Wusthof Classic 2-1/2" Paring Knife - 4002
Wüsthof's Classic series of knives features a traditional styling that makes it the most popular of the Wüsthof lines. The hand-forged and hand-honed blades are made from optimum quantities of high-carbon steel and a stain-resistant alloy, resulting in longer edge retention and easier sharpening A computer-controlled grinding and polishing procedure ensures perfect tapering from bolster to tip for precision slicing. The weighted bolster gives the handle its heft and is considered a signature feature of Wüsthof knives. The fully visible tang on these knives is seamlessly encased in synthetic Hostaform-C handles, which are secured to the tang with three rivets.
Perhaps the most versatile knife in the kitchen, paring, trimming, dicing fruits and vegetables. Owning just one is never enough. Several specialty shapes are available for decorative garnishing and other applications.
- Professional Performance, Precision Forged, And Incredibly Sharp
- Excellent Heft And Balance
- Quality That You Will Own For Many Years
- All Knives Of The Classic Series Are Precision Forged From A Single Blank Of High Carbon No-Stain Steel - From The Tip Of The Blade To The Very End Of The Handle
- Hot-Drop Forged In Its Entirety, By Hand. Red Hot Steel, A Two Ton Forging Hammer, And Precision Skills Are The Basic Ingredients. Forging By Hand Is A Costly, Time Consuming Process; No Stamping, No Welding, No Shortcuts. Just Solid Quality.
- The Latest Robotronics Go Into The Grinding And Polishing Operations Till The Final Cutting Edge Is Applied At The Most Appropriate Blade Angle
- Wusthof Steel Is Select High Carbon No-Stain Steel, Which Has Evolved Over The Years As The Most Perfect Alloy For Superior Knife Making
- The Bolster: An Integral Part Of The Knife's Construction, The Distinctively-Wide Wusthof Bolster Provides Balance, Safety, Heft, And Authority. Precision Forged, Perfectly Shaped
- Dishwasher-Safe Handles Are Made From Hostaform-C And Are Virtually Indestructible. A Patented Process Guarantees That There Is An Absolutely Perfect Fit Between The Handle And The Steel
- Red Trident Label Is A Removable Decal
- Made In Germany
Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Lifetime Guarantee covering material and workmanship defects.
Cutlery by WÜSTHOF is manufactured with the highest quality standards and exceeds the required DIN (German Industry Standard) as well as the EN (European Standard).
We are assured of our quality and wish you much pleasure with our products. Your satisfaction is the quality measurement for our assortment.
to view warranty (.pdf)
* Wüsthof-Trident knives are dishwasher-safe. However, Wüsthof-Trident strongly recommends hand washing in warm, sudsy water and towel drying.
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.