Apple MB189LL/A 160 GB Apple TV, Model MB189LLA
Your computer is the center of your digital life. Your TV is the center of your entertainment life. But what if you want to watch movies, TV shows, movie trailers, podcasts, and photos from your computer on your TV? Apple TV brings iTunes to the big screen.
The revolution will be televised.
Say you’ve just downloaded Cars from iTunes. Instead of huddling around your computer to watch, you pop some popcorn while your computer wirelessly your new flick to Apple TV. Then you pull up a seat, put up your feet, and pick up the included Apple Remote to play your movie on TV. Give yourself a hand: You've just changed the way you watch digital media.
iTunes to Apple TV, wire free.
Apple TV to your TV via an HDMI port or component video and audio ports. Its built-in, superfast 802.11 wireless capability syncs your iTunes library from any Mac or PC in the house. Best of all, what's on Apple TV stays in sync: Anytime you change your library in iTunes, it changes on Apple TV — wirelessly, automatically.
What’s on TV? Whatever you want.
Apple TV puts your — movies, TV shows, music, and podcasts — plus movie trailers from Apple.com on your TV. And your digital photos from iPhoto on a Mac or Adobe Photoshop Elements or Adobe Album on a Windows PC appear in high definition, so you can put on a stunning big-screen slideshow.
Any time is prime time
Now there’s always something good on TV. With Apple TV, you can enjoy movies, TV shows, music, and podcasts in your iTunes library, plus photos and movie trailers, on your widescreen TV — wirelessly, from your Mac or PC. And beginning in June, you’ll be able to watch YouTube videos, too. Apple TV is now available with either a 40GB or 160GB hard drive.
How it works
Ready to be entertained? Any time day or night, simply download what you want to watch or listen to from among millions of choices on the iTunes Store. Then let Apple TV do the rest.
Apple TV automatically grabs the digital media on your computer and makes it available for you to enjoy on your TV. Best of all, whenever you add something new in iTunes, Apple TV updates automatically.
Thanks to the intuitive interface, finding what you want to watch is as easy as navigating a few simple menu items using the included Apple Remote. Just a few clicks and you'll be enjoying all your favorites from the comfort of your couch.
- Built-in universal 48-watt power supply
Processor and Storage
- Intel processor
- 160GB hard drive2 for storing content locally
- Up to 200 hours of movies and TV shows3
- Up to 36,000 songs4
- Up to 25,000 pictures5
- Widescreen (16:9) enhanced definition or high definition television with an HDMI, DVI, or component video input
- Wired or wireless network
- iTunes 7.1 (available as a free download)
- Broadband Internet connection (fees may apply)
- Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v10.3.9 or later; or PC with Windows XP Home or Professional (SP2).
Ports and Interfaces
- HDMI (video and audio)
- Component video
- TOSLINK optical audio
- Analog RCA stereo audio
- 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet
- USB 2.0 (for service and diagnostics)
- 802.11n wireless networking6 (compatible with 802.11a/b/g)
- Built-in IR receiver (works with included Apple Remote)
- Operating temperature: 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 185° F (-40° to 85° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
Video Formats Supported
- H.264 and protected H.264 (from iTunes Store):
- Up to 5 Mbps, Progressive Main Profile (CAVLC) with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps (maximum resolution: 1280 by 720 pixels at 24 fps, 960 by 540 pixels at 30 fps)
- iTunes Store purchased video: 320 by 240 pixels or 640 by 480 pixels
- Up to 3 Mbps, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps (maximum resolution: 720 by 432 pixels at 30 fps)
Audio Formats Supported
- AAC (16 to 320 Kbps); protected AAC (from iTunes Store); MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps); MP3 VBR; Apple Lossless; AIFF; WAV
Photo Formats Supported
- JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PNG
- Enhanced-definition or high-definition widescreen TVs capable of 1080i 60/50Hz, 720p 60/50Hz, 576p 50Hz (PAL format), or 480p 60Hz
- Apple TV
- Apple Remote
- Power cord
- Quick Start guide
- Width: 7.7" (197mm)
- Height: 1.1" (28 mm)
- Depth: 7.7" (197mm)
- Unit: 2.4 lbs (1.09 kg)1
- Shipping: 5 lbs
Download Files (.pdf):
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Video capacity based on H.264 1.5-Mbps video at 640-by-480-pixel resolution combined with 128-Kbps audio. Actual capacity varies by content.
- Music capacity based on 4 minutes per song and 128-Kbps AAC encoding. Actual capacity varies by content.
- Photo capacity based on Apple TV-viewable photos transferred from iTunes.
- Based on an IEEE 802.11n draft specification. about the 802.11n draft specification.
Manufacturer Model Number: MB189LL/A Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.