m
- Filter Size:
- Compatible only when hood attached
- Ö43mm (attaches to hood)
- EF-M 28mm f/3.5 MACRO IS STM
- Lens Cap EF-28
- Lens Dust Cap EB
- Lens Hood ES-22
- Warranty card
- Instruction manual
- Max. Diameter: 2.4"
- Length: 1.8"