Bang & Olufsen Silver BeoVision 9 50" Plasma HDTV - 1805237
Have you noticed how some people take possession of any room they enter, just on the strength of their personality? If any TV can do that, it has to be the BeoVision 9. The diamond-cut square frame exudes subtle control and enormous potential. The 50-inch plasma screen is produced to the highest Bang & Olufsen standards, and below the surface the advanced VisionClear picture correction engine tunes every single image to perfection. The foundation for great sound is laid with the integrated Acoustic Lens mono center speaker and advanced, upgradeable digital surround sound processors. When you add your favorite BeoLab speakers, BeoVision 9 delivers exceptional audio performance for everything from tense court-room dramas to epic cloak-and-daggers. It even allows you to switch between two individual surround setups, using any combination of the same speakers.
There is more within the exquisite aluminum frame of BeoVision 9 than meets the eye. Hidden compartments within the cabinet can hold options like a BeoMedia 1 for all your digital media needs and a Digital Television receiver specific to the signals in your region. The cabinet also doubles as an intelligent motorized floor stand that remembers your favorite viewing angle. Around the back are sockets for a slew of connections; tidily hidden behind a panel, yet easy to get to when you need them. Everything is controlled with your Beo4 remote control, including the built-in Peripheral Unit Controller for your set-top boxes and the Home Automation system that gives you control over lighting, projectors and motorized screens. When you want to listen to CDs or experience DVD movies, use your BeoCenter 2, which can be placed next to your seating area or indeed anywhere in the house. It is the perfect companion for your BeoLab and BeoVision setup.
Motion Picture Road
For decades, Bang & Olufsen has produced some of the best television sets in the world: In the digital age, the company continues to head the field in technological innovations to bring you the best screen possible, regardless of source material or surroundings. BeoVision 9 is based entirely on the new BeoSystem 3 platform, thus incorporating the same picture quality features. New sensor technology measures light at even lower intensities, enhancing the sensitivity and precision of the Automatic Picture Control. Dynamic Contrast means that the system monitors and selectively evaluates every frame of the actual picture content for contrast enhancement. The picture engine has a special film mode capability, which preserves the original look of the movie you are watching, ensuring richer detail in moving pictures and wide panning shots. When you watch other sources, such as games or analogue or digital TV, the engine recognizes and compensates for the specific imperfections inherent in the source – in order to provide you with the optimal picture at all times.
Surround Sound Boulevard
Seven channels of sound can surround you, and dual subwoofers can shake you, but it is the center channel that really moves you. The integrated center loudspeaker of BeoVision 9 is based on the acoustic concept of BeoLab 7-4. The Acoustic Lens, centered just beneath the screen as a visual emphasis of refinement, ensures an experience of tonal clarity in the horizontal plane. Voices – normally dominant in the centre channel of a surround setup – sound extremely authentic, regardless of where you are seated. A television like BeoVision 9 deserves the best speakers. The center speaker is a given, as it is integrated into the cabinet, but Bang & Olufsen decided that built-in stereo speakers could never do the system justice. Consequently, BeoVision 9 comes without front stereo speakers (or back or side channel speakers, for that matter), giving you the freedom to assemble your favorite surround speaker set-up from the entire BeoLab range. The performance is nothing short of spectacular with powerful front speakers like BeoLab 5 or perhaps two BeoLab 2 subwoofers and up to 10 smaller speakers.
It is only natural to have more than one screen in a large room, in different places, fulfilling different needs. Now surround sound finally has the flexibility to keep up. You may want to combine BeoVision 9 with a second TV on a wall near the kitchen area. Or perhaps you want a big projection screen, so you can quickly transform the other end of the living room into a home cinema for a larger group of people. In any case, the built-in digital surround sound engine is up to the challenge. Any connected BeoLab speaker can be assigned any surround sound role with a few clicks of the remote. For instance, the TV's front left speaker can become the projector screen's front right in a 90 degree setup – or you might have two sets of front speakers at either end of a long room and re-assign the shared back speakers from 5.1 surround to a reversed 7.2. You can go through an entire Post-It pad sketching out all the possible combinations.
- DESIGN David Lewis
- PIXEL COUNT 1920 x 1080p Full HD
- Contrast ratio 3000:1
- REMOTE CONTROL INCLUDED Beo4
- MAINS VOLTAGE RANGE 100-120V, 50/60 Hz
- POWER CONSUMPTION T ypically 425 watt / stand-by 28.6watt
- PICTURE: 16:9, 50¡± plasma display panel, WXGA, HDTV ready in combination with BeoSystem 3
- HD Ready Y es
- PICTURE AND PICTURE/TEKST Y es
- PLAY TIMER Y es
- VIDEO TECHNOLOGY Motion compensated progressive scan
- OPERATION CONDITIONS Temperature: 32 . 95¢ª F, Humidity: 20 . 80%, Min. outside air pressure: 22 inHg
- TV SYSTEM: According to type and setup: NTS C ATS C with included tuner
- TUNING 99 programmes, autotune, programme move and automatic naming
- VIEWING ANGLE 160¡Æ
- TUNING RANGE Cable TV 1-125, Off Air TV 2-69
- STEREO SYSTEM BTSC Stereo, SAP
- SUROUND SOUND SYSTEMS Dolby¢ç Digital 5.1/6.1 EX, Dolby 7.1 EX,
- Dolby¢ç Pro Logic ll/llx, DTS 5.1. DTS ES 6.1, DTS Neo:6,
- LOUDSPEAKER: Center Speaker
- POWER AMPLIFIERS 2 x 250 watts, Class D, ICEpower¢ç
- EFFECTIVE FREQUENCY RANGE 45 . 20,000 Hz
- CABINET PRINCIPLE Closed box
- MAGNETIC LEAKAGE N ot shielded
- WOOFER / TWEETER 5 in / 3/4 in
- CABINET VOLUME 275 in3
- BAS EQUALISER A daptive Bass Linearisation (ABL)
- MEDIA FUNCTIONS N .Music, N.Radio, Photo, WEB
- AERIAL INPUTS 1 x F-con
- AV1-6 (Inputs) 6 x CVBS, 2 x Y/C, 3 x RGB, 2 x component, 4 x HDMI, 1 x VGA, 6 x L/R, 6 x SPDIF(Coax)
- AV1-2 (RECORD OUT) 2 x CVBS, 2 x L/R
- FRONT PROJECTOR OUTPUT 1 x DVI-D
- CINEMA D-sub 9 pin, 2 x outputs for control of external functions
- STEREO HEADPHONES 1 x Mini jack
- LOUDSPEAKER OUTPUTS 6 x Powerlink
- IR CONTROL OUTPUTS 7 x Mini jack
- BEOLINK ML Connector
- USB 2 x USB
- INTERNET Ethernet 10/100Mb
- Height: 48.4"
- Width: 50"
- Depth: 22.4"
- Unit: 271.2 lbs
- Shipping: 300 lbs