Linksys Wireless-G Silver Print Server, Model WPS54G
The Linksys Wireless-G PrintServer lets you connect a USB printer directly to your network, eliminating the need to dedicate a PC to print sharing chores. Using a PrintServer frees up your ""print share PC"" so you don't have to leave it on all the time. It also removes the printing bottleneck, and sets your PC free to do more useful work. Connect the PrintServer directly to your network by 10/100 Ethernet cable, or wirelessly over 54Mbps Wireless-G (802.11g). The wireless option lets you put your printer wherever you want to, without having to run cables. Whichever way the PrintServer is attached to your network, both your wireless and wired PCs will have access to it, and the printer it's connected to. And if you don't use wireless for general networking in your office, you can still use the Wireless-G connection in ad-hoc mode to print from visiting Wireless-G and Wireless-B PCs. The USB port is compatible with USB 1.1 printers, as well as printers that support the new high-speed USB 2.0 specification for even faster throughput. Your data is protected by up to 128-bit WEP encryption, or pre-shared-key WPA. A user-friendly Setup Wizard makes installation easy, the compact case fits anywhere, and the three megabyte print buffer size handles even large graphics-intensive print jobs. Let the Linksys Wireless-G PrintServer for USB 2.0 bring efficiency to your printing tasks.
- Share a printer with everyone on your network -- works with most USB 1.1 or 2.0 printers
- Connects your printer directly to the network by 10/100 wired Ethernet or 54Mbps Wireless-G (802.11g)
- Prevents congestion on your PC with other users' print jobs
- No need to leave a PC on 24/7
- Networking type: Print server
- Networking interface type: Hi-Speed USB
- Data link protocol: Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Fast Ethernet
- Networking standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
- Width: 5.2"
- Height: 1"
- Depth: 2.8"
- Unit: 0.2 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lbs
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.