Sony 36" FD Trinitron WEGA Digital TV, Model KD36FS170
FD Trinitron® WEGA® Flat Screen Technology is the basis of Sony's award-winning line of visually flat televisions. The KD36FS170 FD Trinitron set delivers incredible image accuracy, wide viewing angles, outstanding contrast, and corner-to-corner detail. The visually flat FD Trintron® tube minimizes annoying glare from light sources, which enhances contrast. Detail, corner-to-corner, is rendered more accurately because images aren't distorted by a curved screen. Squares are square, straight lines appear straight, and circles are circular. It's all in the details with the KD36FS170 FD Trinitron® WEGA® Flat Screen from Sony.
- FD Trinitron® Flat CRT delivers a picture with uncompromising accuracy and outstanding image detail via a technologically advanced tube.
- Analog and Digital Receivers built-in tuners allow you to receive both analog and digital (NTSC) programming. Digital programming is available via terrestrial signals (over-the-air).
- Wide Screen Mode watch digital 16:9 (widescreen) broadcasts in their original widescreen format, or zoom to fill the 4:3 aspect ratio screen.
- YPbPr Inputs provides component video inputs for superior picture quality (480i).
- Parental Control (V-Chip) helps parents monitor what their children watch on TV by establishing rating limits.
- Clear Edge VM sharpen picture definition to give objects a crisp, clear edge (only for KD-32FS170 and KD-36 models).
- Favorite Channel enables you to set up and select from up to five of your favorite channels.
- Energy Star® meets the Energy Star® guidelines for energy efficiency.
- Front Panel Controls allows access to the on-screen menus without the use of a remote control.
- Front A/V Inputs lets you quickly connect video games, camcorders, or stereo/mono equipment.
- Program Palette Presets (Vivid/Standard/Movie/Pro)
- Component Video Input (1 Rear) achieve greater color accuracy than composite and S-Video when connecting to compatible devices (DVD players, VCRs, etc.).
- Native Resolution: 480i
- Display Resolution: 480i
- Program Palette Presets: Vivid, Standard, Movie, Pro
- Dynamic Focus Circuitry: Yes
- Magnetic Quadra Pole: Yes
- Screen or Display Technology: Trinitron® Technology
- Tuner: ATSC/8 VSB
- Video Signal System: ATSC and NTSC
- Auto White Balance: Yes
- Trinitone® Color Temperature: Yes
- Vertical Compression: Yes
- Comb Filter: 3-Line Digital Comb Filter
- Vertical Aperture Compensation: Yes
- ClearEdge VM Technology: Yes
- Screen Modes (4:3): Full, Zoom, Horizontal Expand, Vertical Expand
- Dynamic Picture Processor Circuitry: Yes
- Speakers (Total): 2
- Audio Power Output: 10W Total (5W x 2)
- Dolby® Digital: Yes
- MTS Stereo Decoder: Yes
- Audio Mute: Yes
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Screen Size: 36"1
- Tilt Correction: Yes
- XDS (Extended Data Service) Info Banner: Yes
- Auto SAP: Yes
- Channel Fix: Yes
- Closed Caption (CC): Yes
- Video Label: Yes
- Channel Label: Yes
- Channel Skip/Add: Yes
- Channel Jump: Yes
- Favorite Channel: Yes
- Speed Surf Channel Selection: Yes
- Auto Channel Programming: Yes
- Multiple Language Display: English; Spanish; French
- Programmable Timer: 2 Event
- Sleep Timer: 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, Off
- Caption Vision: Yes
- Clock: Yes
- Parental Control (V-Chip): Yes
Inputs And Outputs
- Analog Audio Input(s): 3 (1 Front/2 Rear)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr ) Input(s): 1 (Rear) 480i
- Composite Video Input(s): 2 (1 Front/1 Rear)
- RF Connection Input(s): 2 (Rear) - 1 Analog (UHF/VHF) and 1 Digital (ATSC)
- S-Video Input(s): 1 (Rear) with Detection
- Internal Power Supply: Yes
- Power Requirements: AC120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 160W, <1 W in Stand-by
Regulation and Standard Compliance
- Energy Star® Compliant: Yes
- Instruction Manual
- Remote Control (RM-YD006)
- AA Battery x 2
- Width: 38-3/4"
- Height: 30-1/2"
- Depth: 24-7/8"
- Unit: 216 lbs 8 oz
- Shipping: 220 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- Sony Electronics Inc. ("Sony") warrants this Product (including any accessories) against defect in material or workmanship, subject to any conditions set forth as follows:
- Labor: For a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, if this Product is determined to be defective, Sony will repair or replace the Product, at its option, at no charge, or pay the labor charges to any Sony authorized service facility. After the warranty period, you must pay for all labor charges.
- Parts: In addition, Sony will supply, at no charge, new or rebuilt replacements in exchange for defective parts for a period of one (1) year (color picture tube - two (2)years). After ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, labor for removal and installation is available from Sony authorized service facilities or a Sony Service Center at your expense.
Accessories: Parts and labor for all accessories are for one (1) year.
- In-home diagnostic warranty service is provided during the initial ninety (90) day period for 19" (measured diagonally) or larger screen size through a Sony authorized service facility.