Apple 4GB Green 2nd Generation iPod Nano, Model MA487LLA
- Look like a rock star
Your music says a lot about you. So should your iPod nano. A super-slim design says you always have room for music — up to 2,000 songs, in fact. Durable anodized aluminum says you won’t let the rough and tumble of everyday life ruin your groove. And one of five colors says whatever you want. Choose your hue and make a statement.
- Carry a tune (or 2,000)
Choose a 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB iPod nano and add a soundtrack to your life. Just use iTunes to import your CDs, shop for 99¢ songs on the iTunes Store, then sync them to iPod nano. Possibly the world’s coolest photo album, iPod nano holds up to 25,000 snapshots.(2) iPod nano plays audiobooks and podcasts from the iTunes Store, too.
- Play more encores
Imagine what you could do in a day. Fly around the world. Watch two sunsets. Listen to your iPod nano. Up to 24 hours of battery life(3) means the hits just keep on coming. Whether you’re exercising, commuting, or rocking a road trip, iPod nano may just outplay you.
- Light up the stage
While it can't stop the rain, iPod nano might make your day a bit brighter. 40% brighter, to be exact. Album art pops and slideshows stun on the iPod nano’s dazzling display. That means everything looks as good as it sounds.
- Go on tour
Add accessories and your music stays with you at home and on the go. Of course, iPod nano itself makes a great accessory. Wear up to 2,000 songs around your neck. Run with up to five days of skip-free music on your arm. Get an iPod nano to match your Nike+ shoes. iPod nano is the new black (and pink and blue and green and silver).
Only 0.26 of an inch thin and 1.41 ounces light, iPod nano packs a lot into its diminutive design. Up to 24 hours of battery life. 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB of storage. A brighter color display. A dock connector that fits an entire ecosystem of iPod accessories. With features like these, iPod nano changes the way you experience your music and more. Click on a feature to see it on the iPod nano display, then read about it here.
Finding and playing music on iPod nano is simple. Menu options let you browse by artist, composer, album, song, genre, or playlist. Want to mix things up? Click Shuffle Songs. iPod nano makes your music look as good as it sounds, thanks to a 1.5-inch color display. Album art appears alongside your song titles, so you see your music as you play it. And when you dare to wear iPod nano, that display guarantees you’ll say a lot without saying a word.
The iTunes Store features thousands of free podcasts — radio-type shows you subscribe to — including indie favorites and offerings from such big names as ABC News, Comedy Central, ESPN, PBS, NPR, and many more. Browse and subscribe to podcasts, then sync them to your iPod nano and listen anytime, anywhere. Podcasts appear in their own menu on your iPod nano, so you can navigate them easily.
The digital shelves of the iTunes Store are stocked with thousands of audiobooks — including such exclusives as the entire Harry Potter series — so you can catch up on your reading wherever iPod nano takes you. Browse audiobooks in their own menu on your iPod nano. iPod nano automatically recognizes where you left off reading and bookmarks your place. You can even change the reading speed to suit you.
iPod nano holds up to 25,000 photos(3) you can sync from your Mac or Windows PC via iTunes. Use the Click Wheel to scroll through photo thumbnails the same way you scroll through song titles. To see a photo full-screen, click the center button. You can even view photo slideshows, complete with music. Just select Slideshow Settings and choose the time between slides, the transition effect, and the music.
Calendars, contacts, and the World Clock appear in the Extras menu, along with a few more handy items. Take the Screen Lock, for example. Spin the Click Wheel to choose a four-digit combination and protect your iPod nano from prying eyes. If you forget your combination, you can reset it at your next sync. Or use the built-in Stopwatch to log your best times. When it’s finally time to play, iPod nano features four fun games: Music Quiz, Solitaire, Brick, and Parachute.
Customize menus, check capacity, change your language, change how your iPod nano sounds and more, all from the Settings menu. Click About to see how many songs are on your iPod nano and how much capacity you have left. Click Main Menu to select what items appear in your Main Menu. Tweak the built-in equalizer. Or set a maximum volume limit. Everything you need — from backlight timer to audiobook speed — appears in the Settings menu.
Sync with iTunes:
- Always in tune
iPod nano and iTunes work so well together because they’re made for each other. From download to sync, you never miss a beat. Simply download music, audiobooks, and free podcasts from the integrated iTunes Store or import music from your CDs. The moment you connect iPod nano to your Mac or Windows PC, iTunes updates everything you’ve added since your last sync — every song, every podcast, every audiobook.
- Sync and say
If you have more in your iTunes library than will fit on your iPod nano, not to worry. iTunes will create a playlist that fits your style — and your iPod nano’s capacity. If you’d rather hand-pick what goes onto your iPod nano, feel free. Just drag and drop exactly what you want from your iTunes library onto iPod nano and go.
- All docked out
The handy dock connector on the bottom of iPod nano lets you connect it to your computer, recharge the battery, and sync files fast via the included USB cable. Or leave the optional iPod nano Dock connected to your Mac or PC. Then, when you’re ready to charge or sync, just dock your iPod nano and iTunes automatically gets to work. You can also connect the dock to a stereo system or pair of powered speakers.
- Snapshots on schedule
iPod nano holds a lot more than music. Import photos from iPhoto on a Mac or Adobe Photoshop Elements or Adobe Album on a Windows PC. Update your Address Book and iCal on the Mac or Outlook or Outlook Express on the PC. iTunes syncs up to 25,000 photos and all your contacts and calendars to iPod nano. Just like that.
- Holds up to 1,000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format(2)
- Holds up to 25,000 iPod nano-viewable photos(3)
- Stores data via USB flash drive
- 1.5-inch (diagonal) liquid crystal display with blue-white LED backlight
- 176-by-132-pixel resolution, .168-mm dot pitch
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- Skip-free playback
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Impedance: 32 ohms
Mac System Requirements
- Macintosh computer with USB 2.0 port
- Mac OS X v10.3.9 or later
- iTunes 7 or later(4)
Windows System Requirements
- PC with USB 2.0
- Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 or later, or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
- iTunes 7 or later(4)
- Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish
- Additional language support for display of song, album, and artist information: Bulgarian, Croatian, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, and Ukrainian
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
Input and Output
- Dock connector
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
Power and Battery
- Built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Music playback time: Up to 24 hours when fully charged(3)
- Photo slideshow with music viewing time: Up to 5 hours when fully charged(3)
- Charging via USB or FireWire to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
- Fast-charge time: about 1.5 hours (charges up to 80% of battery capacity)
- Full-charge time: about 3 hours
What's In the Box:
- iPod nano
- USB 2.0 cable
- Dock adapter
- Quick Start guide
- Height: 3.5"
- Width: 1.6"
- Depth: 0.26"
- Unit: 1.41 oz
- Shipping: 2 lbs
Your iPod comes with single incident telephone support for the first 90 days and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPod to extend your service and support to two full years. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-certified technicians using genuine Apple parts.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Song capacity is based on 4 minutes per song and 128-Kbps AAC encoding; actual capacity varies by content.
- Photo capacity is based on iPod-viewable photos transferred from iTunes.
- iPod and iTunes are for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.
- Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings.
Manufactures Model Number: MA487LL/A