Franke Prestige Classic/Plus Double Undermount Sink, Model PRX120
Prestige Plus™ deep bowl with large side compartment. Also available in shallower depth without integral shelf.
Cleaning Instructions for Stainless Steel
This high quality Franke sink is a heavy gauge, type 304 (18/10), surgical grade, stainless steel for maximum durability – 18% chromium (for shine) and 10% nickel (for rust resistance). Stainless steel is an extremely durable surface; it can, however, be scratched or scuffed. When scuffing does occur, please remember that this is normal and the effect will become uniform with age. The high quality stainless steel does not lose its attractive shine.
Recommended Daily Care
Regular cleaning is important to maintain the appearance of your Franke sink. Wipe with a soft, soapy cloth, rinse and dry after every use. Drying is very important to eliminate any film build-up that may develop from hard water deposits.
Tough Stains and Rust
Most stains are a result of water-borne minerals. Such stains are often seen as a “rainbow” effect and can generally be avoided with the daily care recommendations above. Rust stains area result of iron particles from an outside source (i.e., water, cookware, etc.) and can be removed with cleaners containing oxalic acid (such as Bar Keepers Friend®). Steel wool pads leave tiny particles that will develop into rust spots. Stainless steel is, by itself, metallurgically incapable of rusting. Persistent stains, including rust, can be removed with a variety of mild non-abrasive stainless steel cleaners such as Franke’s Inox cream, Shiny Sinks Plus®, Flitz and others. Always rinse thoroughly after using any cleaner.
Scratches can be blended in using the “fine” 3M Scotch Brite® pad and Inox cream, if desired. Always wipe with the grain, rinse thoroughly and dry when finished.
What To Avoid
- Bleaches containing hypochlorite will attack stainless steel and cause pitting and staining
- Silver dip cleaners contain acids which attack stainless steel and leave a permanent stain.
- Certain foods, when left for prolonged periods, can cause pitting and corrosion. Examples are citric fruit juices, salt, vinegar, mustard, pickles, and mayonnaise.
- Strong acids can damage stainless steel (i.e., photographic developing liquids or denture cleanser). If they come in contact with the sink, they should be washed away immediately with clean water.
- PRX-Prestige Extra Deep Sink has a depth of just less than 10" in the large bowl.
- Franke uses nothing but the best when it comes to top quality stainless steel. Their sinks vary anywhere from 16 gauge, which is commercial gauge, to 20 gauge sinks.
- Gauge: 18
- Base Cabinet Required: 39"
- Overall: 36-1/8" x
21-1/4" x 9-1/16"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- Lifetime Limited Buyer Warranty
Franke Consumer Products, Inc., Kitchen Systems Division, warrants the quality of its sinks to be free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship, under normal usage for the lifetime of the sink. (NOTE: Solid brass sinks (not lacquered) will tarnish as part of the natural reaction to air and water