Sony DSCU20EX5 Camera And Printer Combo
To view additional images click here: Front, Side
Sony Cyber-Shot U Digital Camera, Model DSCU20
Spontaneous “always with you” photography style just got better with the introduction the DSC U20 Cyber-shot® U Digital Camera. Packed with an impressive 2 megapixel resolution and features like autofocus and auto macro functions to capture crisp shots, the Cybershot U20 is designed to fit in your hand and allow for the simplicity and speed you need to make it easy to grab shots anytime, anywhere.
- Super compact and easy-use design provides “always with you” convenience
- 1/2.7” 2.0 MegaPixel effective Progressive Scan Super HAD™ CCD image sensor
- 5mm (33mm 35mm equivalent) f2.8 lens
- Center weighted Auto Focus, 4-step Manual Focus with Auto Macro
- Center weighted Auto Exposure
- Auto shutter speed range 1/30 ~ 1/2000 second
- 1” 64K Pixel TFT transflective LCD Viewfinder with Battery Remaining Indicator
- 4 Mode Intelligent Flash with TTL Pre-flash metering and Red Eye Reduction
- SXGA (1632x1224) and VGA (640x480) Image Sizes
- MPEG Video mail (160x112) Movie mode (w/o audio)
- VGA Burst mode captures up to five 640x480 frames at 2 frames/second
- Selectable Soft snap, Illumination snap and Vivid Nature Scene modes
- Selectable Sepia, Solarize, Black & White and Negative Art Picture Effect modes
- Fast start up time and convenient slide open lens cover make it easy to “capture the moment”
- USB driver for Microsoft® Windows® 98/98SE/Me/2000 Pro, XP Home/Pro, Macintosh® OS 8.5.1/8.6/9.0/9.1/9.2/X
- Rechargeable NiMH AAA batteries with battery charger supplied
- Imaging Device: 1/2.7" 2.0 Megapixel Effective Super HAD™ CCD (2.1 Megapixel Gross)
- Recording Media: Memory Stick® Media
- Zoom: 1X
- Filter Diameter: N/A
- Focal Length: 5.0mm
- 35mm Conversion: 33mm
- Aperture: f 2.8
- Focus: 4-Step Manual Preset with Auto
- Minimum Focus Distance: 7.9" (0.2m)
- Macro: Selectable
- Shutter Speed: Auto (1/30 – 1/2000)
- Manual Exposure: N/A
- Color LCD: 1.0" 64K Pixels TFT Reflective LCD
- Flash Modes: Auto/ Forced On, Off / Red-Eye Reduction On, Off
- Flash Effective Range: 1.6 – 6.0 feet (0.5m – 1.8m)
- White Balance: Auto
- Picture Effects: Solarize, Black & White, Sepia, and Negative Art
- ISO: Auto
- Scene Modes: Soft Snap, Illumination Snap, Vivid Nature
- Self-Timer: Yes, 10 seconds
- Video Output: N/A
- Still Image Mode: JPEG (Normal)
- MPEG Movie Mode: MPEG Video Mail (160 x 112) without Audio
- Clip Motion: N/A
- Microphone/Speaker: N/A
- USB Terminal: Yes, Powered USB bus
- Software Supplied: Pixela® ImageMixer for Sony v1.0,
- USB Driver SPVD-008
- OS Compatibility: Microsoft® Windows® 98 / 98SE / Me / 2000, Professional, XP Home and Professional, Macintosh® OS 8.5.1 / 8.6 / 9.0 / 9.1 / 9.2, Mac OS X 10.0 / 10.1
- Supplied Accessories: "AAA" Rechargeable NiMH Batteries, Battery Charger, USB Cable, MSA-8A, Neck Strap, Software CD-ROM
- Width: 3-3/8" (85mm)
- Height: 1-3/16" (29mm)
- Depth: 1-5/8" (40mm)
- Approximate Unit Weight: 4.2 oz. (118g) w/ Batteries, Memory Stick® Media, and Neck Strap
- Approximate Shipping Weight: 3 lbs
- NH-AAA-DI Rechargeable NiMH batteries, BC-CS1 NiMH battery charger, USB cables, neck strap, MSA-8A 8MB Memory Stick® media; CD-ROM w/Pixela ImageMixer for Sony v1.0 and USB driver
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- LABOR: For a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, if this Product is determined to be defective, SONY will repair or replace the Product, at its option, at no charge, or pay the labor charges to any SONY authorized service facility. After the warranty period, you must pay for all labor charges.
- PARTS: In addition, SONY will supply, at no charge, new or rebuilt replacements in exchange for defective pads for a period of one (1) year. After ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, labor for removal and installation is available from SONY authorized service facilities or a SONY Service Center at your expense.To obtain warranty service, you must take the Product, or deliver the Product freight prepaid, in either its original packaging or packaging affording an equal degree of protection, to any authorized SONY service facility.
Downloadable (.pdf) Files:
Sony Digital Photo Printer - DPPEX5
Sony's new DPP-EX5 photo printer makes printing digital photos a no hassle, fun and rewarding experience. Using Sonys established dye-sublimation technology the DPP-EX5 creates smooth, continuous tone photographs with color richness that rivals any printing technology. By fusing layers of color dye into high quality photo media and coating with Super Coat 2, a unique Sony laminate, your finished glossy or matte photos are fade resistant, water resistant and even fingerprint resistant
- Snapshot Prints from Your Digital Pictures Produce beautiful high quality prints in the convenience of your home or office. The DPP-EX5 makes it simple, easy and cost-effective.
- Print Images in Three Sizes The DPP-EX5 can print borderless 4" x 6" postcard size prints, economical size 3 1/2" x 5" or compact size 3 1/2" x 4" with a simple click of a button.
- PC Free Direct Printing Print images directly from Memory Stick® media without having to connect to a computer.
- 3.8 Megapixel High Resolution Photo Quality The DPP-EX5 photo printer can print images with up to 16.7 million colors at a 403 x 403 dpi resolution providing outstanding print quality.
- Dye-Sublimation Printing (403 dpi, 16.7 Million Colors) Dye-sublimation technology uses layers of color-dye to create continuous tone images with color richness that rivals traditional photo prints.
- High Speed Printing Sony's new high sensitivity media results in printing times that are much quicker than other dye-sub or ink jet printers. Print a four by six (4" x 6") 3.8 Megapixel image in about 90 seconds. 3 1/2" x 5" and 3 1/2" x 4" size prints are even faster.
- Multiple Frame or Index Printing Choose to print 1, 2, 4, or 9 images on a single sheet of paper. Images can be printed as multiples of the same image or a combination of different images in creative print mode.
- Image Optimization and Photo Edit Functions Image Optimization functions help improve picture quality including:
-Image Rotation in 90-degree increments and 180-degree rotation.
-Image Color Correction Effects:
Hue, chrominance, brightness and sharpness.
- Super Coat 2™ Protective Lamination Sony's unique Super Coat 2™ laminate is applied in either matte or glossy finish during the printing process, protecting photos from color-shift and fading. Pictures produced with the DPP-EX5 have better picture permanence compared to traditional film-based photo processing.
- Easy to Use Interface Core printer functions are displayed on the TV screen via video output for ease of use and improved functionality. The on-screen Graphical User Interface menu makes system control easy allowing the user to edit images, produce creative, personalized prints, and/or perform printer setup functions.
- PC/Macintosh® Compatible via USB For added use and function, the printer can be connected to both the PC and Macintosh® computers by using the built-in USB connection. Printer driver software is included for pre-installed Microsoft® Windows® 98/98SE and Macintosh OS 8.6 operating systems and later.
- Compact Size 3 1/10" x 7 9/10" x 111/4" (WxHxD)
The DPP-EX5's small size fits easily within your lifestyle. Whether next to your TV or near the PC, the DPP EX5 makes it easy to print your digital pictures.
- Memory Stick® Media Digital. Powerful. Transportable.™ Memory Stick media is compact, portable and rugged?connecting a variety of hardware and software applications, allowing for instant printing when inserted directly into DPP-EX5 Memory Stick slot.
- Auto Feeder Tray Print up to 30 images in one session, without having to feed paper into the printer one sheet at a time. The supplied auto-feed tray will hold three different sizes of paper (4" x 6", 3 1/2" x 5" or 3 1/2" x 4") for simple, quick and quiet printing.
- Slide Show Mode Connect the printer to a TV using the video output, to show a personal slideshow of your favorite images.
- Printing System Dye-Sublimation
- Printing Size Large Postcard Size 4" x 6" Borderless Prints
Medium Size 31/2" x 5" Borderless Prints
Compact Size 3 1/2" x 4" Prints
- Gradations 8-bit per color - C/M/Y/K
(Approximately 16.7 Million Colors)
- Printing Time Approximately 90 Seconds (4" x 6")
Approximately 75 Seconds (3 1/2" x 5")
Approximately 60 Seconds (3 1/2" x 4")
- Video Output Composite Video
- Input/Output Connections Memory Stick® Media
- USB (Ver. 1.1) Connection for PC or Macintosh® Computers
- Media Cards Memory Stick® Media
- Format JPEG / TIFF / Bitmap / EXIF2
- Paper Size Large Postcard Size: 4" x 6" (101.6mm x 174.4mm)
Medium Size: 3 1/2" x 5" (89mm x 149mm)
Compact Size: 3 1/2" x 4" (89mm x 101.6mm)
- Power Requirements 110 - 120 Volts AC
- Supplied Software Printer Driver Software
- Paper Tray
- Video Cable
- Printer Driver Software
- Cleaning Kit
- AC Power Cord
- SVM-25LS Postcard Size Printer Pack (25 prints)
- SVM-25LW Postcard Size Sticker Pack (25 prints)
- SVM-30MS Medium Size Printer Pack (30 prints)
- SVM-30SS Compact Size Photo Paper (30 prints)
- SVM-30SW Compact Size Stickers (30 prints)
- SVM-30SW09 Compact Size 9 Split Stickers (30 prints)
- SVM-75LS Postcard Size Printer Pack (75 prints)
- 3 1/10" x 7 9/10" x 111/4" (78 x 200 x 288mm) (W/H/D)
- 5 lb. 2 oz (2.3kg) with paper tray