Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter, Model WMP54GR
The Linksys Wireless-G PCI Card with RangeBooster installs in most desktop and tower PCs, and lets you put your computer almost anywhere in the building without the cost and hassle of running network cables. Now you don't have to drill holes in your walls and climb through the attic or cellar to get connected to the network. Once you're connected, you can keep in touch with your e mail, access the Internet, use instant messaging to chat with friends, and share files and other resources such as printers and network storage with other computers on the network.
RangeBooster technology is a compatible add-on to standard Wireless-G which increases your wireless network's range up to two times, and its throughput by up to 35%. Unlike ordinary wireless technologies that are confused by signal reflections, RangeBooster uses two smart receivers at each end to detect and decode reflected signals at distances where standard technologies give up. You'll find that "dead spots" in the wireless coverage area are reduced, too. Unlike other range-enhancing technologies, RangeBooster is fully 802.11 compliant, and a "good neighbor" to other wireless devices and technologies, using a single 2.4GHz channel as specified by the official wireless standard. And with RangeBooster you'll see a range improvement even when running a mixed network of RangeBooster and regular Wireless-G devices. For added versatility, it can also interoperate with all the 11Mbps Wireless-B (802.11b) products found in homes, businesses, and public wireless hotspots around the country. In any mode, your wireless communications are protected by 128-bit WPA encryption, so your data stays secure. So don't hassle with running cables through your house — get your desktop connected the easy way with the Linksys Wireless-G PCI Card with RangeBooster.
- High-speed Wireless-G for your desktop PC, now with RangeBooster performance enhancement
- Put your PC wherever you want, with no cabling hassle
- New RangeBooster technology for up to twice the range, reduced dead spots, and up to 35% more throughput
- Also interoperates with standard Wireless-G and Wireless-B networks
- Connectivity technology: Wireless
- Networking type: Network adapter
- Data link protocol: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
- Data transfer rate: 54 Mbps
- Status indicators: Link activity
- Bandwidth: 2.4 GHz
- Spread Spectrum Method: OFDM
- Networking standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
- Line coding format: CCK, OFDM, DBPSK, DQPSK
- Networking Device Type: Network adapter
- Networking interface type: PCI
- Form factor: Plug-in card
- Antenna type: External detachable
- Gain Level: 2 dBi
Expansion / Connectivity
- Port(s) Total (Free) / Connector Type:Port(s) Total (Free) / Connector Type Port(s) Total (Free) / Connector Type: 1 Network Radio-Ethernet:
- Expansion Slot(s) Total (Free): None
Expansion / Port(s) Required
- Slot(s) Required: 1 PCI
- Port(s) / Connector(s) Required: None
- Power Supply / Device: None
- Width: 3.7"
- Height: 4.5"
- Depth: 6"
- Unit: 2.7 oz
- Shipping: 1lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): Limited 3-Years Warranty