Pioneer Premier 8" Shallow Mount Subwoofer - TSSW841D
Our newest line of subwoofers are designed to provide wider installation options for a broad range of vehicles. These "Shallow-Mount" Subwoofers feature multiple patent-pending features to deliver the big bass performance of a full-size subwoofer, but in a compact design that can be installed either behind or under seats depending on the type of vehicle. The mounting depth is just 2-1/2" - less than half a typical subwoofer in this class.
This 8" shallow subwoofer handles 500 watts max., 120 watts nominal power, and delivers deep bass with top-notch sound quality thanks to features like Pioneer's extremely strong and lightweight IMPP Composite Double Cone Woofer, the patent-pending M-shaped Surround, and more.
One of the new patent-pending features is called the "Air Suspension Control System". This design locks in air between the main cone and drive cone, ensuring smoother and more precise movement of the cones, for superior linearity. The locked-in air behaves like a spring, so there's no need for a traditional spider structure. The drive cone also deflects air pressure inside the enclosure, which further contributes to the remarkable bass of the small package.
The TS-SW841D subwoofer is extremely flexible for installation, able to fit almost anywhere. The available UD-SW8U Subwoofer Enclosure is designed to fit under the rear seat of many pickup trucks, and many other out-of-the-way places.
- Size 8"
- Woofer Cone Material IMPP Composite Cone
- Surround 3-Layer Fiber Woven Radial
- Voice Coil 4 Layer, Long Voice Coil
- Voice Coil Bobbin Glass Cloth
- Projected Pole Yoke with Vented Pole
- Magnet Construction Strontium
- Basket Design Cast Aluminum Basket with Fin-Shaped Design
- Gasket Rubber
- Wire Terminals Spring Compression
- Watts MAX. Music Power 500W
- Watts Nominal Power Handling 120W
- Frequency Response 30-1,500Hz
- Sensitivity 85dB
- Ohm Rating 4
- Recommended Enclosure 0.15-0.5Cubic Feet