Viking 36" Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop, Model VGSU1636BSS
Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. Its enough to turn any cook into a chef.
When people think of Viking, the bold, commercial look of the Professional Series range is the image that most likely pops into their heads. Ultra-premium features like high-performance burners, convection baking, and infrared broiling easily handle everything from crème brûlée to rack of lamb. The legendary Viking range is available in gas and electric models, as well as an array of sizes and finishes to fit any kitchen.
And for those who want professional performance without the professional look, there is the Designer Series. Clean lines and contours meld gracefully into cabinets with style, offering a striking new look for Viking. Fully equipped with outstanding features and power, this complete line of built-in products doesnt sacrifice any of the world-renowned Viking performance for fashions sake. Haute couture meets haute cuisine.
Viking doesnt see the kitchen as a collection of products, but a complete cooking environment. Cooking isnt a chore its an art form. Everything must work together in form and function. Both the Professional and Designer lines deliver the ultimate in performance with a cohesive look for the kitchen. Each line offers a full range of products, so you dont have to resort to mixing and matching brands and styles. Viking offers the truly consistent ultra-premium kitchen. The complete Viking kitchen is complete perfection.
Designed to fit the majority of similarly sized cooktop cutouts. These models make it simple to replace old cooktops with Viking commercial power.
Commercial-Type Cooking Power
- Gas 36" wide cooktop
- Six sealed burners with brass flame ports and porcelain/cast-iron caps
- Left front - 16,000 BTU high/3,400 BTU low
- Left rear, center front, and center rear - 12,000 BTU high/1,700 BTU low
- Right rear - 8,000 BTU high/1,200 BTU low
- Right front - 6,000 BTU high/950 BTU low
- Automatic electric spark ignition/re-ignition; burners light at any position on the knob and re-light if extinguished, even at the lowest setting
Safe, Easy Operation
- Metal knobs with childproof, push-to-turn safety feature
- Automatic electric spark ignition - no standing pilot to re-light, waste energy, or add extra heat to the kitchen
- Heavy-duty, porcelainized, cast-iron, removable burner grates provide virtually continuous front-to-rear, left-to-right surface for easy movement of large pots
Easy Maintenance and Cleanup
- Customer-removable knobs, grates, and burner ports/caps
- Permanently sealed burners - spills cannot enter burner box
- Two separate 4 1/2 cup spill-collection areas
Replaces Most Ordinary Cooktops
- Only "countertop cutout" six-burner cooktop available in 36" width
- Overall/burner box dimensions designed to fit virtually all 36" wide cooktop cutouts
- Available in Stainless Steel (SS) and Black (BK), featuring black grates, caps and knobs, or White (WH), featuring dark gray grates, caps and white knobs; frame and control panel are stainless steel
- May be ordered with Brass Trim Option (BR) for knob bezels, control panel frame, and nameplate
- All brass components have a durable protective coating for maintenance-free normal use
- Left Front Burner Rating: 16,000 BTU Nat./15,500 BTU LP (4.8 kW/4.65 kW)
- Left Rear Burner Rating: 12,000 BTU Nat./11,500 BTU LP (3.6 kW/3.45 kW)
- Center Front/Rear Burner Rating: 12,000 BTU Nat./11,500 BTU LP (3.6 kW/3.45 kW)
- Right Rear Burner Rating: 8,000 BTU Nat./7,500 BTU LP (2.4 kW/2.25 kW)
- Right Front Burner Rating: 6,000 BTU Nat./5,500 BTU LP (1.8 kW/1.65 kW)
- Gas Requirements: Uses Standard Residential 1/2" (1.3 cm) I.D. Gas Service Line.
- Electrical Requirements: 120 VAC/60 Hz; 4 Ft. (121.9 cm), 3-Wire Cord with Grounded 3-Prong Plug Attached to Product.
- Maximum Amp Usage: 2.0 Amps
- Height: 5"
- Width: 36-3/4"
- Depth: 21"
- Cutout Height: 2-1/2"
- Cutout Width: 34-3/8"
- Cutout Depth: 18-5/8"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer)
- One-year full: complete product
- Lifetime limited: stainless steel exterior
- Five-year limited: surface burners