Sony Alpha Camera Body + 18-70mm Lens DSLR-A100K, Model DSLRA100K
Enjoy the all-new Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera with an amazing all-around lens to get you started. Included in this kit is the versatile new SAL-1870 lens. This standard lens easily handles the full range of shots youll take most oftenbut theres nothing standard about its advanced optical design. In 35mm equivalent, it covers wide-angle 27mm to 105mm midrange telephoto for snapshots, portraits, interiors and morean excellent all-around lens to travel with.
The Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera is an instant classic: the top-quality 10 MP DSLR system camera that builds on a two-decade legacy of Minolta photographic leadership, accepts 20 years of A-mount lenses sold worldwideand introduces Sony® imaging innovations like high-Sensitivity shooting with Super SteadyShot® in-camera image stabilization, Dynamic Range Optimizer to automatically increase detail in bright and dark picture areas, new Anti-Dust technology to keep the CCD imager clean for better pictures, and Eye-Start® Autofocus system for faster camera response.
- Advanced Sony DSLR design
- 10 MP Resolution, APS-size CCD
- High Sensitivity (IS0 1600) for shooting without flash
- Super SteadyShot® stabilization to reduce blur
- Advanced Sony and Carl Zeiss® lens systems and accessories
- Accepts millions of Minolta A-mount lenses
- Dynamic Range Optimizer, Bionz Image Processor
- Anti-Dust Technology to keep CCD imager clean
- Eye-Start® Autofocus system to speed focusing response
- 2.51 Clear Photo LCD Plus screen for easy setup
- Lithium Ion battery with Stamina® power -- up to 750 shots2
- Superior Electronics, Amazing Simplicity:
In the revolutionary new Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera, Sony Digital technology takes you a giant step toward professional performance -- with advanced imaging, image stabilization and creative control functions, plus ease of operation that helps everyone take better Digital pictures right from the start.
- Advanced Lenses and Accessories:
The Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera is your gateway to an incredibly sophisticated array of lenses and accessories -- including precision Sony® standard and Zoom lenses, Sony® G Series lenses with advanced motorized autofocusing, amazingly bright Carl Zeiss® T* coated lenses, professional-quality flash units, and compatibility with over 16 million Maxxum®, Dynax and A-mount lenses sold worldwide.
- 10 MP APS-size CCD Imager:
A large APS-size CCD imager allows more light to pass to each Pixel, increasing Sensitivity and reducing noise -- and providing greater detail when you make big prints or crop in close on your subject.
- Super SteadyShot® Image Stabilization:
When you shoot with high Sensitivity, the shutter remains open longer -- so to compensate for shaky hands or fast-moving subjects, the Sony® Super SteadyShot® system automatically reduces image blur. And because it works in-camera, youll get the benefit of Super SteadyShot® stabilization with every lens you use.
- Sharp, Clear Photos that Preserve the Mood:
With high-Sensitivity (ISO 1600) shooting, the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera captures great photos without flash even in low light -- which makes it an ideal system camera for shooting without a tripod or in locations (like museums and churches) where flash is prohibited.
- Anti-Dust Technology:
Changing lenses in a DSLR can allow dust to enter the camera -- so to keep the CCD imager clean for better pictures, the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera utilizes both static-free anti-dust coating on the CCD filter and anti-dust vibration that automatically shakes the CCD to dislodge dust each time the camera is shut off.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer:
To recover details in dark or bright areas of the picture, the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera provides two levels of Dynamic Range Optimization: Normal DRO, to improve shadow detail using standard Gamma curves for fast shot-to-shot Response Time, or Advanced DRO, to adjust Dynamic Range area-by-area for the greatest precision.
- Bionz Image Processor:
At the heart of the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera is the advanced Bionz Image Processor, using hardware-based Large Scale Integrated (LSI) circuitry that responds ten times faster than software image processors -- improving camera Response Time, handling Dynamic Range Optimization processing and extending Stamina® battery life.
- Eye-Start® Autofocus System:
Some DSLR systems dont start focusing until the shutter button is half-pressed -- but that can slow down camera response. The Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera begins its precision autofocus adjustments the moment you bring your eye to the viewfinder, to capture fast-action subjects other cameras might blur.
- 2.51 Clear Photo LCD Plus Screen:
The Clear Photo LCD Plus design of the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 cameras built-in screen makes it easy to read camera setup menus even in bright sunlight -- and gives you a better picture when you use your screen to set up shots and check results.
- Continuous Burst Mode at 3 Frames Per Second:
To catch fast action more effectively, the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera offers continuous JPEG image capture up to the limit of your Flash Memory card -- plus RAW Burst Mode (up to 6 shots) with intelligent Buffer management to allow more shots to be captured without waiting for the Buffer to clear.
- Super-Accurate Exposure Control:
A 40-segment honeycomb sensing system provides multi-pattern measuring for superior exposure control accuracy.
- Flexible Exposure Modes:
For greater creative freedom in a wide range of shooting conditions, the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera provides full manual exposure control as well as Program Auto, Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority.
- 9-Point Auto Focus Selection:
The Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera gives you all the focusing options you need for composing your shot with foreground, background or off-center subjects -- including Manual Focus point selection, Spot AF, Continuous AF and AF Lock.
- Lithium Ion Battery with Stamina® Power:
A supplied NP-FM55H Lithium Ion rechargeable battery lets you take up to 750 shots4 on a full charge, recharges quickly with supplied battery charger.
- Dual Media Options:
The Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera accepts both CompactFlash Type I/II media and optional Memory Stick Duo media (with supplied adaptor).
- Color: Black
- White Balance: Auto plus 6 Modes (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Flash); +/-3 step adjustable Kelvin tempature control
- Self Timer: Yes (10 seconds, 2 seconds, Off)
- Burst Mode: Up to 3FPS; Unlimited to capacity of media (JPEG L/M/S); Maximum 3 frames (RAW + JPEG); Maximum 6 frames (RAW)
- Scene Mode(s): Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night View/Night Portrait
- Color Mode(s): Black & White, Standard, Vivid, Adobe RGB (Except for Adobe RGB, all other color modes use the sRGB Color Space)
- Red-Eye Reduction: Yes: On/ Off
- Movie Mode(s): N/A
- Memory Stick PRO Media Compatibility: Tested to support up to 4GB media capacity; does not support Access Control security function
- Red-Eye Reduction: On/Off (all modes)
- AF Illuminator Light: Yes, On/Off Select
- Multi-Pattern Measuring: 40 Segment, Center Weighted, Spot
- Clear RAW NR: N/A
- Histogram Display: Yes, playback
- Imaging Device: 10.2 (effective) APS CCD Sensor; 23.6 x 15.8 mm; RGB primary color filter
Inputs and Outputs
- Output(s): Video: Yes, NTSC/PAL Selectable
- USB Port(s): Yes, Supports USB 2.0 Hi-speed3
- Flash Mode(s): Manual Pop-up: Auto, Fill-flash, Rear flash Sync, Wireless off camera flash (with Flash HVL-F56AM, F36AM)
- Flash Effective Range: GN12 at ISO 100 (39 feet/ 12 meters)
- Flash Mode(s): Auto/On/Off/Rear Curtain/ Wireless
- Shutter Speed: 30 ~ 1/4000 sec 52 step, Bulb
- Exposure: Manual Exposure: Yes, w/EV indicator
- Exposure Compensation: ±2.0 EV, 1/3 EV Steps
- ISO: Auto/160/200/400/800/1600/Lo80/Hi200
- Lens Type: Interchangeable A mount
- Focus: Auto Focus: TTL Phase Detection
- Focus: Multi-point: 9 Area, 8 Line, 1 Cross Sensor
- Focus: Auto Focus Mode: Yes
- Focus: Adjustable Spot AF: Selectable Sensor
- Focus:Visual Focus Confirm: Direct via VF Matte Screen
- Exposure: Manual Exposure: Yes; Aperture/Shutter Priority, Manual
- Exposure: Program Shift: Yes, Command Dial
- Battery Type: NP-FM55 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Battery Capacity: 7.2V, 1600 mAh; CIPA standard: approx. 750 pictures4
- Chipset: Bionz Processor LSI with Optimizer (DRO/DRO+)
- LCD: 2.5-inch TFT (230k Pixels) LCD with Clear Photo design
- Microphone: No/ No
- Viewfinder: Optical: TTL, 0.83x, 95% coverage
- Supplied Software: Picture Motion Browser for Sony v1.1 (Windows), Image Data Converter SR Ver. 1.1 (Windows & Macintosh), USB Driver
- Operating System Compatibility: Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Professional, ME, XP Home and Professional; Macintosh®
OS X (v 10.3 or later). OS must be installed at the factory.
- a (alpha) DSLR-A100 Camera Body + 18-70mm Lens DSLR-A100K
- NP-FM55 Lithium-Ion Battery
- BC-VM10 Battery Charger
- Video Cable
- USB Cable Shoulder strap with eyepiece cap and Remote Commander clip
- MSAC-MCF1N MS-Duo to CF Adaptor
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Image Data Converter SR Ver.1.1/Picture Motion Browser Ver.1.1 CD-ROM
- Note: No Memory Stick media is included.
- Lightweight Tripod (VCT-1500L)
- Memory Stick Duo PRO (MSX-M256S)
- Memory Stick Duo PRO (MSX-M512S)
- Memory Stick Duo PRO (MSX-M1GST)
- Memory Stick Duo PRO (MSXM-2GS)
- Memory Stick Duo PRO (MSX-4GS)
- External Flash (HVL-F56AM)
- External Flash (HVL-F36AM)
- M Series Lithium Battery (NP-FM55)
- Width: 5-1/4" (133mm)
- Height: 3-3/4" (95mm)
- Depth: 2-7/8" (71mm)
- Net: 1 lb., 3 oz (545 g) body, not including battery, lens and media
- Shipping: 6 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts & Labor
- 4 Year Extended Service Warranty:Click here for details
Manufacturer Model Number: DSLR-A100K
- Viewable area, measured diagonally.
- Actual results may vary based on product settings, usage patterns and environmental conditions.
- Not all products with USB connectors may communicate with each other due to chip-set variations
- Under average conditions; when fully charged, actual results may vary based on camera settings and conditions of use.
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Non-metric weights and measurements are approximate.