Miele S4 Galaxy Series S4780 Orion Canister Vacuum Cleaner, Model S4780IO
- Radio Frequency Controls; suction control via +/- controls on handle
- The Miele S4780 Orion uses Radio Frequency (RF) remote controls that allow you to manipulate the suction power of the vacuum with a push of a single button on the handle.
You can also put the machine into a "standby" mode if you just need to take a quick break to move a piece of furniture or a larger obstacle from your cleaning path.
Since this is controlled over radio frequency and not infrared, it is especially dependable and negates the need for heavier hoses that have electric wires hidden inside.
- 1200-watt, high-output Miele-made Vortex Motor SystemTM
- A real power pack: the S4 motor is developed and produced in the Miele factories in Germany. A 1200 -watt powerful performance
Optimal usage of power through the airflow
The result: great cleaning performance with superior dust intake.
- Filter System
- Sealed SystemTM construction
- For over 75 years, our research, development and quality control laboratories have tested methods to effectively pick up and, most importantly, retain dust and other indoor air pollutants.
After collecting volumes of data, engineers and designers continue to reach the firm conclusion that Miele's system is the most effective and hygienic method of removing particulate matter from the home.
Our exclusive combination of a Sealed SystemTM using the very best raw materials, electrostatically charged IntensiveClean PlusTM dust/filter bag and a selection of high-quality filter cartridges, including the first certified HEPA filter, provide the essential formula for this success.
As a matter of fact, the new S4 Galaxy series has been awarded certification by the DMT Air Quality Testing Institute, an independent institute that monitors air hygiene. The S4 joins other Miele vacuums — which were the world's first to receive this certificate — with a top rating of “excellent air quality”.
This certification refers to Miele's HEPA filter and the vacuum cleaner working together as a Sealed SystemTM to provide maximum protection for indoor air quality.
Please exercise caution when evaluating other vacuum filtration systems, since there are many gimmicks that do not work as effectively or scientifically.
Since this is an area where poor results can be devastating to young or elderly lungs, or to anyone who suffers from allergies or asthma, you may want to visit a local authorized Miele dealer to discuss the importance of the indoor air quality in your home and how a Miele vacuum cleaner can improve it.
- Active H.E.P.A. Filter
- 3.5L / 3.7-quart capacity IntensiveClean PlusTM dustbag with flap for dust-free removal (2 supplied)
- The Active H.E.P.A. (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter not only captures and retains tiny, lung-damaging particles (including dust mite feces and pollen), it also uses the same Generally Activated Charcoal filter (GAC) that the Active Air Clean filter uses to absorb odors.
This Miele filter conforms to the new stringent European standard for filtration (EN 1822) which means that it actually traps 99.99% of all particles as tiny as 0.3 of a micron.
These filters are so well designed that they only need to be replaced after 50 hours of use, or approximately 12 months.
There is also a convenient spot to write the date on the filter, which takes the guesswork out of when the filter should be replaced.
- Impressive 29.5-foot operating radius: So you can clean large areas without having to change power outlets, Miele vacuum cleaners feature an extra long cord and an operating radius of almost 30 feet!
- Thermal cut-out indicator: A thermostat prevents Miele vacuum cleaners from overheating.
For example, if something is stuck in the passage and blocks the flow of air, the vacuum will switch itself off automatically.
This indicator light will be illuminated to alert you to the problem and protect the motor from damage.
- Safety shut-off on overheating
- Dustbag change indicator alerts you to replace the hygienic bag
- Quiet operation through better engineering: Despite the impressive power of the S4780 Orion's 1200-watt, high-output motor, Miele vacuum cleaners are remarkably quiet.
You will be able to hear the phone ringing and the radio playing.
- Filter Grill
- Electric power display
- Electric exhaust filter display
- Space-saving storage bracket on side of vacuum
- S4 aces the Floor Test: Miele floor tools and accessory cleaning brushes are inspected just as thoroughly as the vacuums themselves.
They are tested on miles and miles of different flooring, and must tolerate a fall test, in which the floor tools drop from a height of nearly three feet over and over again.
Only when the floor tools endure and pass this test, are they approved for production.
- S4 aces the Cable-Pull Test: A malfunctioning cable reel assembly is frustrating, which is why Miele cable reels are put through a very aggressive quality assurance exam. The cable is pulled out and retracted over 10,000 times as a part of Miele's approval process. With this assurance, you can be sure your cord reel will function reliably and safely for years.
- S4 aces the Hose Test: Miele vacuum hoses are among the best in the world! Each production lot is subjected to countless bend and stretch tests in our laboratories. To test the endurance of the hose, a vacuum cleaner, plus an additional 5kg weight, (that’s over 11 pounds) is stretched thousands of times. The hose must pass undamaged before being approved for inclusion in a Miele vacuum cleaner box.
- S4 aces the Threshold Test: Quality assurance engineers at Miele's factory test the daily challenges of the vacuum's castors, bumper strip and outside casing using a volume of different tests. For example, on the threshold exam, the vacuum endures miles of track where typical and not so typical stresses are exerted — simulated door thresholds, bumps and harsh curves — in order to put maximum strain on the vacuum.
- S4 aces the The Longevity Test: Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last a minimum of 1,000 operating hours or an average of 20 years residential use. This is only possible because of the critical Miele-made component of the vacuum cleaner: its motor. The S4, and all Miele vacuum cleaners, feature a high-output, Miele-made Vortex Motor SystemTM. The motor is capable of consistently providing top performance for 1,000 hours.
- Well-designed wheel castors: The new S4 is lightweight — only 14 pounds — and very easy to maneuver. A gentle tug is all you need to move the vacuum cleaner from room to room. The castors are designed to run smoothly over all types of flooring and to navigate obstacles such as thresholds or even its own electrical cord with ease.
- The S4780 Orion is easily transported: If transport upstairs, downstairs or even outside is required, simply insert the floor tool into the integrated wand holder and pick the vacuum cleaner up with one hand. The hose, wand and floor tool are securely in place so no walls or picture frames should be scratched or disturbed. And, with one hand free, you can even open and close doors as you go!
- Click System: Each section of the wand, the hand piece and the floor tool is firmly connected by Miele's unique locking system. Each piece can be easily released by depressing the latch.
Included Accessories & Floor Tools
- Combination carpet/smooth floor tool (SBD450-3): smooth flooring and very low pile carpeting. It allows you to go from smooth floors to carpeted surfaces with a quick click of a rocker switch. The metal glide sole is gentle to even the most sensitive flooring. Carpet and rugs can be gently and thoroughly vacuumed. Wide thread lifters help collect dirt and dust.
- Deluxe handle assembly: This new ergonomic handle makes vacuuming a breeze, keeping the strain off your wrist. This feature is standard on the Luna and Orion models.
- Stainless steel telescopic wand
- Non-electric hose
- Three integrated accessories:
- natural bristle dusting brush
- upholstery nozzle
- crevice tool
- The S4780 Orion comes with the Accessory Clip, standard
- Height: 8"
- Width: 9"
- Length: 19"