Le Creuset 1.25 Qt. Demi Tea Kettle - Q940102
Demi Tea Kettle with Fixed Whistle
This delightful Tea Kettle now meets European Standards and it has been improved with a fixed whistle and dual locking handles. Teatime has never looked so good!
Le Creuset Tea Kettles
More and more people are turning to the healthy and enjoyable benefits that drinking tea can bring. In an effort to meet consumers' needs, Le Creuset has five different styles of Tea Kettles.
- Le Creuset's Tea Kettles have whistles, which emit a defining sound, allowing you more freedom to roam.
- Unique dual locking handles move from an upright to a downward position.
- Phenolic handles and knobs are heat resistant, so you do not come into contact with any hot surfaces.
About Le Creuset... Since 1925, artisans have been crafting Le Creuset cookware in the French village of Fresnoy Le Grand. Each piece of Le Creuset cast iron cookware is handcast, polished, double enamel-coated and then fired, resulting in some of the finest quality cookware available. Cast iron is one of the best materials for distributing heat gently and thoroughly and is ideal for induction ranges. The strong enamel coating will not absorb odors or flavors, and is easy to clean. Heavy lids securely seal in moisture and flavor. Le Creuset cookware comes in a variety of sizes, colors and styles to match any kitchen and cooking preference. So lasting, you'll pass it on to the next generation of promising cooks.
Enamel On Steel
In an effort to bring more variety to the consumer, Le Creuset introduced the Enamel on Steel product line in 1991. Made of heavy gauge steel and coated with a very hard, glossy enamel for which Le Creuset is well known, this product line is a must have for any cookware collector. Take enjoyment in the fun and lustrous colors, creative designs, and outstanding performance that only Le Creuset offers.
Color, Quality, & Design
Since 1925, French craftsman have been perfecting the hand-finished art of Le Creuset porcelain enameled cast iron cookware. The combination of classic design and unique performance has made Le Creuset the first choice of discriminating chefs around the world.
A Material Difference
- Porcelain enameled cast iron spreads heat more evenly, retains heat longer, and won't react to acidic foods.
- Tight-fitting lids and even heating combine to form a blanket of heat which gently cooks food while sealing in flavors.
- Porcelain enameled cast iron works with almost all heat sources: gas, electric, induction, and ceramic top ranges.
- Phenolic knobs and handles are oven safe to 450°F/232°C.
- Le Creuset cleans up in the dishwasher.
- Le Creuset's porcelain enameled cast iron cookware is backed by a lifetime warranty.
Product Care - Enameled Steel:
- Avoid leaving water in kettle or pot when not in use. A build up of mineral deposits may occur and reduce efficiency.
- Before first use, wash kettle or pot in hot water with a mild detergent. Rinse well and dry. If you have a kettle, lift handle up until it "locks" into position.
- Always ensure base of kettle or pot is covered by water before heating.
- For the kettle, do not overfill-maximum filling level should be approximately 3/4 full, just below spout hole inside kettle.
- Match kettle or pot base to size of burner.
- Before pouring from your kettle, ensure handle is "locked" in upright position.
- Do not leave kettle simmering for long periods on any heat source; it may boil dry, damaging the base and enamel.
- Do not bang the kettle or pot. Repeated knocks may damage the enamel.