Sennheiser Noise Cancelling Headphones - PXC450
The PXC 450 is a circumaural high-end travel headphone set with NoiseGard™ 2.0 technology and TalkThrough function for the best possible attenuation of ambient noise.
The PXC 450 enables an unprecedented sound experience for people on the move, thanks to its adaptive baffle damping in combination with the patented Duofol diaphragms, which prevent unwanted partial oscillation and thus guarantee a highly natural, lifelike sound quality.
NoiseGard™ is an active noise compensation system which Sennheiser originally developed for use by pilots, who have to rely on good sound quality and efficient protection against ambient noise even in high-noise environments. NoiseGard™ actively compensates the noise, based on the physics principle of sound and counter-sound.
NoiseGard™ 2.0 has perfected the NoiseGard™ principle thanks to the use of optimised circuitry design and even more efficient processors. It also uses better quality microphones, which enable more sophisticated pick-up of unwanted noise. Specially developed filter algorithms enable improved active noise compensation of up to 90% (23 dB). It is of course also possible to use these headphones passively, i.e. without NoiseGard™ and without batteries.
Users of a PXC 450 who wish to communicate with their neighbours can do so without taking off the headphones: when the TalkThrough function is activated, professional quality microphones mounted on the outside of the headphones pick up all acoustic signals in the immediate vicinity. Unwanted background noise, such as the sound of the engines on a plane, is filtered out electronically to a great extent, so that only the neighbour’s voice is passed on through the headphones into the user’s ear in top audio quality.
The PXC 450 is foldable and is supplied complete with practical transport case, 2 AAA batteries and audio adaptors (double mono and 6.3mm). Volume control integrated in the headphones and a single-sided detachable and replaceable cable ensure maximum convenience for the user.
- Audiophile sound experience on the move: outstanding sound quality thanks to adaptive baffle damping and patented Duofol diaphragm technology
- NoiseGard™ 2.0 active noise compensation provides best possible protection against ambient noise (up to 90.0%)
- Comfortable fit and high level of passive ambient noise attenuation thanks to circumaural ear pads and padded headband made of top quality materials
- TalkThrough function: for easy communication with the people around you while wearing the headphones
- Volume can be adjusted directly on the headphones
- Ideal for people on the move: comfortable, sturdy and foldable headphone design
- Audio transmission always works – even in passive mode and without the batteries
- Ideal for use with in-flight entertainment systems, MP3 players and all other portable and stationary audio equipment
- Top quality materials and replaceable ear pads and cable for long service life
- Comes with full accessories: transport case, 2 audio adaptors (in-flight entertainment and 6.3 mm), batteries
- 2-year warranty
- PXC 450 high-end travel headphone
- Transport Case
- 2 Audio Adapter (In-flight-Entertainment and 6,3 mm)
- 2 AAA batteries
- Headphone design: Headband set
- Ear coupling circumaural
- Transducer principle dynamic
- Weight w/o cable 240g
- Frequency response (headphones) 8 - 28.000 Hz
- Attenuation (passive) up to 32dB
- NoiseGard™ noise compensation up to 23dB (NG 2.0)
- Impedance 150/750 ohms
- THD, total harmonic distortion <0,1%
- Sound pressure level (SPL) 108 dB SPL
- Power supply one AAA battery
- Operating time up to 16h
- Cable length 1,4 m single-sided, replaceable
- Connector 3,5mm right-angled
- Unit(without cable): 0.53 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lb
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): Two Year parts and labor