Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 Camera Body, Model DSLRA100
The Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera is an instant classic: the top-quality 10 MP DSLR system camera that builds on a two-decade legacy of Minolta photographic leadership, accepts 20 years of A-mount lenses sold worldwideand introduces Sony® imaging innovations like high-sensitivity shooting with Super SteadyShot® in-camera image stabilization, Dynamic Range Optimizer to automatically increase detail in bright and dark picture areas, new Anti-Dust technology to keep the CCD imager clean for better pictures, and Eye-Start® Autofocus system for faster camera response.
- The Rebirth of a Legend.
In the revolutionary new Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera, Sonys mastery of digital technology combines with Minoltas legendary SLR technology -- including autofocus and anti-shake compatibility with over 20 years of A-mount lenses sold worldwide.
- Advanced Lenses and Accessories.
The Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera is your gateway to one of the worlds most sophisticated camera systems, including precision Sony® standard and zoom lenses, Sony® G Series lenses with advanced motorized autofocusing, amazingly bright Carl Zeiss® T* coated lenses, professional-quality flash units and more.
- 10.2 MP CCD
A large, 23.6 x 15.8 mm APS-C-size CCD imager with Sonys advanced design allows more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity and reducing noise -- and providing greater detail when you make big prints or crop in close on your subject.
- Super SteadyShot®
When you shoot in low light, the shutter remains open longer -- so to compensate for shaky hands or fast-moving subjects, the Sony® Super SteadyShot® system automatically reduces image blur. And because it works in-camera, youll get the benefit of Super SteadyShot® stabilization with every lens you use.
- Sharp, Clear Photos That Preserve the Mood
With high-sensitivity (ISO 1600) shooting, the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera captures great photos without flash even in low light -- which makes it an ideal system camera for shooting without a tripod or in locations (like museums and churches) where flash is prohibited.
- Anti-Dust Technology
Changing lenses in a DSLR can allow dust to enter the camera -- so to keep the CCD imager clean for better pictures, the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera utilizes both static-free anti-dust coating on the CCD filter and anti-dust vibration that automatically shakes the CCD to dislodge dust each time the camera is shut off.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer
To recover details in dark or bright areas of the picture, the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera provides two levels of Dynamic Range Optimization: Normal DRO, to improve shadow detail using standard gamma curves for fast shot-to-shot response time, or Advanced DRO, to adjust dynamic range area-by-area for the greatest precision.
- Bionz Image Processor
At the heart of the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera is the advanced Bionz Image Processor, using hardware-based Large Scale Integrated (LSI) circuitry that responds ten times faster than software image processors -- improving camera response time, handling Dynamic Range Optimization processing and extending Stamina® battery life.
- Eye-Start® Autofocus System
Some DSLR systems dont start focusing until the shutter button is half-pressed -- but that can slow down camera response. The Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera begins its precision autofocus adjustments the moment you bring your eye to the viewfinder, to capture fast-action subjects other cameras might miss.
- 2.5 1 Clear Photo LCD Plus Screen
The Clear Photo LCD Plus design of the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 cameras built-in screen makes it easy to read camera setup menus even in bright sunlight -- and gives you a better picture when you use your screen to set up shots and check results.
- Continuous Burst Mode at 3 Frames Per Second
To catch fast action more effectively, the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera offers continuous JPEG image capture up to the limit of your flash memory card -- plus RAW Burst Mode (up to 6 shots) with intelligent buffer management to allow more shots to be captured without waiting for the buffer to clear.
- Super-Accurate Exposure Control
A 40-segment honeycomb sensing system provides multi-pattern measuring for superior exposure control accuracy.
- Flexible Exposure Modes
For greater creative freedom in a wide range of shooting conditions, the Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera provides full manual exposure control as well as Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Exposure Compensation modes.
- 9-Point Auto Focus Selection
The Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera gives you all the focusing options you need for composing your shot with foreground, background or off-center subjects -- including manual focus point selection, Spot AF, Continuous AF and AF Lock.
- Lithium Ion Battery with Stamina® Power
Based on CIPA standard, a supplied NP-FM55H Lithium Ion rechargeable battery lets you take up to 750 shots2 on a full charge, recharges quickly with supplied battery charger.
- Dual Media Options
The Sony® a (alpha) DSLR-A100 camera accepts both optional CompactFlash Type I/II media and Memory Stick Duo media (with supplied adaptor).
- Imaging Device: 10.2 (effective) APC CCD Sensor; 23.6 x 15.8 mm; RGB primary color filter
- Chipset: Bionz Processor LSI with Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO/DRO+)
- Recording Media: Memory Stick® Duo/Memory Stick PRO Duo media (via MSAC-MCF1N adaptor); CompactFlash Type I/ CompactFlash Type II / media
- Shutter Speed: 30 ~ 1/4000 sec, with Bulb
- Exposure: Manual Exposure: Yes, w/EV indicator
- EV Compensation: ±2.0 EV, 1/3 EV Steps
- ISO: Auto/100/200/400/800/1600/Lo80/Hi200
- LCD: 2.5-inch (measured diagonally) TFT (230k pixels) LCD with Clear Photo LCD Plus design
- Histogram: Yes, Playback
- Microphone/Speaker: No/ No
- Red-Eye Reduction: Yes: On/ Off
- White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Flash ( with custom White Balance color temperature adjustments)
- Burst Mode: Continuous burst mode at 3 FPS to limit of media; Up to 6 RAW images in burst.
- Color Mode(s): Black & White, Standard, Vivid, Adobe RGB (Except for Adobe RGB, all other color modes use the sRGB color space)
- Scene Modes: Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night View/Night Portrait
- Self Timer: Yes (10 seconds, 2 seconds, Off)
- Still Image Mode(s): Normal (JPEG Fine/Standard), High-speed Burst (JPEG, RAW, RAW + JPEG), RAW (.ARW)
- Memory Stick® Duo/Memory Stick PRO Duo Media Compatibility: Tested to support up to 4GB media capacity; does not support Access Control security function
- Flash Modes: Manual Pop-up: Auto, Fill-flash, Rear flash sync, Wireless off camera flash (with Flash HVL-F56AM, F36AM)
- Flash Effective Range: GN12 at ISO 100 (39 feet/ 12 meters)
- Output(s): Video: Yes, NTSC/PAL Selectable
- USB Port(s): Yes, Supports USB 2.0 Hi-speed
- Battery Type: NP-FM55 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Battery Capacity: 7.2V, 1600 mAh; CIPA standard: approx. 750 pictures
- Supplied Software: Picture Motion Browser for Sony v1.1 (Windows), Image Data Converter SR Ver. 1.1 (Windows & Macintosh), USB Driver
- Operating System Compatibility: Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Professional, ME, XP Home and Professional; Macintosh®
OS X (v 10.3 or later). OS must be installed at the factory.
- NP-FM55 Lithium-Ion Battery
- BC-VM10 Battery Charger
- Video Cable
- USB Cable
- Shoulder strap with eyepiece cap and Remote Commander clip
- MSAC-MCF1N MS-Duo to CF Adaptor
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Image Data Converter SR Ver.1.1/Picture Motion Browser Ver.1.1 CD-ROM
NOTE: No Memory Stick media or adapters are included.
- Width: 5-1/4" (133mm)
- Height: 3-3/4" (95mm)
- Depth: 2-7/8" (71mm)
- Net: 1 lb., 3 oz (545 g) body, not including battery, lens and media
- Shipping: 6 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts & Labor
- 4 Year Extended Service Warranty:Click here for details
Manufactures Model Number: DSLR-A100
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.