Sony 42" Grand WEGA 3LCD Rear Projection Television, Model KDFE42A10
Enhance your home entertainment experience with the KDF-E42A10 Grand WEGA 3LCD Rear Projection HDTV. The KDF-E42A10 features a new design with a thin dark black bezel, a compact body and barely visible speakers located at the bottom of the set. This television also features high-definition picture quality and delivers natural color reproduction and exceptional brightness levels due to 3LCD technology. Additional features include the Sony WEGA Engine system to deliver detailed picture quality from any compatible video source by minimizing the digital-to-analog conversion process and the WEGA GATE Easy Operation Guide, which allows you to easily navigate to TV functions, including favorite channels, TV channel list and external input list or settings.
- WEGA Engine System Delivers superb picture quality from any video source by minimizing the signal deterioration caused by digital-to-analog conversion and stabilizing the signal processing. The engine features unique Sony technology, including:The first step in the digital processing system, Composite Component Processor2, which enhances input signal-to-noise ratio by chroma decoder digital processing.
- Digital Reality Creation® (DRC)® Multifunction Technology Unlike conventional line doublers, the DRC Multifunction feature replaces the signal's NTSC waveform with the HD equivalent, while doubling the number of vertical and horizontal lines. This results in four times the density for quality sources, such as DVD, satellite and digital camcorders. The Video Menu allows you to select interlaced, progressive or CineMotion® output.
- 3LCD technology is a video projection system that uses three LCD panels to produce an image. There are three key advantages of 3LCD televisions: A Brighter Picture even in well-lit rooms; Natural Colors are displayed with intense vibrancy; High Detail for spectacular HD performance.
- PC Input allows you to connect your PC and display the PC screen on your TV.
- WEGA GATE Easy Operation Guide is a new feature that allows you to easily navigate to the most convenient TV functions: favorite channels, TV channel list, external input list or settings.
- Integrated HDTV You can watch digital television programs and enjoy the improved audio/video quality offered by these programs.
- Wide Screen Mode allows you to watch 4:3 normal broadcasts in wide screen mode (16:9 aspect ratio).
- ATSC Integrated Tuner allows the reception of local, off-air digital broadcasts providing the viewing of free, true high-definition network programming without the addition of a set top box or a monthly fee.
- CableCARD Slot provides cable subscribers with access to digitally encrypted cable channels - without the need for a set-top box - that will enable you to receive not only standard definition but also high definition television. The CableCARD card which is provided by your cable TV provider, is inserted into the TVs rear panel CableCARD slot. After the service is activated with your cable TV company, the card replaces the need for a separate set-top box.
- Dolby® Digital Technology
- SRS® TruSurround XT technology equipped
- HDMI1 Interface (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) provides an uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface between the TV and any HDMI-equipped audio/video component, such as a set-top box, DVD player, and A/V receiver. HDMI technology supports enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio.
- Component Video Inputs offer the best video quality for DVD (480p, 480i) and digital set-top box (1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i) connections.
- S-Video Inputs provide a high-quality image from connected equipment.
- CineMotion® technology using the reverse 3-2 pull down technology, the Cinemotion feature provides smoother picture movement when playing back movies or other video sources on film.
- Steady Sound® feature equalizes volume levels so there is consistent output between programs and commercials.
- Favorite Channels allows you to preview and select from up to sixteen of your favorite channels.
- Parental Control (V-Chip) allows parents to block unsuitable programming from younger viewers.
- Panel Type: LCD 0.73" (1280 x 720)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Tuner: Terrestrial (VHF/UHF/CATV)
- Tuner: ATSC
- Tuner: 8VSB
- Tuner: Clear QAM
- Tuner: POD QAM
- Video Signal System: NTSC
- Advanced Video Processing: WEGA Engine feature
- Advanced Video Processing: DRC-MF V1
- Video Signal System: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
- Picture Modes: Vivid, Standard and Custom
- Picture Adjustment: Picture, Brightness, Color, Hue, Sharpness
- Picture Modes: Color Temp (Warm 1, Warm 2, Neutral, and Cool)
- Processing: Noise Reduction
- Video Function: Game Picture (On/Off)
- Video Processing: DRC® Mode (High Density/Progressive/Off)
- DRC Palette: (Custom 1, Custom 2, Custom 3)
- Advanced Video Processing: Cinema Black Pro - Iris & Advanced Iris (High/Medium/Low/Off)
- Advanced Menu Function: Live Color ((High/Medium/Low/Off)
- Advanced Menu Function: Clear White (High/Low/Off)
- Advanced Menu Function: Black Corrector (High/Medium/Low/Off)
- Advanced Menu Function: Gamma (Max/High/Medium/Low/Off)
- Screen Setting: Wide Mode (Wide Zoom/Normal/Full/Zoom)
- Video Function: Freeze
- Video Function: Favorite Channel
- Video Function: Channel Label
- Video Function: Channel Skip/Add
- Video Function: Video Label
- Video Function: Channel Jump
- Video Function: Channel Surf
- Video Function: Parental Lock
- Video Function: Closed Caption
- Video Function: V Chip Parental Control
- Video Function: ID-1
- Video Function: Initial Setup
- Video Function: Caption Vision (On/Off/Program)
- Sound Function: SteadySound® feature
- Sound Mode: TruSurround® XT Audio
- Sound Equalization: Treble and Bass
- Sound Mode: BBE Digital
- Sound Mode: Simulated
- Sound Mode: Auto SAP/MTS
- Speaker On/Off: Speaker Off
- Sound Mode: Volume Offset
- Sound Mode: A/V Sync (Off/1/2/3)
- Sound Mode: (Dynamic, Standard, and Custom)
- Output Power: 12w x 12w
- Power Requirements: 120V 60Hz
- Power Consumption: In Use: 210 Watts Standby: Less than 17 Watts
Inputs and Outputs
- Input(s): PC Input (D-sub 15) + Audio Input (Stereo Mini) 1 (1 Front 1 / 0 Rear)
- Input(s): HDMI + Audio L&R 1 ( 1 Rear) connector
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr ) Input(s): 3 (1 Front / 2 Rear)
- S-Video Input(s): 1 (1 Rear)
- Composite Video Input(s): 3 (1 Front / 2 Rear)
- Input(s): RF 75-ohm F-type 1 (1 Rear)
- Input(s): Cable 75-ohm F-type (1 (1 Rear)
- Input(s): CableCARD PCMCIA-type 1 (1 Rear) slot
- Input(s): Total Audio Input (LR, RCA-pin) excluding HDMI 5 (1 Front / 4 Rear)
- Digital Audio Output(s): (Optical) 1 (0 Front / 1 Rear)
- Headphone Output(s): 1 (1 Front / 0 Rear)
- Audio Output: Audio Output (Variable/Fixed) 1 (1 Rear)
- WEGA GATE: Easy Operation Guide
- On Screen Controls: English/Spanish/French
- Sleep Timer
- Clock/Timer (Two Event)
- AA (R6) Batteries
- Operating Instructions
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Card
- Product Registration Card
- Matching A/V Stand (SURG11S)
- Other Accessories: Game & Video Selector
- 5' HDMI AV Cable
- 16' HDMI AV Cable
- 10' HDMI AV Cable
- DVD/VCR Combination Unit
- DVD Recorder
- DVD Player
- Belkin® PureAV Isolator
- APC Premium Audio/Video Surge Protector 11 Outlet with Tel2/Splitter and
- 2 Sets Coax Protection
- APC Performance SurgeArrest 11 Outlet with Tel2/Splitter and Coax
- APC Audio/Video Surge Protector 7 Outlet with Coax
- Fully Editable Remote
- Fully Editable Remote Control
- Universal Remote Commander® Remote Control
- DVD/VCR Progressive Scan Combo Player
- Width: 39-3/8"
- Height: 28-1/2"
- Depth: 14-1/8"
- Unit Weight: 61lbs. 12oz
- Shipping Weight: 75 lbs
- Dimensional Weight: 97.78 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- LABOR: For a period of one year from the date of purchase, if this Product is determined to be defective, SONY will repair or replace the Product, at its option, at no charge, or pay the labor charges to any SONY authorized service facility. After the warranty period, you must pay for all labor charges.
- PARTS: In addition, SONY will supply, at no charge, new or rebuilt replacements in exchange for defective parts for a period of one (1) year (color picture tube - two (2)years). After ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, labor for removal and installation is available from Sony authorized service facilities or a SONY Service Center at your expense.
- 4 Year Extended Service Warranty:Click here for details
Manufacturer Model Number: KDF-E42A10
Features and specifications subject to change without notice.