Olympus Black 8 Megapixel Digital Camera - STYLUS840B
The perfect blend of style and technology. The Stylus 840 is a perfect camera for users looking for a compact digital camera with advanced features. An attractive package of features including a 5x Optical Zoom and Digital Image Stabilization helps users capture clear, crisp memories.
5x OPTICAL ZOOM.
Get 60 percent closer to the action than a 3x zoom with this ultra-compact, precision-crafted Olympus lens.
DUAL IMAGE STABILIZATION.
The 2-in-1 anti-blur solution. Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization, which keeps your shot steady by compensating for camera shake, combines with Digital Image Stabilization to capture crisp, clear images in any situation.
2.7 HyperCrystal LCD.
This large LCD features an extra-wide viewing angle and anti-glare technology for easier composing and shooting. Share photos with family and friends even in direct, bright sunlight.
Tracks faces and automatically focuses and optimizes exposure for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures.
SHADOW ADJUSTMENT TECHNOLOGY.
Bring out the details in shadows and capture scenes exactly as you see them. Overcome difficult lighting situations at the touch of a button to produce sharper, more true-to-life images.
- The Stylus 840's ultra-compact lens is made from precision-crafted glass that puts you 60 percent closer than a 3x zoom.
- Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization combines with high ISO sensitivity and fast shutter speeds to capture crisp, clear images in any situation.
- The large 2.7" HyperCrystal LCD features an extra-wide viewing angle and anti-glare technology for easier composing and shooting. Share photos with family and friends even in bright, direct sunlight.
- Get superior image quality with a high-resolution 8-megapixel CCD. Make large prints, or even crop, without losing detail.
- Face Detection tracks your subjects' faces within the frame and automatically focuses and optimizes exposure for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures.
- Bring out the details in the shadow. Capture scenes exactly as you see them, even in difficult lighting situations such as backlight.
- Using a live, multi-frame window on the LCD, you can preview the effects of various settings, select and capture the perfect shot!
- Correct shooting mistakes instantly with Perfect Fix. With the touch of a button, lighten up shadows and remove red-eye, so a less-than-perfect shot can still turn out perfect!
- In-Camera Panorama mode captures three images and stitches them together to create one amazing panoramic picture. Simply press the shutter button and slowly pan across a panoramic scene.
- Developed for the professional Digital SLR, the TruePic III Image Processor delivers superior images with true-to-life color, sharper detail, and less noise.
- Dont miss the moment. A new Pre-Capture Movie scene mode lets you capture two seconds of the movie before the shutter release, as well as five seconds of the movie after the shutter release.
- Stylus 840 digital camera
- USB cable
- Audio/Video cable
- Wrist strap
- Li-42B Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery and charger
- OLYMPUS Master 2 Software CD-ROM
- Warranty card
- MASD-1 (microSD adapter)
- Imager 8.0 Megapixels (effective), 1/2.35 CCD (1.1cm)
- 6.4 32.0 mm (36 180 mm equivalent in 35mm photography),
- 8 Lenses in 6 Groups, 4 Aspherical Lenses
- Zoom 5x Optical Zoom + 5.6x Digital Zoom (Seamless to 28x)
- Aperture Range F3.3 - F5.0
- LCD 2.7 (6.9cm) HyperCrystal LCD with Backlight Boost Button, approx. 230,000 pixels
- 5 Steps Brightness Adjustment
- Focus System CCD Contrast Detection
- Focus Range Normal mode: 27.6" infinity (0.7m infinity)
- Macro mode: Wide: 7.9 infinity (0.2m infinity), Tele: 23.6 infinity (0.6m infinity)
- Super Macro mode: 1.2" 27.6 (3cm 70cm)
- Focus Mode iESP Auto, Spot AF, Face Detection AF
- Shutter Speed 1/2000 sec. 1/2 sec. (up to 4 sec. in Night Scene mode)
- ISO Auto, 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 (equivalent)
- Metering Mode Digital ESP Metering, Spot Metering, Face Detection AE (when Face Detection AF is selected)
- White Balance Auto, Presets (Daylight, Overcast, Tungsten, and 3 Fluorescents)
- Exposure Compensation ±2 EV steps in 1/3 EV steps
- Recording Modes Still Image: JPEG
- Movie: AVI Motion JPEG
- Adjustment Resolutions
- 8MP (3,248 x 2,436)
- 5MP (2,560 x 1,920)
- 4MP (2,304 x 1,728)
- 3MP (2,048 x 1,536)
- 2MP (1,600 x 1,200)
- 1MP (1,280 x 960)
- VGA (640 x 480)
- 16:9 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Shooting Modes 24 shooting modes;
- Auto, Program Auto, Sensor-Shift Stabilization, Scene Modes (1. PORTRAIT, 2. LANDSCAPE, 3. LANDSCAPE+PORTRAIT, 4. NIGHT SCENE, 5. NIGHT+PORTRAIT, 6. SPORT, 7. INDOOR, 8. CANDLE, 9. SELF PORTRAIT, 10. AVAILABLE LIGHT PORTRAIT, 11. SUNSET, 12. FIREWORKS, 13. CUISINE, 14. BEHIND GLASS, 15. DOCUMENTS, 16.AUCTION, 17.SHOOT & SELECT1, 18. SHOOT & SELECT2, 19. BEACH&SNOW, 20. PRE-CAPTURE MOVIE), Movie
- Panorama Modes Up to 10 frames automatically stitchable with OLYMPUS Master software when using Olympus brand xD-Picture Card
- Sequential Shooting High speed: 6.9 frames per second, 10 frames (3MP)
- Normal speed: 1.0 frames per second, 6 frames (8MP)
- Shooting Assist Functions Shooting Guide, Perfect Shot Preview, Histogram, Frame Assist, Voice Recording
- Movie Mode
- AVI Movie with Sound;
- 640x480 (30/15fps)
- 320x240 (30/15fps)
- Image Processing TruePic III Image Processor
- Noise Reduction Set automatically at shutter speeds of 0.5 second or longer in specific scene modes
- Image Playback Still Image: Single, Index Display (4/9/16/25), Up to 10x Enlargement, Slideshow, Rotation, Calendar, My Favorites, Histogram
- Movie: Normal, FAst-Forward, Reverse, Frame-by-Frame
- Flash Built-in
- Flash Modes
- Auto (for low light and backlit conditions)
- Red-Eye Reduction
- Flash Working Range
- Wide: 0.66ft (0.2m) 11.8ft. (3.6m) at ISO Auto
- Tele: 2.0ft (0.6m) 7.9ft. (2.4m) at ISO Auto
- Selftimer 12 Seconds
- Memory 14.8MB Internal Memory
- Removable Media Card xD-Picture Card (1GB, 2GB), microSD (MASD-1 is required)
- Outer Connectors Multi-Terminal (USB Connector, Audio/Video Output, DC Input*)
- *Optional DC Coupler (CB-MA1) is required.
- Auto-connect USB 2.0 High Speed (USB Mass Storage)
- System Requirements
- Auto-Connect USB: Windows® 2000/XP/VISTA with USB port, Mac OS X v10.3 or later with USB port
- Software: Windows® 2000PRO/XP/VISTA, Mac OS X v10.3 or later
- Operating Environment
- Operation: 32° 104°F (0° 40°C), 30% 90% humidity
- Storage: -4° 140°F (-20° 60°C), 10% 90% humidity
- Power Supply Li-ion Rechargeable Battery (LI-42B), AC Adapter (D-7AC) with the optional DC Coupler (CB-MA1)
- Battery Life 190 Shots
- Width: 3.8"
- Height: 2.2"
- Depth: 0.94"
- Unit(without batteries and media card): 0.29 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lb