Escort Passport Radar And Laser Detector, Model 8500
- Advanced reprogrammable digital signal processing
- AutoSensitivity mode automatically reduces false alarms
- EZ-Programming allows instant customization
- 3 High-resolution meter modes
- Ultra-bright matrix display with 280 LEDs
- Multiple high-performance laser sensors
- Built-in earphone jack
- Completely immune to the VG-2 "detector-detector"
- Shift+Link compatible with the Laser Shifter ZR3
- Limited one year warranty
- Unbelievable Radar Detection Range
The Passport 8500 radar and laser detector utilizes a totally new design, including a new waveguide antenna, state-of-the-art microwave receiver, and our latest proprietary software. The result is a remarkable increase in sensitivity, including a blistering 200% improvement on the elusive Superwide Ka-band radar, and complete immunity to the VG-2 detector-detector.
- One Step Ahead
Speed measuring devices continue to improve through the use of new technology. Passport 8500's innovative design allows the on-board microprocessor to be reprogrammed to detect new radar and laser units. While other manufacturers' models become obsolete, the Passport 8500's software can be updated to protect you against the latest threats.
- Shift+Link Compatible with the Laser Shifter ZR3
For the ultimate in radar and laser protection, the Passport 8500 can be now be linked with the all-new, custom-installed Laser Shifter ZR3 laser defense system.
- Less "Noise"
Improving sensitivity typically means an increase in annoying false alarms. Passport 8500's advanced signal rejection circuitry, and exclusive "Auto" mode, separates real threats from the "noise." The result is advanced warning without the constant chatter.
- Detail Oriented
The Passport 8500 radar and laser detector features our exclusive "ExpertMeter" display, identifying band and relative signal strength on up to radar 8 signals simultaneously. Or choose our new "SpecDisplay" and Passport will show you the actual frequency of the radar signal.
- Adapts To The Way You Drive
The Passport 8500 radar and laser detector comes preset and ready to use with our factory recommended settings. If you prefer, select Passport 8500's unique EZ-Programming feature and customize it for your own driving style. Programmable options include selection of individual bands (on/off), three meter display options, Mute and AutoMute, two levels of audio tones, and much more. Simply hold both buttons to enter the Program Mode, and quickly review or change your settings. (Your preferred settings are maintained in memory, even when the Passport 8500 is turned off or unplugged.)
- Comes Fully Equipped
Your Passport 8500 arrives with a comprehensive owner's manual, quick-release windshield mount, built-in earphone jack, a coiled SmartCord, quick reference card, and an Escort travel case.
- Safety Warning System
Full text display of all Safety Warning System (SWS) signals. Over 60 specific safety text messages warn of hazards in areas using safety radar.
- X-band 10.525 GHz ± 25 MHz
- K-band 24.150 GHz ± 100 MHz
- Ka-band 34.700 GHz ± 1300 MHz
- Laser 904nm, 33 MHz Bandwidth
Radar Receiver/Detector Type
- Superheterodyne, GaAs FET VCO
- Scanning Frequency Discriminator
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Quantum Limited Video Receiver
- Multiple High-Performance Laser Sensors
- AlGaAs 280 LED Matrix/Text
- Bar Graph, ExpertMeter, or SpecDisplay
- 3-Level Dimming, plus Dark Mode
- 12VDC, Negative Ground
- SmartCord MuteDisplayTM Included
- Power-On Indication
- Power-On Sequence
- Signal Strength Meter
- Audio Tones
- City Mode Sensitivity
- Display Brightness
- Dark Mode
- Radar / Laser Bands
- AutoSensitivity, Highway, and City
- Mute and AutoMute
- Auto Calibration Circuitry
- SmartShield VG-2 Immunity
- Height: 1.25"
- Width: 2.85"
- Depth: 5.32"