Elgato TV Receiver And Video Converter For Analog & Digital TV - 10020780
EyeTV 250 Plus enables you to watch and record television directly on your Mac. It receives free over-the-air HDTV, Clear QAM digital cable, and analog TV via basic cable or antenna. EyeTV 250 Plus also offers a complete solution for converting videos from VHS tape to DVD-Video, and enables you to create your own video content for an iPod®, Apple TV™, or iPhone™.
Watch, pause, and rewind live television on your Mac. Find your favorite shows and schedule recordings using EyeTV's Program Guide. Capture video and convert VHS tapes to high-quality digital files with the help of a VHS Assistant. Edit your videos and export to a video-capable iPod®, Apple TV™, or iPhone™. Store your video library on a Mac or an external disc, or burn to DVD-Video using Roxio Toast® 8 Basic disc burning software (included). EyeTV 250 Plus records high quality video from analog sources, compressing audio and video signals to small size MPEG-2 files and freeing up your processor for other activities.
- Future-proof television for your Mac
EyeTV 250 Plus is future-proof for the upcoming digital TV switch-over in 2009, and is ideal for those who want the flexibility of a digital and analog TV tuner together with a hardware encoder in one device. EyeTV 250 Plus delivers free-to-air digital TV to your Mac (ATSC), unencrypted digital cable (Clear QAM), as well as conventional analog TV via standard cable or antenna. EyeTV 250 Plus also comes with a break-out cable for composite video and S-Video, enabling you to connect a set-top box directly to your Mac.
- Superb quality digital and analog TV recordings
EyeTV 250 Plus records digital television in one quality setting, Lossless. The ATSC digital stream is recorded unaltered, and so you’re getting full quality HDTV content as encoded by the broadcaster. EyeTV supports closed captioning and Dolby® Digital sound.
- Convert videotapes into digital files
Use EyeTV 250 Plus to capture video and convert VHS tapes into high-quality digital files. EyeTV 250 Plus’ easy-to-use VHS Assistant will walk you through each step, from connecting your VCR or camcorder right through to burning a DVD or sending the recording to iTunes. The iPod Assistant will also help you capture movies from an analog video source, and convert them to the appropriate iPod/iPhone/Apple TV format.
- Convert analog VHS tapes into digital files
Capture video from a VCR or camcorder and create digital copies of your personal videotaped memories on your Mac and iPod.
- EyeTV 250's easy-to-use VHS Assistant
Walks you through the entire process of digitizing your videotape, right through to creating a DVD. The VHS Assistant shows you how to connect the video recorder's outputs, play back the tape, and record it into EyeTV's Archive. From there you can choose to export the file to your iPod, leave it in your EyeTV Archive, or burn a DVD using Roxio's Toast 7 Titanium or iDVD.
Analog- / ATSC-Tuner
- Frequency range: 48-862MHz (VHF and UHF)
- Analog TV standards: NTSC
- Digital TV standards: ATSC
- 5th Generation LG Demodulator
- Video Encoding:
- High-quality real-time encoding
- Supports MPEG-2 and MPEG-1
- NTSC resolutions: up to 720×480, 30 fps
- PAL resolutions: up to 720×576, 25 fps
- SECAM resolutions: up to 720×576, 25 fps
- Variable and constant bit rate up to 15-Mbit/sec
- Audio Encoding:
- MPEG 1 Layer II
- Sampling rates of 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz
- Compressed bit rates up to 448 kbit/se
Input and Output
- USB 2.0
- Antenna input: Coaxial connector (IEC)
- S-Video (via break out cable, included)
- Composite video (via break out cable, included)
- Stereo audio (via break out cable, included)
- IR remote control sensor
- Macintosh® computer with a PowerPC® G4, G5 or Intel Core processor
- 512 MB of physical RAM
- Built-in USB 2.0 port
- Mac OS X v10.4 or later.
- Internet connection required to download Program Guide data
- 720p or 1080i HD features require a Dual PowerPC G5 or an Intel Core Duo processor.
- EyeTV 250 Plus Analog/Digital TV Receiver & Video Converter
- EyeTV 3 software (CD-ROM)
- Infrared remote control with battery pack
- Power cord and adapter
- USB cable
- Break out cable for Composite, S-Video and Stereo Audio connections
- Quick Start Guide
- Height: 1.5"
- Width: 2.5"
- Depth: 4.1"
- Unit: 0.5 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs