JL Audio 10" Mobile Subwoofer, Model 10W1V24
The all-new W1v2’s are poised to establish a new standard for affordable bass excellence thanks to technologies originally developed for our flagship W7 and W6v2 subwoofers. These include JL Audio’s patented VRC™, Elevated Frame-Cooling and Floating Cone Attach Method™ technologies, along with an innovative, insert-molded spider assembly with integral push-terminals and special strain-relief features. As with JL Audio’s flagship drivers, development was guided by JL Audio’s proprietary DMA modeling system to deliver outstanding dynamic stability and low-distortion operation within their intended power envelope. Optimized for compact enclosures and moderate power levels, and specifically engineered to reduce mounting depth, the W1v2's open up a whole new range of application options.
- DMA Optimized Motor System
Highly optimized motor system delivers linear motor force over a wide range of excursion and power levels to reduce distortion.
- DMA is JL Audio’s proprietary Dynamic Motor Analysis system and is aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a long range of excursion and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. This leads to vastly reduced distortion and faithfully reproduced transients... or put simply: tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Elevated Frame-Cooling
(U.S. Patent #6,219,431)
Creates a pathway for high-velocity air to flow directly across the top-plate and onto the voice coil.
- The elevated frame design of the W1v2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Floating Cone Attach Method (FCAM)
(U.S. Patent #6,501,844)
Ensures proper surround geometry and moving parts alignment in the assembled speaker.
- This assembly technique, conceived by JL Audio, ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Surround Stress-Relief
Promotes smooth, consistent surround behavior at all excursion levels.
- Promotes smooth, consistent surround behavior at all excursion levels by providing a radius on the cone edge. By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
- Interlocking Cone & Dust Cap
Enhances mechanical integrity and cone rigidity.
- In conventional designs, the dust cap is simply glued onto the cone to cover the coil / gap area and create a seal between the enclosure and the listening environment.
- The W1v2's utilize a dust cap that is not just glued, but also interlocks with features molded into the cone body for a tight snap-fit. This creates a more rigid cone assembly and a more reliable dust cap attachment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar
(U.S. Patent #5,734,734)
Further enhances cooling by forcing air to flow across the top of the voice coil.
- The Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability.
- By reinforcing the critical junction betweeen the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes.
- The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Insert Molded Suspension / Coil / Terminal Sub-Assembly
Ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles and coil to spider perpendicularity.
- The W1v2's feature a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity.
- The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced relability and optimal alignment of parts.
- By assembling these elements off the speaker frame, we are able to ensure better glue joints and superior alignment of parts.
- The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Customizable Trim Ring
(U.S. Patent #D480,709)
This removable ring accepts optional grille mesh inserts directly and can be painted to match the installation theme.
|Free Air Resonance (Fs)|
|Electrical “Q” (Qes)|
|Mechanical “Q” (Qms)|
|Total Speaker “Q” (Qts)|
|Equivalent Compliance (Vas)|
1.783 cu. ft. / 50.46 liters
|One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax)*|
0.375 in. / 9.5 mm
|Reference Efficiency (no)|
84.53 dB SPL
|Effective Piston Area (Sd)|
53.522 sq. in. / 0.0345 sq. m.
|DC Resistance (Re)|
|Nominal Impedance (Znom)|
|Thermal Power Handling (Pt)|
0.025 cu. ft. / 0.71 liters
- Unit: 7.81 lbs
- Shipping: 12 lbs
- * Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied.
- ** Efficiency (1W/1m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer’s output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other subwoofers to determine which one is “louder”.