Apple MacBook 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Black Notebook Computer - MB063LLB
Intel Core 2 Duo
MacBook offers powerful performance in a sleek design, thanks to Intel Core 2 Duo processors with speeds up to 2.2GHz — and 4MB of shared L2 cache in all models.
Double your everything.
The Intel Core 2 Duo — based on Intel’s advanced Core microarchitecture — offers a second-generation chip born of Intel’s 65-nanometer process. That process lets Intel create incredibly small transistors — small enough, in fact, to fit a hundred inside a single human cell. With two powerful processors designed to share resources and circuitry so unimaginably small, the Intel Core 2 Duo achieves far higher levels of performance while actually consuming less power.
Do more, faster.
With its 64-bit processor architecture, the Intel Core 2 Duo can execute instructions in chunks that are twice as large (64 bits versus 32 bits), delivering advanced computational power to MacBook. It all combines to give you speed and agility you’ll notice when working with photos in iPhoto, creating Keynote presentations, or editing podcasts in GarageBand.
Software just works.
In the world of MacBook, nothing is complicated. So when it comes to running software on your Intel-based MacBook, prepare for the expected: it just works. Applications with the Universal symbol run on either PowerPC- or Intel-based Mac computers. Most existing applications will run on your Intel-based MacBook, too. Simply launch them as always. Thanks to the Rosetta technology in Mac OS X, they look and feel just like they did before.1
4MB of shared L2 cache augments the advanced Core 2 Duo processor on all models. That really lets MacBook fire on all cylinders. With such substantial L2 cache, data and instructions can be kept close to the two processor cores, greatly increasing performance and allowing the entire system to work more efficiently. And, because the processor cores share the L2 cache, either can use the entire amount if the other happens to be idle.
The Intel Core 2 Duo’s enhanced, 128-bit SSE3 vector engine handles 128-bit computations in a single clock cycle, accelerating data manipulation by simultaneously applying a single instruction to multiple data. That means you can get more done in less time. So the next time you use iMovie or Final Cut Express to render effects, you can thank the SSE3 vector engine for the snappier performance.
Every MacBook includes iLife ’08, the latest version of Apple’s award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications. With major upgrades to iPhoto, iDVD, iWeb, and GarageBand and a completely reinvented iMovie, iLife ’08 gives you amazing new ways to enjoy photos, create movies, make music, build websites, and more.
How do you get the most out of every one of the great photos you take? iPhoto. It’s the quickest, easiest way to organize up to a quarter-million photos, quickly find the ones you’re looking for, make them look even better, and share them in the most fantastic ways — with slideshows, photo books, calendars, greeting cards,1 or even a personal Web Gallery.2
Hollywood at home.
iMovie makes working with video as easy as working with photos. It puts all your video in one central library so you can quickly find your favorite clips and make a new movie with drag-and-drop simplicity. Then enjoy it on your iPod, iPhone, or Apple TV. Or share it with friends and family through a .Mac Web Gallery2 or the entire world via YouTube™. Or send it to iDVD, which is also part of iLife ’08, and create a Hollywood-style DVD.
Whether you’re a music enthusiast or making music for the first time, GarageBand is the answer. You can start by creating your own virtual band using Magic GarageBand. Or jam along and record your favorite instrument. Advanced musicians can capture their best performance with multi-take recording, add structure to their song with arrangements, and create better-sounding music with new support for 24-bit audio.
Your life on the web.
Make your photos, movies, and podcasts shine like never before with iWeb. It’s not just easy, it’s completely customizable. Take control of every aspect of your web pages, starting with Apple-designed templates and changing from there. You can easily add live web content from other web pages — such as news, videos, stock tickers — plus Google Maps and Google AdSense ads. Then post to the web with just one click.2
MacBook and iLife ’08 — it’s never been so easy, so fast, and so affordable to enjoy and share your digital life.
MacBookBuy Now Intel Core 2 Duo iLife ’08 Front Row iSight Design Wireless Tech Specs
Enjoy your music, movies, photos, and videos from across the room and even across the house with the Front Row media experience and Apple Remote. Intuitive Apple hardware and software make it easy to put on a show.
Pass the popcorn.
Connect your MacBook to a large-format display or TV and dazzle your friends with an elegant full-screen media extravaganza.1 Front Row transforms movie night into a blockbuster Hollywood premiere. Shake up your party with instant access to iTunes music, TV shows, and movies. Make grandma cry with photos from graduation. Watch home movies, music videos, and DVDs.
The Apple Remote makes it as easy to navigate through all the cool stuff on your computer as it is to navigate the songs in your iPod. A minimalist six buttons is all you really need. Play. Pause. Skip. Rewind. Crank up the volume. Whatever you like, wherever you sit.
All in the family.
Let MacBook and Front Row entertain you by playing songs, slideshows, and videos from other computers in the house.2 Buy new music in the kitchen, play it in your living room. MacBook automatically finds networked computers under your roof — whether they be wireless or wired. Sounds like magic, but it’s just the Bonjour instant networking technology built into every Mac.
On the go.
Thanks to DVI, VGA, S-video, and composite connectivity, MacBook and Front Row work effortlessly with most projectors.1
MacBookBuy Now Intel Core 2 Duo iLife ’08 Front Row iSight Design Wireless Tech Specs
If you’re the kind to carry a digital camera everywhere you go, you and MacBook will really click. MacBook carries a camera around too: a built-in iSight camera, perfect for video chatting, making an impromptu movie, or snapping silly mugshots.
Cleverly integrated above the bright display, an iSight camera sits quietly, awaiting inspiration. When the mood strikes, launch iChat, Photo Booth, or iMovie and give it your good side. No need to waste valuable primping time installing software or configuring the camera. Just smile.
Come on. You know you want to. That iSight just begs to take your snapshot. Open Photo Booth and have a little fun. Add a special image effect — distortions such as Squeeze, Stretch, and Bulge, or other video effects like Sepia, Glow, and X-Ray. Click. See the screen flash white. (Your MacBook is just that clever.) And there you have it — a high-quality photo you can save as your iChat buddy picture, email to your friends, or put in your iPhoto library.
Movies in a minute.
iLife ’08 makes the built-in iSight even more astounding. You can record a short clip right inside iMovie. Email it to family. Introduce your DVD. Or use iWeb to create a video blog entry or a podcast.1
Next best thing to teleportation,
Make short work of long distance when you video chat with friends and family over the Internet using your built-in iSight.2 Simply launch iChat, then click the video icon of a buddy to turn on iSight, and you’re good to go. Without going anywhere at all.
iChat your way.
Now you can read stories to the kids at bedtime whether you’re across the country or across the ocean, with no additional long-distance charges.
One-way video chat
Even if the person you want to chat with doesn’t have an iSight camera (lucky you), you can still wave hello with a one-way video chat. Just hold down the Control key as you choose a name from your buddy list and select “Invite to Video Chat.”
With support for video chats between up to four people3 and a stunning, three-dimensional view, iChat practically puts your colleagues, friends, and family in the room with you. See their faces reflected into space, just as though you were sitting around a table together.
Already a versatile instant text messaging application, iChat also lets you hold audio chats with up to 10 people. High-quality audio compression gives you crystal-clear conversations, while full-duplex sound lets everyone speak naturally. Record your conversations in GarageBand with everyone on a separate channel, then post your podcast immediately via iWeb.
Good design leaves nothing to chance. Great design anticipates it. No surprise, then, that MacBook features little touches — like a klutz-proof power adapter and a nifty magnetic latch — that make your computing experience as streamlined as MacBook itself.
Thin is in.
Perhaps the most profound design element of MacBook is what it lacks: bulk. A mere 1.08 inches thin and weighing in at only 5.0 pounds, MacBook cuts a slim profile on any desk (or in any backpack or briefcase). And since MacBook is sure to become your constant companion, a durable polycarbonate shell keeps it ready for the rough and tumble of everyday life. Now that’s grace under pressure.
Whether you’re working on your next Keynote presentation or watching a movie before you catch a flight, every document, video, and photo on your MacBook will look sharp on the glossy 13.3-inch widescreen display. With pixel-perfect 1280-by-800 resolution, it’s great for viewing and working with media.
MacBook features a unique keyboard design that sits flush against the bed for a sleeker, lower profile. You’ll also find a firm touch when typing. That ought to make your fingers happy.
Opening and closing your MacBook is a snap, thanks to a magnetic latch that catches without a catch. That means no moving parts to snag, jam, or break.
No power cord, no Ethernet cable, no headphone jack, no wires. No problem. With a long battery life and built-in AirPort and Bluetooth, you can get online virtually anywhere. It’s not magic. It’s MacBook.
Take your study session to the local hot spot. MacBook comes with built-in AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi, offering up to five times the performance and up to twice the range of previous generations.1 A glance in the menu bar will tell you how strong your wireless signal is, what networks you have the opportunity to join, or how much battery power you have left.
Speaking of power, you can work unplugged for up to 6 hours — 2.75 hours if you’re watching DVDs or 3.75 hours if you have wireless turned on — before you need to recharge your MacBook battery. And you can extend battery life by disconnecting peripherals you’re not using; turning Bluetooth off until you need it; quitting applications; ejecting CDs and DVDs; and opting for “Better Battery Life” in the Energy Saver pane of System Preferences.
Say you and your friends go on spring break. Not only can you share a hotel room, but you can share its Internet connection. How? Just plug in your MacBook and set up your connection. Then open up System Preferences and turn on Internet sharing. Now your friends can connect over AirPort to your Mac and out to the old www. In a matter of minutes, everyone can post a photo blog entry to .Mac.3
With MacBook, you won’t strain your thumb sending text messages to your friends. Use all your fingers to type. If you have a Bluetooth cell phone, you can use MacBook to send and receive SMS messages.2 Even better, you don’t have to enter in everyone’s phone number, you can just copy them from your Address Book. (Or fill up your MacBook Address Book from your phone. iSync, included with Mac OS X, makes it easy.)
With built-in Bluetooth, you’ve got a built-in holiday or birthday wish list. Prefer a mouse to the scrolling trackpad? Use any Bluetooth mouse. Listen to your tunes with wireless headphones. Or record a podcast with a wireless headset, the same one you use for your cell phone.
Learn to share.
With Bonjour networking technology built into every MacBook, the possibilities for wirelessly sharing files, printers, and data are nearly limitless. With Bonjour, your computer discovers other computers and peripherals on the same network. From there, you can print and share with secure simplicity.
On the go.
Networking with Bonjour
With MacBook and Bonjour technology, you can find printers, share files, and connect to other computers on a network.
Connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled peripherals or connect to the Internet via your mobile phone.
MacBook offers wireless capability, and you can create your own wireless network with an AirPort Extreme Base Station.
Processor and memory
- 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 4MB shared L2 cache running at full processor speed
- 667MHz frontside bus
- 1GB (two 512MB SO-DIMMs) of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300); two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB
- 160GB 5400 rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
- Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, and DVD+RW; 24x CD
Battery and power
- 55-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery (with integrated charge indicator LEDs) providing up to 6 hours of battery life
- 60W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power adapter port
- 13.3" (diagonal) glossy widescreen TFT display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1280 by 800 (native), 1152 by 720, 1024 by 768, 1024 by 640, 800 by 600, 800 by 500, 720 by 480, and 640 by 480 at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 at 3:2 aspect ratio
Graphics and video support
- Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor with 144MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory
- Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 1920 by 1200 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- Built-in iSight camera
- Mini-DVI port
- DVI output using mini-DVI to DVI adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using mini-DVI to VGA adapter (sold separately)
- Composite and S-video output using mini-DVI to video adapter (sold separately)
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification)4
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.0 + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
- Optional external Apple USB Modem
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Built-in omnidirectional microphone
- Combined optical digital audio input/audio line in (minijack)
- Combined optical digital audio output/headphone out (minijack)
- One FireWire 400 port (up to 400 Mbps)
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
Electrical and environmental requirements
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife ’08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand), Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive, iWork ’08 (30-day trial)
- Built-in full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys, 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement), and embedded numeric keypad
- Solid-state scrolling trackpad for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Apple Remote
- Kensington cable lock slot
What's In The Box:
- Apple Remote
- 60W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Lithium-polymer battery
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Width: 12.78"
- Height: 1.08"
- Depth: 8.92"
- Unit: 5 lbs
- Shipping: 10 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor with 90 Days Phone Support
Intel Core 2 Duo
- Get more information on Rosetta supported Apple software. Contact the manufacturer directly for third-party software.
- Testing conducted by Apple in October 2007 using preproduction 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based MacBook units; MacBook systems with Core Duo were shipping units. MacBook continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- iPhoto print services are available in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and select European countries. Requires Internet access; fees and terms apply.
- Web Gallery and one-click publishing require .Mac. The .Mac service is available to persons age 13 and older. Annual membership fee and Internet access required. Terms and conditions apply.
- Requires adapters, sold separately.
- Sharing photos requires a Mac with iPhoto. Sharing music and videos requires iTunes 6.0.4 or later. Video playback capabilities may vary depending on network bandwidth.
- Some iWeb features require .Mac. The .Mac service is available to persons age 13 and older. Annual membership fee and Internet access required. Terms and conditions apply.
- Video chatting requires a broadband Internet connection; fees may apply.
- 384-Kbps Internet connection (up/down) required to initiate four-way video chat; 100-Kbps Internet connection required to participate.
- Based on a comparison with Apple’s 802.11g products. Comparison assumes AirPort Extreme network with 802.11n-enabled computer. Speed and range will be less if an 802.11a/b/g product joins the network. Accessing the wireless network requires an AirPort- or AirPort Extreme-enabled computer or other Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a/b/g-enabled computer. Actual performance will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network, and other factors. Range will vary with site conditions. AirPort Extreme is based on an 802.11n draft specification.
- Additional fees may apply. Contact your mobile phone carrier for details.
- The .Mac service is available to persons age 13 and older. Annual membership fee and Internet access required. Terms and conditions apply.