Compare iPod Nano with the rest of the iPod family.
Apple MB455LL/A 8GB Pink 3rd Generation iPod Nano, Model MB455LLA
It’s the small iPod with one very big idea: Video. Now the world’s most popular music player lets you enjoy TV shows, movies, video podcasts, and more. The larger, brighter display means amazing picture quality. In five eye-catching colors, iPod nano is stunning all around. And with 4GB and 8GB models starting at just $149, little speaks volumes.
Watch up to 5 hours of TV shows, music videos, movies, and podcasts.
- Enhanced Interface
Browse your music by album artwork with Cover Flow. View everything on your iPod nano in a whole new way.
- Brighter Display
iPod nano sports a larger, 320-by-240-resolution display that’s 65 percent brighter than before.
- Newly Redesigned
In anodized aluminum and polished stainless steel, iPod nano is now 6.5 mm thin and even more beautiful.
An anodized aluminum top and polished stainless steel back. Five eye-catching colors. A larger, brighter display with the most pixels per inch of any Apple display, ever. iPod nano stirs up visual effects from the outside in. And it’ll wow you for hours. Play up to 5 hours of video or up to 24 hours of audio on a single charge.1 All that staying power and a wafer-thin, 6.5-mm profile makes iPod nano one small big attraction.
- Cover Flow
If a picture says a thousand words, think of what all the album art in your collection might say. With Cover Flow on iPod nano, you can flip through your music to find the album you want to hear. Use the Click Wheel to browse music by album cover, then select an album to flip it over and see the track list.
Use the Click Wheel to adjust volume, navigate songs, browse in Cover Flow, or explore the Music menu by playlist, artist, album, song, genre, composer, and more. Want to mix things up? Click Shuffle Songs. iPod nano makes your music look as good as it sounds, thanks to its bright color display.
Buy movies from the iTunes Store and you can sync them to your iPod nano to watch anywhere, anytime. Up to 5 hours of video playback means you can watch two movies back to back.1 And for your viewing pleasure, the 320-by-240-pixel display — with a whopping 204 pixels per inch — is 65 percent brighter than before.
- TV Shows
There’s always something good on iPod nano. Browse thousands of episodes of your favorite TV shows on the iTunes Store, buy them for just $1.99 each, then sync them to your iPod nano. Watch last night’s episodes this morning, or buy a whole TV series and play a pocket-size marathon.
The iTunes Store features thousands of free video and audio podcasts, including indie favorites and offerings from such big names as ABC News, Comedy Central, ESPN, PBS, NPR, and many more. Browse and subscribe to podcasts, then sync them to your iPod nano. You can even play video podcasts on TV using an optional Apple component or composite AV cable.
The digital shelves of the iTunes Store are stocked with thousands of audiobooks — including exclusives like the entire Harry Potter series — so you can catch up on your reading wherever iPod nano takes you. iPod nano even recognizes where you left off reading and bookmarks your place.
Put hours of fun at your fingertips. iPod nano comes with three games — Vortex, iQuiz, and Klondike — and you can download more from the iTunes Store for $4.99 each. All iPod games are designed specifically for the iPod interface. And all of them look great on the 2-inch color display.
iPod nano holds up to 7,000 photos you can sync from your Mac or PC via iTunes. Use the Click Wheel to scroll through photo thumbnails. To see a photo full screen, click the center button. You can even view your photo slideshows — complete with music and transitions — on a TV using an optional Apple component or composite AV cable.
Calendars, contacts, and a screen lock appear in the Extras menu, along with a few more handy items. Take the world clock, for example. Spin the Click Wheel to choose different clocks for cities all over the world. For workouts, use the built-in stopwatch to log your best times.
- Always in tune
iPod nano and iTunes work so well together because they’re made for each other. From download to sync, you never miss a beat. Simply download music, audiobooks, and free podcasts from the integrated iTunes Store or import music from your CDs. The moment you connect iPod nano to your Mac or Windows PC, iTunes updates everything you’ve added since your last sync — every song, every podcast, every audiobook.
- Sync and say
If you have more in your iTunes library than will fit on your iPod nano, not to worry. iTunes will create a playlist that fits your style — and your iPod nano’s capacity. If you’d rather hand-pick what goes onto your iPod nano, feel free. Just drag and drop exactly what you want from your iTunes library onto iPod nano and go.
- All docked out
The handy dock connector on the bottom of iPod nano lets you connect it to your computer, recharge the battery, and sync files fast via the included USB cable. Or leave the optional iPod nano Dock connected to your Mac or PC. Then, when you’re ready to charge or sync, just dock your iPod nano and iTunes automatically gets to work. You can also connect the dock to a stereo system or pair of powered speakers.
- Snapshots on schedule
iPod nano holds a lot more than music. Import photos from iPhoto on a Mac or Adobe Photoshop Elements or Adobe Album on a Windows PC. Update your Address Book and iCal on the Mac or Outlook or Outlook Express on the PC. iTunes syncs up to 25,000 photos and all your contacts and calendars to iPod nano. Just like that.
- 8GB flash drive
- Holds up to 2,000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format
- Holds up to 7,000 iPod-viewable photos
- Holds up to 8 hours of video
- Stores data via USB flash drive
- 2-inch (diagonal) liquid crystal display with blue-white LED backlight
- 320-by-240-pixel resolution at 204 pixels per inch
- Skip-free playback
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
- H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Impedance: 32 ohms
Mac System Requirements
- Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
- Mac OS X v10.4.8 or later
- iTunes 7.4 or later
Windows System Requirements
- PC with USB 2.0 port
- Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
- iTunes 7.4 or later
- Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish
- Additional language support for display of song, album, and artist information: Bulgarian, Croatian, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, and Ukrainian
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
Input And Output
- Dock connector
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
Power And Battery
- Built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Playback time
- Music playback time: Up to 24 hours when fully charged
- Video playback time: Up to 5 hours when fully charged
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
- Fast-charge time: about 1.5 hours (charges up to 80% of battery capacity)
- Full-charge time: about 3 hours
In the Box:
- iPod nano
- USB 2.0 cable
- Dock adapter
- Quick Start guide
- Height: 2.75"
- Width: 2.06"
- Depth: 0.26"
- Unit: 1.74 oz
- Shipping: 2 lbs
Your iPod comes with single-incident telephone support for the first 90 days and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPod to extend your service and support to two full years. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-certified technicians using genuine Apple parts. For more information, visit Apple support or call 800-823-2775.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Music capacity is based on 4 minutes per song and 128-Kbps AAC encoding; actual capacity varies by content.
- Photo capacity is based on iPod-viewable photos transferred from iTunes.
- Video capacity based on H.264 1.5-Mbps video at 640-by-480 resolution combined with 128-Kbps audio; actual capacity varies by content.
- iPod and iTunes are for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2007 using preproduction hardware and software. The playlist contained 358 unique audio tracks consisting of content imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC) and content purchased from the iTunes Store (128-Kbps AAC). Video content was purchased from the iTunes Store. Battery tests are conducted with specific iPod units; actual results may vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced (see www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery). Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.