Yamaha Black 5.1 Channel Digital Home Theater Receiver - RXV463BK
High-Performance Home Theater Receiver offering many advanced functions including 1080p-compatible HDMI, XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio ready, iPod and Bluetooth compatibility, CINEMA DSP, YPAO sound optimization, and four SCENE buttons.
Dolby Pro Logic II
Improved version of Dolby Pro-Logic for music and movies. With a more intelligent matrix decoder, it is suitable for both stereo and surround-encoded sources. It offers bass management as well as the option of incorporating width, dimension and panorama controls.
DTS Digital Surround
The basic DTS 5.1 channel sound format. Uses a higher data rate than Dolby Digital.
XM - XM Ready
A product with this feature indicates that the item is XM SATELLiTE RADiO (XM Ready), allowing you to hear over 150 digital channels of music, news, sports, talk and entertainment from America's number one Satellite Radio service. With the addition of the optional digital antenna XM Mini-Tuner Home Dock and the XM Mini-Tuner accessories sold separately, just subscribe to XM SATELLiTE RADiO and hear radio as it was meant to be!
XM HD Surround Sound
XM and Neural Audio Corporation announce XM HD Surround, which provides content with six discrete channels of digital full fidelity audio powered by Neural Audio technology. Marking the first time that a radio company has broadcast in 5.1 Surround Sound twenty-four hours a day. Beginning in April 2006, XM will broadcast the Fine Tuning® (XM Channel 76) and the classical pops music channel XM Pops (XM Channel 113) in XM HD Surround. XM will also broadcast a variety of special shows and live music performances at the XM studios in XM HD Surround.
Neural Surround, a proprietary audio format that embeds the rich envelopment and discrete image detail of surround sound and is 100% compatible with stereo content. Chosen by XM Satellite Radio as the format for their 24/7 XM HD Surround programming
A Sirius-Ready audio system lets you access your favorite SIRIUS Satellite Radio entertainment, including 100% commercial-free music, plus sports, uncensored talk, comedy, exclusive entertainment, world-class news and more, directly through your audio system with the use of an optional SIRIUS ConnectT Home Tuner kit. This product has a simple connector that allows you to plug the SIRIUS ConnectT kit and use the controls of this system to access all the content you want. Subscription and SIRIUS ConnectT Home Tuner (SC-H1) are required and sold separately.
High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is the first and only digital interface to combine uncompressed high-definition video, multi-channel audio and intelligent format and command data in a single digital interface. HDMI switching, providing the most advanced method of delivering high quality video signals to a home theater system to enable the reproduction of DVD and satellite TV sources with HD quality. HDMI can also send the digital audio signals from sources such as DVD Audio, CD, Dolby Digital and DTS to provide simple components connections.
6 Ch Ext Input
6 additional input jacks for discrete multi-channel input. Front (Left, Center, Right), Rear (Surround Left & Right) and Subwoofer
CINEMA DSP Digital
Conventional multichannel audio reproduction systems base their sound on Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, using matrix and steering technologies to create surround sound effects. Yamaha CINEMA DSP is much more advanced, actually creating richly realized independent sound fields that envelop you in an unmatched surround sound experience. With dialogue, music and effects from ideally located in these separate sound fields, you will hear sound with accurate placement, smooth movement, exceptional clarity and richness, and startlingly realistic presence. It will seem as if the walls of your room have disappeared and you are in the middle of your own immense theater! The decoding circuitry performs Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS Digital Surround, DTS-ES (DTS-ES Matrix 6.1 and DTS-ES Discrete 6.1), DTS Neo:6 and DTS 96/24 decoding with extreme accuracy, as well as all digital sound field processing.
SILENT CINEMA and Virtual CINEMA DSP
SILENT CINEMA makes it possible to hear large-scale surround sound through ordinary headphones! This is a variation of CINEMA DSP technology that Yamaha developed to let you listen in private to movies and other multi-channel sources for hours without listening fatigue. Virtual CINEMA DSP lets you enjoy the effects of CINEMA DSP surround sound without using surround speakers (handy for use in custom installations where some rooms don't have surround speakers). It can be used with the front / center / presence speakers or even with just the two front left and right speakers.
Compressed Music Enhancer
Yamaha employs sophisticated digital signal processing with exclusive algorithms to enable playback that improves the performance of compressed music formats, including MP3 and WMA. With the Compressed Music Enhancer, highs and especially lows are richer and smoother, bringing music back to life to be as close to the original as possible.
SCENE A NEW LEVEL OF OPERATING EASE
Four SCENE buttons make operating the receiver easier than ever. They are initially set to default settings for DVD Viewing, Disc Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening. Pressing a SCENE button automatically launches a number of operations that initiate play of the source controlled by that button. Other SCENE settings are also available, such as iPod Listening, XM Listening, TV Sports Viewing and Action Game Playing. Browsing and selecting the settings is quickly accomplished by rotating the Input knob and watching the on-screen display. The settings can be selected for one-time use, or they can replace the original default settings. The SCENE names can be changed also.
YPAO Automatic System Calibration
Yamahas YPAO system uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are. First it checks the speaker connections and phase of each speaker. Then it sends out tones which are captured by the microphone to analyze the room acoustics and sets a variety of parameters, such as the speaker size, the distance of the speakers and even the sound pressure level, etc. Until it achieves the best sound conditions for your room and you don't have to do anything!
RX-V2500 and newer models have an improved system that is faster (less than three minutes), also adjusts frequency response, and provides three programed EQ patterns, plus the ability to manually adjust parametric EQ settings. Six YPAO settings can be held in memory and recalled via two system memory buttons on the remote control.
- 4 SCENE buttons offering greater operating ease (with 17 preset SCENE templates)
- XM ready with XM HD Surround powered by Neural Surround
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio ready
- YPAO for automatic speaker setup
- iPod compatibility via Yamaha Universal Dock
- Bluetooth (A2DP) compatibility with Yamaha Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Receiver (YBA-10)
- Front panel mini jack for connecting portable audio player
- On-screen display with iPod song title display
High Sound Quality
- 5-channel, 525W powerful surround sound (105W x 5)
- Direct mode for high quality sound reproduction
- Burr-Brown 192kHz/24-bit DACs used in all channels
High Picture Quality
- 1080p-compatible HDMI (2 in/1 out) including 1080p/24Hz repeat
- HDTV compatible component video terminals (3 in/1 out)
- CINEMA DSP with 8 DSP programs
- Compressed Music Enhancer to improve compressed music sources
- Night Listening Enhancer (Cinema/Music) and SILENT CINEMA
Other Notable Features
- 40-station preset tuning / Auto preset tuning
- HD Audio LPCM 5.1-channel reception (up to 96kHz)
- iPod song titles displayed in English and Western European languages ISO 8859-1 (Latin 1) on the front panel and on-screen display
- Virtual CINEMA DSP
- Audio Delay for adjusting lip-sync (0160ms)
- 9 selectable subwoofer crossover frequencies
- Subwoofer phase select
- Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby Pro Logic II decoding
- Front panel Video Aux input with mini jack
- Subwoofer out
- 6-channel external input
- Speaker A or B selection
- Preset remote unit
- Channels 5
- RMS Output Power (1kHz) 105W x 5
- Total Power (20Hz - 20kHz) 525W (1kHz)
- Dolby Digital EX/ Dolby Pro Logic IIx (Dolby Digital / Dolby Pro Logic II)
- DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 (DTS Digital Surround)
- iPod Compatibility (With Optional YDS-10)
- Bluetooth Compatibility (With Optional YBA-10)
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- Neural Surround
- XM HD Surround
- Sirius Satellite Radio Ready
- XM Satellite Radio Ready
- HDMI (In/Out) (2 / 1) Ver. 1.3
- Component Video (In/Out) (3 / 1)
- A/V Inputs (S-Video) 4
- Digital Inputs/Outputs [O: Optical, C: Coaxial] (O: 2, C: 1)
- Front A/V with Digital Input (A/V Only)
- Front Mini Input for Portables
- D/A Conversion 192 kHz / 24 bit
- Surround Programs: 8
- YPAO (w/Optimizer Microphone)
- On-Screen Display
- Speaker A, B or A + B
- Selectable Subwoofer Crossover
- Multi-Channel Decoder Inputs: 6-Channel
- Width: 17.125"
- Height: 5.9375"
- Depth: 12.5"
- Unit: 18.7 lbs
- Shipping: 22 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 years parts and labor