Netgear ProSafe 16 Port Gigabit Desktop Switch, Model GS116NA
- High-speed, auto-switching 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet connection
- Integrates 10, 100, & 1000 Mbps devices within a network
- Silently delivers up to 2000 Mbps on each port
- Honors Layer 2 802.1p traffic priority tags
- Space-saving desktop dimensions
- Power Up Your Small Network to Gigabit Speeds
Now you can have a powerful, high-speed network on a small scale. NETGEAR’s ProSafe GS116 Gigabit Ethernet Switch lets you build a system that provides a full, dedicated 1000 Mbps connections so you can move very large files across your network instantly. The standards- based GS116 helps to protect your existing and future network infrastructure investments by painlessly integrating other 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps devices. This potent switch is ideal for workgroups or quickly upgrading workstations to full Gigabit speed, plus it's packed with ease-of-use features to simplify your workday experience. It's compact design fits neatly into small work spaces and, since it's self-cooling without a fan, it runs silently and unobtrusively.
Moves huge files fast! Features 16 high-speed, auto-switching 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet connections. And because Copper Gigabit Ethernet is a full duplex standard, you can get up to 2000 Mbps on each port. The GS116 supports Jumbo Frames up to 9,000 Bytes for extra large transfers.
Integrates 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps devices on the same network and will honor Layer 2 802.1p and Layer 3 DSCP traffic priority tags. Every port automatically senses the right speed and full/ half duplex mode, while Auto UplinkTM technology automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables.
LEDs embedded in each of the 16 RJ-45 jacks make for easy monitoring. Space-saving dimensions are ideal for desktop or wall mounting in home, small office, workgroups, departments and conference room environments. Its durable metal case has no fan for silent operation. Compatible with PC, Macintosh, Unix, or Linux operating systems.
Providing plug-&-play simplicity with exceptional performance and reliability, the GS116 is a cost effective solution for your growing network. This switch is made to last and NETGEAR backs it with a solid warranty: switch - 5 years, power supply - 2 years.
- 16 RJ-45 auto-sensing UTP ports
- Bandwidth: 32 Gbps (non-blocking)
- Forward rate (10 Mbps port): 14,800 packet per sec
- Forward rate (100 Mbps port): 148,000 packet per sec
- Forward rate (1000 Mbps port): 1,488,000 packet per sec
- Latency (100 to 100 Mbps): 40 µs (max)
- Latency (1000 to 1000 Mbps): 10 µs (max)
- Queue Buffer Memory: 512 Kbytes per port
- MAC addresses: 8,000 ·
- Acoustic Noise: 0 dB
- Heat Dissipation: 38.8 BTU/hr
- 18 W max and 12 V @ 15 A DC input
- Power, activity and link indicators for each port
- Link and speed indicators built into each RJ-45 port
- Operating temperature: 0 to 40º C (32 to 104° F)
- Operating humidity: 10% to 90% noncondensing
Safety Agency Approvals
- CE Mark,
- Commercial UL listed (UL 1950)
- CE mark, commercial
- FCC Part 15 Class A
- EN 55022 (CISPR 22)
- Class A VCCI
- Class A C-Tick
- IEEE 802.3i 10BASE-T Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet
- Honors 802.1p priority tags
- Honors DSCP priority tags
- UTP Category 5 or better cables
- Network card for each PC or server (e.g. GA311)
- Network software (e.g., Windows, Linux®, Mac OS)
- ProSafe 6 Port Gigabit Desktop Switch GS116
- Wall-mount kit
- AC adapter
- Installation guide
- Warranty/Support information card
- Height: 1.06"
- Width: 11.22"
- Depth: 4.06"
- Unit: 2 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty(authorized online retailer): 5 years for switch and 2 years for power supply