Garmin Zumo 550 Portable GPS Navigation Unit - 0100056700
- (500/550 Series)
- (500/550 Series)
(Click hyperlink text to view)
Customize your ride with the rugged zumo 550. Designed by bikers, zumo’s motorcycle-friendly features make it easy to operate while in the saddle. From back roads to rallies, its preloaded maps and high-end navigation features give you the freedom to go where you want.
Enjoy Bike-Friendly Design
Durable and dependable, zumo 550 is built for motorcycles:
- Glove-friendly touchscreen with left-handed controls makes it easy to operate
- High brightness, sunlight-readable, UV-resistant display makes it easy to view your screen
- Motorcycle console for trip information, including fuel gauge to warn you when it's time to fill up
- Motorcycle mount with universal mounting hardware so you can mount it anywhere
- Included motorcycle and automotive mount (with integrated speaker) for riding or driving
- Custom caps available in a variety of colors to reflect your style
- Vibration-tested, waterproof and built with fuel-resistant plastics to withstand the elements
Navigate the Open Road
zumo 550 comes ready to go right out of the box with preloaded City Navigator® NT street maps and a hefty points of interest (POIs) database, including motels, restaurants, fuel, ATMs and more. Simply enter a destination, and zumo takes you there with turn-by-turn voice directions that speak street names. In addition, zumo accepts custom points of interest such as school zones and safety cameras and lets you set proximity alerts to warn you of upcoming POIs. The 550 also comes with a rechargeable, removable lithium-ion battery a for trip planning or use on foot, and even accepts additional maps.
Add Traffic, Weather and Radio
With optional XM subscriptions and an XM antenna, you can check the weather, move ahead of traffic and listen to the radio when you travel with zumo in the U.S. As an alternative, zumo can receive optional TMC traffic alerts (in select cities) when used with a compatible traffic receiver. Simply press a button on the screen, and zumo recalculates your route to avoid traffic tie-ups.
Talk and Listen Wirelessly
With zumo 550’s Bluetooth® wireless technology, you can talk on the phone safely without removing your gloves or helmet. Connect zumo to your Bluetooth-enabled headset/helmet and cell phone to make and receive hands-free calls. You can even make phone calls to POIs through zumo’s Bluetooth interface. In addition, zumo transmits navigation voice prompts to your headset so you can listen wirelessly.
Plan Your Trips and Share Your Rides
zumo 550 makes it easy to plan your next trip and share routes with your riding buddies. Plan trips on your computer before you start. Search for food and fuel stops and local attractions. Then, transfer your route to zumo and go.
At the end of the day, share your favorite places and rides with other zumo riders, and review your travels in Google™ Earth. SD card expansion makes it easy for storage and route sharing. Download routes to share with your riding buddies — even load mp3 files to your unit to enjoy tunes on the road. In addition, JPEG picture viewer lets you share photos of your adventures with friends and family.
- Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): yes (using included automotive mount with integrated speaker)
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.") : yes
- 3D map view: yes
- Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route): yes
- Auto re-route (fast off-route and detour recalculation): yes
- Choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road): yes
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes
- Hands-free calling with Bluetooth® wireless technology: yes
- FM traffic compatible: yes
- XM Navtraffic (includes basic weather) & Radio for U.S. compatible: yes
- MP3 player: yes
- Audio book player: yes
- Picture viewer: yes
- Configurable vehicle icons (select car-shaped icons for map navigation): yes
- Touchscreen: yes
- Headphone jack/audio line-out: yes
- Garmin Lock™ (anti-theft feature): yes
- Motorcycle-friendly: yes
- zumo 550
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT for North America or Europe (full coverage)
- MapSource® City Navigator North America NT DVD or City Navigator Europe NT DVD (full unlock)*
- Motorcycle mount with mounting hardware
- Vehicle suction cup mount with integrated speaker**
- Dashboard disk
- Carrying case
- AC charger
- Vehicle power cable
- Motorcycle power cable
- USB cable
- Security screwdriver
- Custom caps (silver and black)
- Garmin stickers
- Owner's manual on disk
- Quick reference guide
- *City Navigator North America NT DVD included in North American Version; City Navigator Europe NT DVD included in European version.
- **Notice to Drivers in California and Minnesota
- Physical & Performance:
- Display resolution, WxH: 320 x 240 pixels
- Display type: WQVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Battery: removable, rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 4 hours
- Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- RoHS version available: yes
- Maps & Memory:
- Basemap: yes
- Preloaded maps: yes
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Built-in memory: internal solid state
- Accepts data cards: SD card (not included)
- Waypoints: 500
- Routes: 50
- Width: 4.8"
- Height: 3.9"
- Depth: 1.6"
- Display Size:
- Width: 2.8"
- Height: 2.1"
- Diagonally: 3.5"
- Unit: 10.6 oz
- Shipping: 1 lb
- Manufacturer's Warranty (authorized online retailer):
1 Year Parts and Labor
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.