Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Black Router, Model WRT54G
The Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router is really three devices in one box. First, there's the Wireless Access Point, which lets you connect both screaming fast Wireless-G (802.11g at 54Mbps) and Wireless-B (802.11b at 11Mbps) devices to the network. There's also a built-in 4- port full-duplex 10/100 Switch to connect your wired-Ethernet devices together. Connect four PCs directly, or attach more hubs and switches to create as big a network as you need. Finally, the Router function ties it all together and lets your whole network share a highspeed cable or DSL Internet connection. Once your computers are connected to the Router and the Internet, they can communicate with each other too, sharing resources and files. All your computers can print on a shared printer connected anywhere in the house. And your computers can share all kinds of files -- music, digital pictures, and documents. Keep all your digital music on one computer, and listen to it anywhere in the house. Organize all of your family's digital pictures in one place, to simplify finding the ones you want, and easing backup to CD-R. Utilize extra free space on one computer when another's hard drive starts to fill up. The new push button setup feature makes it easy to configure your wireless devices. Just push the button on the router and on your other SecureEasySetup-enabled wireless device to automatically create an encryption secured wireless connection. Wi-Fi Protected Access2 (WPA2) protects your data and privacy with up to 128-bit industrial-strength encryption. The Router can serve as a DHCP Server, has a powerful SPI firewall to protect your PCs against intruders and most known Internet attacks, supports VPN pass-through, and can be configured to filter internal users' access to the Internet. Advanced configuration is a snap with the web browser-based interface.
- All-in-one Internet-sharing Router, 4-port Switch, and Wireless-G (802.11g) Access Point
- Shares a single Internet connection and other resources with Ethernet wired and Wireless-G clients
- Wireless data rates up to 54Mbps -- 5 times as fast as Wireless-B (802.11b), but also interoperable with Wireless-B devices (at 11Mbps)
- Advanced security: Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), wireless MAC address filtering, powerful SPI firewall
- Standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
- 11 Channels (US, Canada)
- 13 Channels (Europe and Japan)
- Internet: One 10/100 RJ-45 Port
- LAN: Four 10/100 RJ-45 Switched Ports
- One Power Port
- One Reset Button
- One SES Button
- Cabling: Type UTP CAT 5
- LEDs: Power, DMZ, WLAN, LAN (1, 2, 3, 4), Internet
- RF Power Output: 18 dBm
- UPnP able/cert: able
- Security features: Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) Firewall, Internet Policy
- Wireless Security: Wi-Fi Protected Access2 (WPA2), WEP,
Wireless MAC Filtering
- Power: External, 12V DC, 0.5A
- Certifications: FCC, IC-03, CE, Wi-Fi (802.11b, 802.11g), WPA2, WMM
- Operating Temp.: 32ºF to 104F (0ºC to 40ºC)
- Storage Temp.: -4ºF to 158ºF (-20ºC to 70ºC)
- Operating Humidity: 10~85% Non-condensing
- Storage Humidity: 5~90% Non-condensing
- Width: 7.32"
- Height: 1.89"
- Depth: 7.87"
- Unit: 1.06 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.