Garmin GPSMAP 440S Portable GPS Navigation Unit - 0100051642
- (400/500 Series)
- (400 Series)
Offshore fishermen and boaters will gravitate toward this sleek, space-saving chartplotter. The GPSMAP 440 features preloaded detailed maps for the U.S. coast as well as an ultra-bright 4 QVGA display; built-in, satellite-enhanced worldwide basemap and simplified user operation.
Chart the High Seas
The 440 has preloaded detailed maps that cover all U.S. coastal areas, including Alaska and Hawaii. For areas outside the U.S., the 440 has a worldwide basemap with satellite images in place of more traditional maps, and its SD card slot makes it easy to add additional maps without connecting to a computer. With fewer keys and a simple, intuitive interface, the 440 makes navigating your way through the water easy.
Add Sonar and Weather
Where applicable, the sounder version, GPSMAP 440s, comes with a powerful dual frequency transducer that clearly paints depth contours, fish targets and structure. Its also CANet compatible, so you can share sounder data with another chartplotter on your boat. The weather-enabled versions, GPSMAP 440x and 440sx, display XM satellite weather data, including NEXRAD radar, with the GXM 31 antenna.
Add Extras with BlueChart® g2 Vision
With the optional BlueChart g2 Vision SD card, you can add a whole new dimension of exceptional features to your chartplotter.
- 3D mariners eye view or fish eye view provides you with a 3-dimensional perspective of map information, both above the waterline and below it.
- High-resolution satellite images and aerial photographs help you orient yourself in unfamiliar areas.
- Auto guidance technology searches through all relevant charts to create a route you can actually follow one that avoids obstacles, shallow water, buoys and other obstructions.
- Garmin sonar compatible: yes
- CANet compatible: yes
- Supports AIS (tracks target ships' position): yes
- Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC capable VHF radio): yes
- Audible alarms: yes
- Tide tables: yes
- Sun and moon information: yes
- 3D map view: yes (with optional BlueChart g2 Vision card)
- Auto Guidance: yes (with optional BlueChart g2 Vision card)
- XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. compatible: yes
- GPSMAP 440s*
- Tilt/swivel mount
- Protective front cover
- Power/data cable
- Owner's manual
- *Note: 440s package includes dual frequency transducer
- Physical & Performance:
- Display resolution, WxH: 240 x 320 pixels
- Display type: QVGA display
- Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
- Antenna: internal
- NMEA output: NMEA 0183
- Maps & Memory:
- Basemap: yes
- Preloaded maps: yes
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Accepts data cards: SD card slot
- Waypoints: 1,500
- Routes: 20
- Track log: 10,000 points; 20 saved tracks
- Width: 5.7"
- Height: 5.0"
- Depth: 2.7"
- Display Size:
- Width: 2.4"
- Height: 3.2"
- Diagonally: 4.0"
- Unit: 1.3 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty (authorized online retailer):
1 Year Parts and Labor
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.