JL Audio 12" Subwoofer Driver - 12W3V34
W3v3 Subwoofer Drivers
Clearly the best sounding W3's yet, these subwoofers feature DMA-optimized, long linear excursion capability to minimize distortion and increase output. W3v3's are available in single 2 ohm, 4 ohm and 8 ohm versions and are superb performers at medium power levels in compact sealed or ported enclosures.
Multiple patented technologies enhance performance and reliability. As with JL Audio’s flagship drivers, development was guided by JL Audio’s proprietary DMA (Dynamic Motor Analysis) modeling system to deliver outstanding dynamic stability and low-distortion operation within their intended power envelope.
A mineral-filled polypropylene upper cone body with a metallic JL Audio logo medallion provides a classy new look, while a removable (and customizable) mounting flange trim ring receives grille-mesh inserts directly, without the need for additional grille hardware. (Grille mesh inserts are sold separately.)
- DMA Optimized Motor System
- Elevated Frame-Cooling
- Vented Reinforcement Collar
- Floating Cone Attach Method (FCAM™)
- Insert Molded Suspension / Coil / Terminal Sub-Assembly
- Surround Stress-Relief
- Customizable Trim Ring
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 26.72 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes): 0.472
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms): 7.572
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts): 0.444
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 2.844 cu. ft. / 80.54 liters
- One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 0.510 in. / 13.0 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.313%
- Efficiency (1W/1m)**: 87.15 dB SPL 87.15 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 80.600 sq. in. / 0.0520 sq. m.
- DC Resistance (Re): 3.563 ohm
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4 ohm
- Thermal Power Handling (Pt): 300W
- Driver Displacement: 0.071 cu. ft. / 2.01 liters
- Unit: 14.50 lbs.
- Shipping: 20 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited Parts And Labor
* Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied.
** Efficiency (1W/1m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer’s output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other subwoofers to determine which one is “louder”.