Flip Video Ultra Series Black Camcorder, Model F260B
Flip Video Ultra Series is the next-generation line of highly compact digital camcorders to make it easier than ever for on-the-go people to shoot and share high-quality video. Slim-sized to fit neatly into any pocket, the Flip Video Ultra Series provides unmatched portability and simplicity for capturing, editing and sharing video --anytime, anywhere.
Flip Video Ultra Series are the worlds first camcorders with on-board software to enable editing, organizing, and seamless video uploading to AOL, YouTube and other video sharing sites. Flip Video Ultra showcases Pure Digitals next-generation video processing technology, which delivers decent video and sound quality, even when played on large-screen TVs. The Ultra Series continues Pure Digitals pioneering of a new category of camcorder that puts the power to instantly capture, edit and share video in the pocket of everyday consumers. Flip Video Ultras built-in software greatly expands the range of possibilities for users to enjoy and share their video.
New features make it simple to edit clips, create custom movies, and even capture still photos from video. For the first time, the software simplifies video sharing by directly integrating with popular sharing sites like AOL and YouTube to provide a seamless experience for both private and public video sharing. This allows you to share their videos as easily as they would digital photos.
(Click hyperlink text to view)
- Recording Time: Up to 60 min
- Internal Memory: 2GB
- Screen Size: 1.5" (diagonal)
- Screen Resolution: 528 x 132 pixels
- Screen Type: Transflective TFT (for bright daylight)
Video Quality and Performance
- Resolution: 640 x 480
- Sensor: 1/4" VGA CMOS sensor, Large (5.6 µm) pixels for maximum light sensitivity
- Low Light Sensitivity: Very high sensitivity (>2.0V/lux-sec)
- Video Compression: Pure Digital Video Engine 2.0
- Frame Rate: 30 frames per second (constant)
- Video Bitrate: 4.5Mbps (average - auto adaptive algorithm)
- Video Format: Advanced Profile MPEG4 AVI
- Auto White Balance & Auto Exposure: Auto-adaptive white/black balance and exposure (Next generation - improving color fidelity, exposure control and dynamic range)
- Lens Type: Fixed Focus (0.8m to infinity)
- Aperture: f/2.4 (fast lens for great results in low-light environments)
- Zoom: Smooth multi-step 2x digital
- Interface: 8 Buttons (Power, Play, Delete, Record and 4 way navigation)
- Time From Power-Up to Record: Less than 3 seconds
- Clip length: Minimum of 1 second, Maximum of 30/60 minutes (depending on model)
- Power Saver (Auto Shut-Down): Yes
- Delete All Function: Yes
- Play All Function: Yes
- Set Date/Time Function: Yes
- PC Connection: Built-in flip-out USB arm (up to USB 2.0 speed)
- Speaker: Built-in speaker
- Microphone: Built-in wide range microphone (improved sensitivity & accuracy)
- TV Out: NTSC (cable included)
- DVD Processing: Pure Digital DVD processing (nationwide retail service)
- Supported Battery Types: 2 x AA Batteries (1.5 Volt AA alkaline, Energizer® e2® Lithium®, 1.2 Volt NiMH rechargeable)
- Battery Life: Improved battery life: Up to 2.5 hours (with 2x AA Alkaline batteries)**
Up to 6.5 hours (with 2 x AA Energizer® e2® batteries)**
USB 2.0 connector via flip-out arm Software: On-board Flip Video program Runs from camcorder when connected to computer View, save and organize videos. One-click video emailing, Instant online video publishing, Simple editing and movie making, Capture still photos from videos.
Supported Operating Systems- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OSX
Minimum System Requirements (Windows)- Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz computer with at least 512 MB of RAM, Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista, SVGA display monitor (1024x768) and video card, Windows Media Player 9.0, Microsoft DirectX 9.0
Minimum System Requirements (Mac OSX)- PowerPC G4 1.0 GHz, Intel Core with at least 512 MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.3.9, SVGA display (1024 x 768) monitor and video card, QuickTime 7 or later
- Two AA alkaline batteries
- TV connection cable (audio/video)
- Wrist strap
- Protective carrying pouch
- Height: 4.17"
- Width: 2.16"
- Depth: 1.25"
- Unit: 5.1 oz
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
90 days parts and labor
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.