Linksys Wireless N Access Point - WAP4400N
High-Speed Wireless Access for Existing Networks!
With the growth in high bandwidth applications, such as storage and video in the work place, network performance is essential. Wireless technology is no longer lagging behind wired performance. The introduction of the Linksys Business Series WAP4400N Wireless-N Access Point answers the growing business need for access, speed, and security.
The Access Point uses the very latest wireless networking technology, Wireless-N (draft 802.11n). By overlaying the signals of multiple radios, Wireless-Ns Multiple In, Multiple Out (MIMO) technology multiplies the effective data rate. Unlike ordinary
wireless networking technologies that are confused by signal reflections, MIMO actually uses these reflections to increase the range and reduce dead spots in the wireless coverage area.
The Linksys Wireless-N Access Point lets you connect Wireless-N (802.11n), Wireless-G (802.11g) or Wireless-B (802.11b) devices to your wired network so you can add PCs to the network with no cabling hassle. Power over Ethernet (PoE) support makes the Access Point easy to install -- you can mount the Access Point anywhere, even without ready access to a power plug. With appropriate PoE support at the other end, you only need to run one cable to the Access Point to deliver both data and power. Of course, you can also use the included AC adapter if your installation point has power available nearby.
Moreover, the integrated Quality of Service (QoS) features provide consistent voice and video quality on both the wired and wireless networks, enabling the deployment of business quality VoIP and video applications.
To protect your data and privacy, the Linksys Wireless-N Access Point supports both Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and the industrial-strength wireless security of Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), encoding all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption. With the MAC address filter with advanced logging feature, you both control and stay apprised of who accesses your wireless network. Configuration is a snap with the web browser-based configuration utility.
The Linksys Wireless-N Access Point with Power Over Ethernet is the best way to add wireless access to your existing business network.
- Draft 802.11n wireless networking delivers greater throughput and extended range, maximizing the number of wireless clients per access point for your small business
- Full backwards compatibility for 802.11b and 802.11g
- Easy installation and configuration web interface
- Supports WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA2-ENT, WPA-ENT authentication (802.11i ready)
- Adjustable dipole antennas with MIMO 2x3 diversity
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface
- Supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) or external DC power
- Supports SNMP and intuitive web-based interface
- WMM wireless QoS support - upgradeable to 802.11e
- Wireless-N Access Point with PoE
- User Guide on CD-ROM
- Ethernet Network Cable
- Power Adapter
- Product Stands
- Registration Card
- Standards Draft IEEE802.11n, IEEE802.11g, IEEE802.11b, IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, IEEE802.3af (Power over Ethernet), 802.1x (Security Authentication), 802.11i - Ready (Security WPA2), 802.11e - Ready (Wireless QoS)
- Port: Ethernet, Power
- Buttons Reset
- Cabling Type UTP CAT 5
- LEDs Power, Ethernet, Wireless, POE
- Operating System Linux
- WebUI Built in Web UI for easy browser-based configuration (HTTP/HTTPS)
- SNMP Version SNMP Version 1, 2c, 3
- Event Logging
- Event Logging
- Remote Syslog
- Web F/W upgrade Firmware upgradeable through web-browser
- Diags: Flash, etc. Diags: Flash, RAM, LAN, WLAN
- DHCP DHCP Client
- Operating Modes
- Access Point Access Point Mode
- Spec/Modulation Radio and Modulation Type: 802.11b/DSSS, 11g/OFDM, 11n/OFDM
- Channels Operating Channels: 11 North America, 13 Most of Europe (ETSI and Japan)
- # of External Ant. 3 (Omni-Directional)
- Transmit Power (Adjustable) at Normal Temp Range: 11b - 16 dBm at 1TX, 19 dBm at 2TX; 11g - 13 dBm at 1TX, 16 dBm at 2TX; 11n - 13 dBm at 1TX, 16 dBm at 2TX
- Antenna Gain in dBi 2
- Receiver Sensitivity 11.n: 300Mbps at -69dbM, 11.g: 54Mbps at -73dBm, 11.b: 11Mbps at -88dBM
- WEP/WPA/WPA2 WEP 64bit/128bit, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA-ENT, WPA2-ENT
- Access Control Wireless connection control: MAC-based
- SSID Broadcast SSID Broadcast enable/disable
- 802.1X IEEE 802.1X support
- Quality of Service
- 4 queues
- WMM Wireless priority
- Load Balancing
- New AP detection (used with WPC4400N)
- New client detection (used with WPC4400N)
- Auto-channel selection
- Power 12V 1A DC input, and IEEE802.3af Compliant PoE
- Certification FCC, CE, IC
- Operating Temperature 32 to 104ºF (0 to 40ºC)
- Storage Temperature -20 to 70ºC
- Operating Humidity 10% to 85% non-condensing
- Storage Humidity 5% to 90% non-condensing
- Minimum Requirements
- 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n Wireless Adapter With TCP/IP Protocol Installed Per PC
- Switch/Router with Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Support Or PoE Injector when used with POE
- Web-Based Configuration Java-Enabled Web Browser
- Width: 7.80"
- Height: 5.16"
- Depth: 7.80"
- Unit: 0.84 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lb
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retialer):
3 years parts and labor
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.