Canon Vixia High Definition Camcorder - HF100
From Canon's long history of optical excellence, advanced image processing, superb performance and technological innovation in photographic and broadcast television cameras comes the latest in high definition camcorders.
Now, with the light, compact Canon VIXIA HF100, you can have stunning AVCHD (Advanced Video Codec High Definition) format recording with the ease and numerous benefits of Flash Memory. It's used in some of the world's most innovative electronic products such as laptop computers, MP3 players, PDAs and cell phones.
Add to that the VIXIA HF100's Canon Exclusive features such as our own 3.3 Megapixel Full HD CMOS sensor and advanced DIGIC DV II Image Processor, SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization, Instant Auto Focus, our 2.7" Widescreen Multi-Angle Vivid LCD and the Genuine Canon 12x HD video zoom lens and you have a Flash Memory camcorder that's hard to beat and unmistakably Canon.
- AVCHD Flash Memory in a Compact Size
The VIXIA HF100 is one of Canon's first AVCHD (Advanced Video Codec High Definition) format Flash Memory camcorders. AVCHD uses an MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) video codec, recording true 1080 High Definition resolution video. An advantage of the AVCHD format is that it captures twice as much video using less storage, which enhances the extended recording time possible with Flash Memory.
- 3.3 Megapixel Full HD CMOS Sensor
Captures 1920x1080 High Definition video through its Canon designed and manufactured 1/3.2" 3.3 Megapixel Full HD CMOS image sensor, similar to the CMOS image sensors in Canon's EOS Series Digital SLR cameras.
- RGB Primary Color Filter
The VIXIA HF100 uses an RGB Primary Color Filter with Bayer Placement Pattern that separates light into red, green and blue color components. This results in vibrant images with deep, rich, accurate color and natural-looking tones similar to what you'd obtain from 3CCD camcorders. In addition, the Bayer Placement Pattern delivers sharp high definition images with true-to-life color reproduction. As an added benefit, the CMOS sensor provides outstanding image capture in low light conditions.
- Full HD Lens-to Screen (1920 x 1080 Capture and Recording)
not only captures images in Full HD, but records and outputs at 1920 x 1080 as well, so you get Full HD from lens to screen with a Class 4 or higher SDHC memory card. Your memories are preserved in stunning clarity, and ready for playback on your HDTV.
- Genuine Canon 12x HD Video Zoom Lens (200x Digital)
It's the lens you need to record long shots of your child on the soccer field, wide shots of beautiful landscapes, and everything in-between. And because it comes with four zoom speeds, three pre-set and one variable, you always get smooth, steady, professional looking zoom shots.
- Super Spectra Coating Technology
Images with minimal flare and ghosting. Plus, the new lens' aspheric design reduces aberration and increases resolution, ensuring crisp, sharp video and enhancing the HD image quality. Not only that, but a new gradation neutral density (ND) system gives you better exposures in bright shooting situations.
- DIGIC DV II Image Processor
The Canon DIGIC DV II Image Processor is the next generation of Canon's exclusive DIGIC DV signal processing technology. Designed specifically for HD, DIGIC DV II ensures optimal image quality. It also ensures optimal image quality for still images, even though video and still images have different color requirements. DIGIC DV II is just another one of Canon's advanced technologies that make the VIXIA HF100 an exceptional performer.
- Super Range Optical Image Stabilizer
The high-resolution images of High Definition video demand a steady hand. It's easier to get those clear, steady images with the VIXIA HF100, thanks to Canon's innovative SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization. It combines gyro- and image-sensors to give image stabilization through a wider range of camera motions. Some image stabilization systems correct one type of camera motion or vibration better than another. But Canon's SuperRange OIS corrects for a wide range of camcorder motion: the fast vibration you'd experience while recording from a moving car; the medium-speed motion of hand-held recording; and the slower motion of body sway.
- Instant AF
Another critical objective when shooting in High Definition is achieving a very sharp focus. The VIXIA HF100 camcorder features Canon's revolutionary Instant AF focusing system which offers a dramatic improvement in auto focus speed and accuracy (compared to traditional auto focus systems). The Instant AF feature uses an external sensor, in combination with Canon's auto focus system, to help significantly decrease the time it takes to find focus, even in low light conditions. This system achieves focus instantaneously, reducing focus "hunting." The benefits of Instant AF are especially seen in high brightness and night shooting situations. With Instant AF, it's possible to capture fast, accurate focusing, even when following a moving subject.
- HDMI Terminal
- 24p Cinema Mode
- 30p Progressive Mode
- Built-in Automatic Lens Cover
- Advanced Accessory Shoe
- MiniSD Card Slot
- Advanced Photo Features
- Simultaneous Photo Shooting (2 Megapixel)
- Histogram Display
- Built-in Flash
- 3.1 Megapixel Photos
- Captures 2 Megapixel Stills from Tape
- Easy Print/Share Button
- Program AE Mode
- Built-in Ultra Video Light
- Wireless Remote
- Super Light Weight
- Focus Assistant Function
- Level Shot and Grid Markers
- Smooth Zoom Control
- 2.7" Color Widescreen LCD
- USB 2.0 Full Speed Terminal
- VIXIA HF100 Camcorder
- Battery Pack BP-809 (with Terminal Cover)
- Compact Power Adapter CA-570
- Stereo Video Cable STV-250 N
- Wireless Controller WL-D88
- USB Cable IFC-400PCU
- Component Cable CTC-100S
- Digital Video Solution Disk for Windows and Mac
- Pixela ImageMixer™ 3SE Disc
- RECORDING MEDIA: SD/SDHC Memory Card (not supplied)
- RECORDING TIME SP: 2 hrs. 20 min.
- ZOOM RATIO 12x Optical/200x Digital
- FOCAL LENGTH f = 4.8-57mm
- ZOOM SPEED Variable/3 Fixed Zoom Speeds
- MAX. F/STOP f/1.8-3.0mm
- FILTER SIZE 37 mm
- IMAGE STABILIZATION Super-range Optical (lens shift)
- MINIMUM OBJECT DISTANCE 10 mm (wide)/1m (tele)
- LCD SCREEN 2.7" Multi-angle Vivid Widescreen LCD (211,000 pixels)
- AUTOFOCUS SYSTEM Instant AF, Through the Lens/Manual
- MANUAL FOCUS ASSIST
- FUNCTIONS Magnifying, Peaking
- MANUAL EXPOSURE Yes
- PROGRAMMED AE Auto, Program, Av, Tv, Portrait, Sports, Night, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Spotlight, Fireworks
- WHITE BALANCE METHOD Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Auto, Manual
- IMAGE SENSOR 1/2.7" CMOS Sensor, RGB Primary Color Filter
- TOTAL PIXELS Approx. 3.3 Megapixels
- CARD RECORDING
- Movies: Approx. 2.07 Megapixels (1920x1080)
- Still image: Approx. 2.76 Megapixels (1920x1440)
- MAX SHUTTER SPEED
- AUTO DATE/TIME Yes
- RECORD SEARCH/REVIEW Yes
- AUDIO: Dolby Digital 2ch (AC-3 2 ch)
- HDMI TERMINAL Type C 480i/480p/1080I Format Supported
- MICROPHONE TERMINAL 3.5mm Stereo mini-jack
- AV MINI TERMINAL/ HEADPHONE TERMINAL 3.5mm 4 pole mini-jack
- Height: 2.5"
- Width: 2.9"
- Depth: 5.1"
- Unit: 1.2 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): One year parts and labor